Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do i set up VMs on cloudsouth Dedi server IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how do i set up VMs on cloudsouth Dedi server IPs

Hi friends,
i bought a dedicated server from cloudsouth, i want to use it for VPS purchase (windows vps)
i was given 16 IPs and 16 GB RAM,
so i want to configure VMs to it so that each IPs will be running on its own with different password.

Please who can help me out here

Thanks

Comments

• Why do people order a server without any knowledge?

• www.proxmox.com

• @Sven said:
    Why do people order a server without any knowledge?

Why do people buy cars without a driver's license? I have absolutely no idea :(

• www.virtualizor.com

• Here is some advice if you don't know how to manage a server please don't even try to start a hosting company to sell vps you will fail very quickly and we will see another bad review.
    just for your sake don't even bother please.

• You can do it in like 10 mins with proxmox, they have amazing instructions and it's free. Is it a routed /28 to your server?

Don't bother with anything like SolusVM or Virtualizor unless you are selling VPS's

• ChairHostingChairHosting Member
    edited December 2015

Hello,

I highly recommend looking up some guides. And Next thing, To sell Windows VPS' you will need to have a windows server DC Edition which will cost you at least an extra $100-200/Mo Per Server. It is not worth it to run windows VPS on such a small server for any purposes (just counting the license fees will cost you ~~13/G RAM assuming you have a minimum of 1 GB Free.). Lastly, are you trying to sell VMs or Is it for personal Use? (I dont recommend selling VMs if you have no knowledge on server management.)

• classyclassy Member
    edited December 2015

0xdragon said: Why do people buy cars without a driver's license? I have absolutely no idea :(

In most developed countries that isn't even possible / legal

• @classy said:

Wtf? Depends where you go. I'm 16 and have bought multiple cars. Usually MOT failures that have a ~6 month left in them. Buy them use them up in scotland on private land good fun :)

• Proxmox has some good wikis, check those out for starters.

• I would suggest installing Citrix XenServer

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Wtf? Depends where you go. I'm 16 and have bought multiple cars. Usually MOT failures that have a ~6 month left in them. Buy them use them up in scotland on private land good fun :)

Unfair, that's "scrap"! :-D

• cloudsouth is so laggy, I'm using this server for personal purpose only, not for sell any VPS, I'm not sure what is the problem, but what I feel is like using core-i 3 server.