Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling a server at Dacentec -$250
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling a server at Dacentec -$250

guerrillaguerrilla Member
edited December 2015 in General

I'm selling a server at Dacentec. I've had it co-located there since 2013, from their rent to own service. I can transfer over the server to another dacentec account. I'm currently paying $40 for colocation. PM me with questions or if your interested. Thanks.

IBM x3450
CPU: 2xL5420
RAM:16GB
HD: 2x1TB

Comments

• Can you clarify for anyone interested if the processor is a x3450 or a E5462?

Thanked by 1guerrilla
  • Those RTOs are basically worthless with a combination of old hardware, wear and tear, energy inefficiencies etc...why do you think RTO was offered so cheaply? it's mostly a sales gimmick

• @Riz - yeah sorry about that, copied and pasted the wrong processor info. The 2 CPU's are Intel Xeon L5420 @ 2.50GHz.

• @guerrilla said:
    Riz - yeah sorry about that, copied and pasted the wrong processor info. The 2 CPU's are Intel Xeon L5420 @ 2.50GHz.

Thing is the hardware is only worth it if it's cheap enough... I see a lot of people selling these for $100 plus the deracking fee and that's at best.

• You can pick then up for ~100 on eBay no deracking fee necessary

• dacentec probably paid less than $200 for it when they bought it before RTO-ing it out to you

Your best option is basically to gut it for parts

• The gear is worth nothing. You can rent that box cheaper without the headaches involved in owning gear. I think I paid $70 for a similar config, gotta find yourself a sucker to get anywhere near $200

• MrObviousMrObvious Member
    edited December 2015

I'll be that guy.

$7

@netomx

Thanked by 1netomx
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

@netomx

MrObvious said: I'll be that guy.$7@netomix

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I fixed it..apparently typed netomix at some point and my phone thought I should do it again.

I failed senpai

Thanked by 2GM2015 netomx
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

yeah, i admit he's got a terrible username.

regards

captain obvious

MrObvious said: I fixed it..apparently typed netomix at some point and my phone thought I should do it again.I failed senpai

• GM2015 said:

But not as terrible as mine! But when you're used to use that nickname....

• Yeah, shit happens. I thought I'll get this account banned(GM2015), reregister as GM2016(sneaky) or as NotFrecyboy2.

Frecyboy said: But not as terrible as mine! But when you're used to use that nickname....

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited December 2015

$10 including shipping+customs to Spain.

EDIT: I'll go all-in. I ALSO include a wildcard cert.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@guerrilla does this server have hardware RAID like some of their HP SE1101s do?

• I'd probably take it if price is lower

• I had my Supermicro 2xL5420 shipped back and I sold mine on CL for $125 to some nice Nigerians in the parking lot of a Gander Mountain

• I too think this is a bit overpriced.. Just managed to get a pair of L5639's for ~40 more shipped in the USA.

My suggestion, would be lower it to $100-125 or so, and you might get some bites.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    I too think this is a bit overpriced.. Just managed to get a pair of L5639's for ~40 more shipped in the USA.

My suggestion, would be lower it to $100-125 or so, and you might get some bites.

Where the fuck you buying them from? Seriously stop doing deals in car parks.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom - Well, there was this fedex truck, I decided to go running after it.. decided I couldn't catch up with it.. so.. went to McDonalds and picked myself up a SuperMicro Server with Fries.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @AutoSnipe said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom - Well, there was this fedex truck, I decided to go running after it.. decided I couldn't catch up with it.. so.. went to McDonalds and picked myself up a SuperMicro Server with Fries.

You better have got 2 coffee stickers for that

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • this is not worth $250 not even half that.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited December 2015

If the drives were SSD I could be interested

• My dacentec server has CPU: 2xL5420 RAM:16GB HD: 2x1TB and only costs $30/mo...so pay $250 up front then $10/mo more? Unless it has hardware raid or something, this offer seems ice cold...

• @Ree said:
    My dacentec server has CPU: 2xL5420 RAM:16GB HD: 2x1TB and only costs $30/mo...so pay $250 up front then $10/mo more? Unless it has hardware raid or something, this offer seems ice cold...

Once the 12 months RTO period pass you have the option to continue renting the server at the price you already pay or move it to 1U colo at $40/m

• @guerrilla if you really want to sell it and would accept an amount lower than $250 (somewhere around $100) feel free to PM me as i'm interested

• @KuJoe said:
    guerrilla does this server have hardware RAID like some of their HP SE1101s do?

no it doesn't

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Wouldn't buying this server be a liability?

Its value is decreasing and has a higher colo cost than renting another one without rto.

Buying this wouldn't make sense even at $100 unless you can this sell off in a month for $300 at least or reuse semi-expensive parts from it.

• Are you the guerrilla from wickedfire?

guerrilla said: no it doesn't

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@GM2015 said:

regards

captain obvious

My username is easy to remember... my name is Ernesto, and Neto is a nickname from it. MX ... well, I,think,because I am from Colombia.... hahaha

Thanked by 1GM2015