Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBill > WHMCS Script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBill > WHMCS Script

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in General

Hi,

Does anybody have the beta HostBill > WHMCS script? I'm waiting for it to come back from WHMCS but they're taking a century to reply at the moment and I need it ASAP.

Regards,
Dominic

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Jack said: Any more questions?

You should just keep one thread for each question.

I should but they are completely unrelated :P

Chris @ WHMCS did just ask for my ticket ID but seems to be taking forever to reply, haha. We'll see.

Regards,
    Dominic

• Not having a fun time with hostbill?

edited January 2013

@ShardHost said: Not having a fun time with hostbill?

No - I'm so used to WHMCS and I just can't get on with the HostBill admin area.

@Zen said: Pretty sure this kid has switched back and fourth around 3 times now.

this kid ay? 2 or 3? Yes. WHMCS is staying now. Thanks.

• @Zen said: Pretty sure this kid has switched back and fourth around 3 times now.

I only ask as we are running it at the moment on a trial basis for a new brand and it's not been a fun time!

Seems like its full of bugs even on a default install. Support has so far linked to wiki entries that have all been tried already.

@ShardHost said: I only ask as we are running it at the moment on a trial basis for a new brand and it's not been a fun time!

Yeah, I saw that. I don't know if it's just because I'm familiar with WHMCS or not. I use WHMCS on a daily basis, on more than one different site so that's why I can't get on with it I think.

@ShardHost said: Seems like its full of bugs even on a default install. Support has so far linked to wiki entries that have all been tried already.

I was told support charge for tickets, maybe not.

Regards,
    Dominic

• We are still within our 30 days. If I was charged for a link to a wiki article I'd be less than calm

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I get it, it's a tough choice. Each one fits a mood for me too. Some days I like one better than the other.

Do what we did, manually move the data. You'll probably spend less time doing it than worrying about an import script and then fixing any strange issues from the import.

@ShardHost said: We are still within our 30 days. If I was charged for a link to a wiki article I'd be less than calm

Ah right, I see. I am not sure how their charging works as I didn't go direct through HostBill.

@jarland said: I get it, it's a tough choice. Each one fits a mood for me too. Some days I like one better than the other.

Do what we did, manually move the data. You'll probably spend less time doing it than worrying about an import script and then fixing any strange issues from the import.

I could do that I suppose, I really can't be arsed but it may cause less of a headache. Sometimes import scripts work relatively well, though :P

• Abusing trials / money back policies again?

• We haven't experienced a bug in a while until yesterday when we updated to 4.2.0 seems they have removed the feature where it notified staff about a new ticket.

So well, I have had to code my own notification system.

@apollo15 said: Abusing trials / money back policies again?

?

• jhjh Member

AFAIK he's renting from his hosting provider

• This should be the correct place to ask, don't you think so?

@Zen said: He's trying to ask whether or not you are attempting to dodge fees again.

No, I'm not attempting to dodge fees. If I can get it cheaper from my hosting provider, then I don't see any reason why not to.

@NHRoel said: This should be the correct place to ask, don't you think so?

It's quicker here, so was just wondering if anybody had it for a quicker resolution.

Regards,
    Dominic

• Just a heads up why not setup a dev/test enviroment. We set one up so our dev had a place to test code, etc..

Would save a heap of time for you.

@Jacob said: Just a heads up why not setup a dev/test enviroment. We set one up so our dev had a place to test code, etc..

Who you talking to? Me or ShardHost?

• You.

@Jacob said: You.

It might be an idea actually, should have bought my license direct from WHMCS as I believe they did dev licenses at one point.

Regards,
    Dominic

• Sigs are best left not applied if you can't be consistent about it ;)

@Wintereise said: Sigs are best left not applied if you can't be consistent about it ;)

Sorry?

• @Wintereise said: Sigs are best left not applied if you can't be consistent about it ;)

+1

@dominicl said: It's quicker here, so was just wondering if anybody had it for a quicker resolution.

You are not getting any, are you?

@NHRoel said: You are not getting any, are you?

Nope :)

• You're getting owned here Dom. Admit defeat.

@AstoundingHost said: You're getting owned here Dom. Admit defeat.

-.-