Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with Delimiter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with Delimiter

I purchased a Dedicated server from Delimiter during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotion. I also purchased three ipv4 addresses. I receive the server and attempted to setup Proxmox/SolusVM/Virtualizor without any success. I have some experience with Proxmox with OVH/SyS and have successfully used in the past.

I created a ticket on 12/14/2015: http://i.imgur.com/Vk1zbxc.png in which the response was to give them root access. I give the support agent the information and wait a couple of days for the agent to respond. I have yet to receive a response. I understand that this is an unmanged server, but I do not understand the purpose of asking for root access and not replying to the ticket or do anything but waste my time.

After a couple days pass of not getting a response from the support ticket, I create a a thread on lowendtalk on 12/17/2015. I asked for some help/suggestions and a user recommended that I just purchase a /29. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/71234/delimiter-32-ips

I also create a ticket on 12/17/2015 asking delimiter some questions about purchasing additional IPs: http://i.imgur.com/QAWdgn0.png
On 12/17/2015 I purchase the /29 subnet and receive the payment confirmation email: http://i.imgur.com/XXvrOwq.png

A couple days pass and I have yet to receive the IPs or any sort of information regarding them. On 12/22/2015 I create a ticket asking about the IPs. I was told that the IPs where waiting for justification. I realize that IPv4 addresses are running out, but I did not receive any sort of message or notification saying that I am supposed to send a justification. On 12/23/2015 I send a reply back and get a response saying that my request has been forwarded. I have been waiting for some sort of response and I have yet to receive anything. http://i.imgur.com/SPqXi0H.png

Thanked by 1michaelphan

Comments

• I've also read others having long ticket reply wait times.

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    I've also read others having long ticket reply wait times.

Yeah. It's been almost a week since I sent in a ticket and I've yet to receive a single response. I'm using Delimiter for backups so I'm not in a hurry, but their response times are definitely much worse than average.

• @jakelong said:
    I purchased a Dedicated server from Delimiter during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotion. I also purchased three ipv4 addresses. I receive the server and attempted to setup Proxmox/SolusVM/Virtualizor without any success. I have some experience with Proxmox with OVH/SyS and have successfully used in the past.

I created a ticket on 12/14/2015: http://i.imgur.com/Vk1zbxc.png in which the response was to give them root access. I give the support agent the information and wait a couple of days for the agent to respond. I have yet to receive a response. I understand that this is an unmanged server, but I do not understand the purpose of asking for root access and not replying to the ticket or do anything but waste my time.

After a couple days pass of not getting a response from the support ticket, I create a a thread on lowendtalk on 12/17/2015. I asked for some help/suggestions and a user recommended that I just purchase a /29. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/71234/delimiter-32-ips

I also create a ticket on 12/17/2015 asking delimiter some questions about purchasing additional IPs: http://i.imgur.com/QAWdgn0.png
    On 12/17/2015 I purchase the /29 subnet and receive the payment confirmation email: http://i.imgur.com/XXvrOwq.png

A couple days pass and I have yet to receive the IPs or any sort of information regarding them. On 12/22/2015 I create a ticket asking about the IPs. I was told that the IPs where waiting for justification. I realize that IPv4 addresses are running out, but I did not receive any sort of message or notification saying that I am supposed to send a justification. On 12/23/2015 I send a reply back and get a response saying that my request has been forwarded. I have been waiting for some sort of response and I have yet to receive anything. http://i.imgur.com/SPqXi0H.png

Do what I did I was persistent and make them know I needed the ip's and I sent to Steve as well informing him and I finally got them after being persistent

• I understand. I'll hold off buying from them for a while.

angrysnarl said: since I sent in a ticket and I've yet to receive a single response

angrysnarl said: I'm using Delimiter for backups

angrysnarl said: I'm not in a hurry

angrysnarl said: their response times are definitely much worse than average

angrysnarl said: idgaf

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • Christmas period probably doesn't help this situation. Please PM me your ticket #s and registered email and I'll see what the blockage is.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Christmas period probably doesn't help this situation. Please PM me your ticket #s and registered email and I'll see what the blockage is.

People seem to think that most companies don't take Christmas off.. A bit ridiculous if you ask me..

• jakelong said: I created a ticket on 12/14/2015: http://i.imgur.com/Vk1zbxc.png in which the response was to give them root access. I give the support agent the information and wait a couple of days for the agent to respond. I have yet to receive a response. I understand that this is an unmanged server, but I do not understand the purpose of asking for root access and not replying to the ticket or do anything but waste my time.

Looking at what you have in that screenshot, they should have just left you to resolve your own routing issues. Its not their responsibility to configure your system.

Using /32's is not a recommended configuration, for this type of VPS you should be using a subnet. /32's are only provided as a convenience for customers running shared hosting eg cPanel and need some locally bound IPs.

If you made the justification on 23rd, then its unlikely it would have been approved on 23/24th with the Christmas rush, so next business day will be tomorrow (28th December).

The IP allocations are reviewed and manually approved, the support staff can do nothing other than wait for the allocation and then notify you of it.

• @ATHK said:
    People seem to think that most companies don't take Christmas off.. A bit ridiculous if you ask me..

Wow a whole half month off. Wish I could work for delimiter.(ticket created 12/14/2015)

• jakelong said: Wow a whole half month off. Wish I could work for delimiter.(ticket created 12/14/2015)

You completed the order when you provided the justification on 23rd. Support runs 24x7x365, but administration is strictly business days only.

Get me the details on a PM and I'll find out what has or hasn't happened.

• Looking at what you have in that screenshot, they should have just left you to resolve your own routing issues. Its not their responsibility to configure your system.

I understand this. Why did the support agent then ask for the root details and then not respond to the ticket? He did not help with anything and only wasted the rental time of the server.

"I give the support agent the information and wait a couple of days for the agent to respond. I have yet to receive a response. I understand that this is an unmanged server, but I do not understand the purpose of asking for root access and not replying to the ticket or do anything but waste my time."

Using /32's is not a recommended configuration, for this type of VPS you should be using a subnet. /32's are only provided as a convenience for customers running shared hosting eg cPanel and need some locally bound IPs.

"After a couple days pass of not getting a response from the support ticket, I create a a thread on lowendtalk on 12/17/2015. I asked for some help/suggestions and a user recommended that I just purchase a /29. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/71234/delimiter-32-ips"

If you made the justification on 23rd, then its unlikely it would have been approved on 23/24th with the Christmas rush, so next business day will be tomorrow (28th December).
    The IP allocations are reviewed and manually approved, the support staff can do nothing other than wait for the allocation and then notify you of it.

"On 12/17/2015 I purchase the /29 subnet and receive the payment confirmation email: http://i.imgur.com/XXvrOwq.png

A couple days pass and I have yet to receive the IPs or any sort of information regarding them. On 12/22/2015 I create a ticket asking about the IPs. I was told that the IPs where waiting for justification. I realize that IPv4 addresses are running out, but I did not receive any sort of message or notification saying that I am supposed to send a justification."

• jakelong said: I understand this. Why did the support agent then ask for the root details and then not respond to the ticket? He did not help with anything and only wasted the rental time of the server.

Send me the details I put on the PM and I'll find out what happened.

• They were waiting on /29 from their admin, I've sent them a /29 now which they are assigning to your server.

You'll receive it in about 15 minutes and they'll also reset the start of your service to today.

Thanked by 1jakelong
  • That's great. If I decide to lease from delimiter someday, I know who I'll to bother!

MarkTurner said: They were waiting on /29 from their admin, I've sent them a /29 now which they are assigning to your server.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • i have problem too with their support, im on resource pools service.

after destroy vm, i cant create new vm again.

so i never really receive vm, its 3 days without replies.

http://prntscr.com/9j3wrm

http://prntscr.com/9j3xg1

Ticket #608026

Thanked by 1xavier
  • This is why providers have phone support right?

• @Nic_20TBSSD said:
    This is why providers have phone support right?

IgniteServer best phone support
    https://i.nyr.es/ignite-servers-support-U16WK2OZhY.mp3

• andiklive said: after destroy vm, i cant create new vm again.

According to Delimiter, you couldn't understand the concept of a 'cloud' style service, the whole concept of a router was alien to you and when they explained that you have to setup the router, you wanted to cancel.

andiklive said: Ticket #608026

Billing ticket opened: 25/12/2015 09:15:20

No-one is going to be there answering billing tickets on Christmas Day

But I'll answer it for you, you bought a $6/month service, you don't have the technical skills to use it, thats not Delimiter's problem. You read and accepted their ToS when you applied for the service so you are already aware that they won't be refunding you.

Your lack of technical expertise is not a product defect, you should cancel the service and get yourself a regular VPS.

• @MarkTurner said:

thanks for replying, i already set it according on your wiki by setting up firewall and port forwarding. and i do it just fine, there not problem how to setting up network. until i want reinstall os and never come up after few hours.

that i decide maybe i can destroy it and recreate it the vm and hope it will fixed the idle issues. maybe the problem is on your panel side that cant recreate vm on the fly. i dont know, cause i never used delimiter service before.

i know its my fault, most dedi provider dont care about their client problem cause their responbility is their hardware. we should manage it by ourself.

• andiklive said: that i decide maybe i can destroy it and recreate it the vm and hope it will fixed the idle issues.

You have not destroyed the data disk so all of your disk space is currently allocated with the old disk. Create it with a zero sized data disk and then reattach the old disk.

Thanked by 1andiklive
  • I must have missed something but im using delimiters ha storage platform for owncloud and it works, I've had no downtime at all (in month or so) support tickets are answered quickly and they have even connected to my vm to work out issues with software (above and beyond for an unmanaged service)

The times they didn't reply quickly and I gave them a gentle nudge they replied quickly and said they where waiting on something else

I'm also using obj storage, (another delimiter service)which works well with owncloud

What's really beginning to get my goat about people slating delimiter (and other providers,but I've seen two posts about delimiter today) is

a) It's usually the person slating delimiters fault through, inabillity to work the system (ask for help they will either help or tell ya to go away)

b) my experience has been the complete opposite of what people are saying

Chip

• I had two dedicated boxes with them (for prices cheap as dirt <30$ p/m). The technical support has only been required 2-3 times and was fast & accurate. The sales team also proved to be responsive. Overall way better than what I had expected for that amount of money.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2015

Their website died in the process

@IgniteServers

I just found their phone # (took me long enough): +1(844) 472-9258... it still works :P

• Been with them for around two years now and never had any major problems. Support has always been very quick and responsive. I can't beat the connection and price for what I receive. If you know what you're doing, it's a perfect service. But don't expect hand holding.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Used it in the past. Haven't had approval from our investors to move our services to Delimiter. :(

However, support was bit sluggish at the beginning but later it became much responsive. (1-2 mins/ticket)

Network is perfect for our location (Sri Lanka)

Hardware can hold for long and those were new (Probably out of the box).

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Three Dedicated with another pending. No problems with the network. Support is fairly fast. Never interacted with sales. Ill recommend them. Setup can be longer then some others but don't have as many network problems from bad neighbors getting ddosed and the switches being saturated.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Two dedicated servers with online.net. No problems with network. I don't care about support atm. I wonder if I'll get a thanks for this from Mark, since all I guys are commenting. I'll just slip this review here as if it were of delimiter. I know people skim comments, so it should slip by. I'm just amazed at people sharing reviews like women their experience with commonly used tampon brands. No problems with network. Setup is very quick and automated. No need to worry about ddos. Never interacted with sales. Network is almost perfect for our location (UK).

Thanked by 2MarkTurner lazyt
  • GM2015 said: I wonder if I'll get a thanks for this from Mark, since all I guys are commenting

There you go then :)

Two dedicated servers with online.net. No problems with network. I don't care about support atm.

Online is ok, but from personal experience OVH works better for me. I had a couple of personal servers at Online a few months back but one got locked for no reason. I asked them for some explanation but allegedly my server was flooding. The network interface showed 20MB (not Mbps) since the last reboot so very unlikely.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Sounds like some you had the same issue as a few guys here reported in some recent thread.

I wonder in what DC your and their servers are/were in. Mine kidechire and 4815(running windows) are in DC3. The 4815 is rather active with outbound connection, but I haven't received any fake/wrong alerts from online fortunately.

MarkTurner said: Online is ok, but from personal experience OVH works better for me. I had a couple of personal servers at Online a few months back but one got locked for no reason. I asked them for some explanation but allegedly my server was flooding. The network interface showed 20MB (not Mbps) since the last reboot so very unlikely.

• GM2015 said: I wonder in what DC your and their servers are/were in. Mine kidechire and 4815(running windows) are in DC3.

Server location    Datacenter: DC3, Room: 4,