Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH down?

Does anone have trouble accessing the main website and the manager of OVH?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Well, works for me.

• Thank you. I get a connection reset since half an hour.

• Working properly, it would be advisable that you send a support ticket or by e-mail

• Its working for me are you on the US or EU?

• Works great

• Paid my bill about an hour ago

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited December 2015

@takerbox said:
    Working properly, it would be advisable that you send a support ticket or by e-mail

I couldn't access the manager, so I didn't open a ticket. Anyway, 10 or 20 minutes later, as soon as I could access the main website (and the manager) again, I did a traceroute and an mtr and noticed a 10% packet loss, so I contacted the support. I suppose it was some kind of problem between my provider (telecom italia) and OVH, but I'm not sure.

• Always run an MTR in your direction. MTR or traceroute into OVH only tells one side of the story.

mtr -r -c50 SOURCE_IP from your OVH server back to your home IP is quite helpful in situations such as these to identify the source of possible peering congestion or network outage.

tl;dr: always MTR in both directions when having a network issue, can quickly help identify where the issue is in the path

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited December 2015

Support has confirmed that it was an internal problem (OVH network), and it will be solved by tomorrow.