Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Web hosting diary? Who owns it? Asim?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Web hosting diary? Who owns it? Asim?

24khost24khost Member
edited January 2013 in General

I would like to thank whoever owns the sight for their wonderful review of our company.

Comments

• Yes it's run by @Asim. Looks like a fine review, however i would also like to see one of the 'cloud' features you offer

• which cloud feature

• @24khost said: which cloud feature

I don't know myself but you are always advertising cloud servers

• They are cloud. But even amz cloud still has issue's once in a while

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

To the cloud!

• @24khost said: But even amz cloud still has issue's once in a while

No you understood me wrong. I wasn't refering to the recent downtime, i wanted to get a benchmark of their cloud features.

• ahhh okay. so how would you like to benchmark that? really no way to cause downtime to show you that it jumps to another box if the hardware fails.

• @gsrdgrdghd

He copies files to a stand-by server, downtime was network outages like he said

• @24khost thanks, its sort of a separation from my original personal-blog www.asim.pk because family/friends following my personal blog find these VPS reviews too techie and unrelated.

Its more of a personal rant rather than a blog as esteemed as LowEndBox and/or 96MB

Thanks @gsrdgrdghd for pointing that out,

• was great to read it. and then came the downtime today and it was like really. this great review then downtime.

• @24khost Oh, sorry to hear that. I hope it has not effected much

• @asim only 8 hours of downtime. nothing really.

• 8 hours is 'nothing'?

Not that you were ever there, but /me crosses off 24k from his list of hosts to ever consider.

• @Wintereise said: 8 hours is 'nothing'?
    Not that you were ever there, but /me crosses off 24k from his list of hosts to ever consider.

I must admit that comment gave me pause for thought, especially as I still haven't seen anything explaining what went on outside of LET.

• @Nekki said: I must admit that comment gave me pause for thought, especially as I still haven't seen anything explaining what went on outside of LET.

8 hour is a major issue, especially when it's not a planned outage and that there are lots of cloud buzz words involved. In theory whatever it is, network included should be able to failover being a cloud.

• @concerto49 said: 8 hour is a major issue, especially when it's not a planned outage and that there are lots of cloud buzz words involved. In theory whatever it is, network included should be able to failover being a cloud.

In all fairness, 'cloud' isn't a term I've seen applied to the VPS offerings, so I wasn't expecting miracles in that respect, but I do feel that being unable to access my data for a large part of the day isn't 'nothing' either.

• You need to realize that it was said jokingly. 8 hours is hell when you have clients wanting answers.

• I am sorry people got the wrong idea from my comment.

• @24khost said: You need to realize that it was said jokingly. 8 hours is hell when you have clients wanting answers.

It really didn't come across like a joke IMO.

• I apologize. I thought it was funny.

• @Asim or @24khost could you post the link to the site.

Thanks.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@24khost seems like a great review.

• @24khost any details yet on the outage and and why it took so long to recover? Not received any emails yet as far as I can see...

• I will resend it. And post it in the thread.