Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fraud Software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fraud Software

What software is best for fraud checks besides the fraud record module?

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• Knowing what to look for when reviewing the signup, and keeping a tight MaxMind score and review their results

Thanked by 2Nic_20TBSSD doghouch
  • If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
    1. Common Sense

2. MaxMind + FraudRecord

3. Don't accept orders blindly in desperation to make a few sales.

• Just signed up for an account with Maxmind so ill add that on top of fraud records that should do me thanks folks.

• Plain and simple: Don't be a dumbass.

• Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited December 2015

@GCat said:
    Plain and simple: Don't be a dumbass.

I'm sorry but how does this have anything to do with what I initially asked? I asked for the best software to check for fraud. I don't think "don't be a dumb ass" is any kind of useful software or even a legitimate helpful answer.

• @Nic_20TBSSD said:
    I'm sorry but how does this have anything to do with what I initially asked? I asked for the best software to check for fraud. I don't think "don't be a dumb ass" is any kind of useful software or even a legitimate helpful answer.

Because it's evident you suggest that software is perfect. Manual beats all.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • Puts a lot of people off but best solution I could find was just asking for proof of ID and address on orders over £150.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • It really irks me that providers are happy to pass off their buyers' details to third parties like google analytics and maxmind.

• Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    It really irks me that providers are happy to pass off their buyers' details to third parties like google analytics and maxmind.

Would it not be the same for fraud records? Just instead of catching them with maxmind before they scam you fraud records is for the aftermath?

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited December 2015

GM2015 said: It really irks me that providers are happy to pass off their buyers' details to third parties like google analytics and maxmind.

That's like saying you don't like your ISP for performing a credit check before opening your account.. And almost every website you ever use passes details to google analytics.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@GM2015 said:
    It really irks me that providers are happy to pass off their buyers' details to third parties like google analytics and maxmind.

You come up with a solution that has the same or better outcome and I imagine people with jump at it.

• Unless the host reports a user the FraudRecord API requires details for checking to be SHA1 hashed, so one could argue no client data is being sent at all.

Fraudrecord and manual checking beats maxmind hands down!

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@GCat said:
    Plain and simple: Don't be a dumbass.

LOL ...This actually goes with "Common Sense".
    Fraud Record
    Maxmind
    Research the customer, verify address, verify IP, domain, etc.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited December 2015

Actually my new fraudrecord module that actually works as a native fraud module in both blesta/whmcs. and yes I have tested whmcs and whmcs allows both maxmind and my fraudrecord module enabled at the same time.
    it will automatically scan/screen the orders that come through and either automatically accept them or stop them if they are listed on fraudrecord.
    Listing on whmcs appstore:
    http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/4566/FraudRecord-Fraud-System-Module.html
    Listing on blesta marketplace:
    https://marketplace.blesta.com/#/extensions/22-FraudRecord Blesta Fraud Module

Thanked by 1miTgiB
  • @timnboys said:
    Actually my new fraudrecord module that actually works as a native fraud module in both blesta/whmcs. and yes I have tested whmcs and whmcs allows both maxmind and my fraudrecord module enabled at the same time.
    it will automatically scan/screen the orders that come through and either automatically accept them or stop them if they are listed on fraudrecord.

Man I've broken your billing panel. I just tried to register twice captcha was wrong both times and then its logged me in as someone elses account

edited December 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Man I've broken your billing panel. I just tried to register twice captcha was wrong both times and then its logged me in as someone elses account

really because let me check for you if you need me to send you a key in a pm I am fine with that.
    I see you fine in blesta.
    I won't give out client details of yours in public but can verify over pm you are in blesta.

• @timnboys said:
    really because let me check for you if you need me to send you a key in a pm I am fine with that.

Its fixed now I had to specify my own username. Also shoot me a key :)

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Its fixed now I had to specify my own username. Also shoot me a key :)

okay well I have approved your request for a trial key didn't know it didn't automatically accept it.

• @timnboys said:
    okay well I have approved your request for a trial key didn't know it didn't automatically accept it.

Now you just have to hint me towards downloads and how to installs

• Okay I will open a support ticket with you and give you the link to the blesta downloads system and how to install it.

• timnboys said: new fraudrecord module that actually works as a native fraud module in both blesta/whmcs. and yes I have tested whmcs and whmcs allows both maxmind and my fraudrecord module enabled at the same time. it will automatically scan/screen the orders that come through and either automatically accept them or stop them if they are listed on fraudrecord.

I probably have a very old version of FraudRecord, it still works, why fix it, but my biggest gripe about it, is wishing to report after some time has passed, I need to go into the module and hunt the user down, so does the new version allow for easier submissions, maybe from the client page?

• @miTgiB said:
    I probably have a very old version of FraudRecord, it still works, why fix it, but my biggest gripe about it, is wishing to report after some time has passed, I need to go into the module and hunt the user down, so does the new version allow for easier submissions, maybe from the client page?

yes in my module it is automated as my updated version or new version will automatically scan/screen orders and allow/block them based on fraudrecord's listing from their db via their api.
    why fix it? because my module doesn't make you have to manually look them up as it will do it during the fraud screening process of whmcs/blesta so you don't even have to deal with them to start with as it will block them on the spot if they are listed.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited December 2015

timnboys said: why fix it? because my module doesn't make you have to manually look them up as it will do it during the fraud screening process

I got that from your quick blurb, but my question is after the fact, someone gets by, a day/week/month later they violate the "Don't be a dick" rules and hit with a chargeback/spam/lose their mind and I wish to submit to the DB. I am still using v1.0 so I need to hunt the user down from within the module, how would I make a submission now while I wait for the greylisting to expire so I can get into my account on your site. I'm still trying to justify your $20/mo fee. Not saying it is not worth it, but need to justify it as everyone wants to get their hands in my pocket. I prefer women getting their hands in my pants, and usually they don't ask for monthly payments, unless I lose my mind and marry one of them again.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

I'll just wait for the new FraudRecord module that's expected to be out next year. :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

KuJoe said: I'll just wait for the new FraudModule that's expected to be out next year. :)

And how long is that you think? It has been quite some time since that module has been updated

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I'm not sure, I thought I remember reading something about a new update to the module in the past month or two but I can't remember where now.

edited December 2015

@miTgiB said:
    I got that from your quick blurb, but my question is after the fact, someone gets by, a day/week/month later they violate the "Don't be a dick" rules and hit with a chargeback/spam/lose their mind and I wish to submit to the DB. I am still using v1.0 so I need to hunt the user down from within the module, how would I make a submission now while I wait for the greylisting to expire so I can get into my account on your site. I'm still trying to justify your $20/mo fee. Not saying it is not worth it, but need to justify it as everyone wants to get their hands in my pocket. I prefer women getting their hands in my pants, and usually they don't ask for monthly payments, unless I lose my mind and marry one of them again.

okay why don't you come on my livechat and lets discuss what you agree to be acceptable.
    and also you are "greylisted" from my site really? I haven't seen that yet. would you please tell me the problem you are having with a account on my site.

• timnboys said: you are "greylisted" from my site really? I haven't seen that yet. would you please tell me the problem you are having with a account on my site.

Everyone is greylisted, I greylist my inbound email, so my reset password link is sitting in your mail queue and I do not see anything in my greylist waiting queue that jumps out at me as it would be from your site, so can't whitelist it.

• @miTgiB said:
    Everyone is greylisted, I greylist my inbound email, so my reset password link is sitting in your mail queue and I do not see anything in my greylist waiting queue that jumps out at me as it would be from your site, so can't whitelist it.

do you even have a account though? as I cannot find anything that would identify you as having a account in blesta?