Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail going into Spam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail going into Spam

SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
edited January 2013 in General

Our mail is delivered via. SendGrid Lite.

It seems like our "Your account has been activated" emails (and all other emails) go through fine, however the ones containing the actual SolusVM details seem to arrive in Spam on Gmail & Apple OSX Mail client.

Any idea why, or how I can solve this issue?

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2013

Ask for the full header.

See if there are any differences in the full headers.

Start from there.

Sometimes its the different routes the mail takes, or the records on the e-mail (basically verification that the e-mail was indeed sent from the intended source). Also, I believe if it doesn't have the proper information (I can't remember the exact mail term at the moment) Google marks it as spam automatically.

Edit: Also, I've had this issue before so I don't know if its your clients too, but my Gmail "Smart Filter" filtered all of my IPXCore's e-mails to "Promotions" folder (I don't even know why) and it skipped the inbox. This meant for a few months all IPXCore's e-mails and "overdue invoice notices" were all skipping my inbox and going to my Promotions folder (not Spam folder). Check to see if its really the Filter or the actual Spam folder.

I'd get the "Your New VPS Has been Created" e-mails but not the Invoice e-mails.

• I used to have this and it drove my nuts. I think since I setup a reverse DNS record it started to arrive all well.

• edited January 2013

Are you using things like DKIM, DMARC, Sender ID, and/or SPF? If not, you should setup any that you can as it will improve deliverability.

It appears as though their Lite package signs outgoing mail with their own DKIM, not yours. However, you should be able to setup Sender ID and SPF though.

• I suggest upgrading, getting a dedicated IP with them and use DKIM. All available on Silver

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited January 2013

@SimpleNode said: Any idea why, or how I can solve this issue?

I had this issue long ago and solved it by adding an SPF record for th email host in addition to an already existing SPF record for the domain, but it seems recently only the "Your VPS is setup" emails are again going to the junk folder at gmail, so I have to assume Google has changed some filter policy as I have changed nothing on my end, I am the king of not breaking (fixing) working things.