Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning to all who use RaxWeb - Owner of RaxWeb encourages DOS/DDOS attacks, spamming
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Warning to all who use RaxWeb - Owner of RaxWeb encourages DOS/DDOS attacks, spamming

curtisgcurtisg Banned
edited January 2013 in Reviews

"Surreal" (also known here as NickO) owns RaxWeb.

He's been spamming my site, overloading the database and someone bypassing filters(yet no one else can) and also launched, threatens to launch a DDOS.

@NickO "RaxWeb" should not be trusted under any cases.

As you can see him(and maybe others) are spamming, crashing the database, encourages/launches ddos attacks.

Comments

• You don't even encrypt your passwords, what...

I believe you deserve this.

• Spam happens, get used to it.

Get a captcha system up and running, and encrypt those damn passwords.

• @gubbyte said: You don't even encrypt your passwords, what...

I pointed this out to him repeatedly, too.

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited January 2013

That is not passwords... That is requests.

REQUEST ID - REQUEST NAME - REQUEST SUBJECT - TOWHO

• DamianDamian Member
    edited January 2013

you have a system that can request things to itself? 4y?

• @Damian said: you have a system that can request things to itself? 4y?

Oh my godness. I'm really not in the mood to explain my system to you... How does that have ANYTHING to do with this topic anyways?

• captchas do wonders

• @BronzeByte said: captchas do wonders

adding that atm.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Before moving back to WHMCS, I had a HostBill package from @NickO (RaxWeb). He's been nothing but pleasure to deal with. No problems with the server, support was great when needed. There have been no problems whatsoever.

Regards,
    Dominic

• @curtisg said: How does that have ANYTHING to do with this topic anyways?

If the system wasn't poorly designed, or broken (depending on how you look at it), this would be a non-issue.

• @Damian said: If the system wasn't poorly designed, or broken (depending on how you look at it), this would be a non-issue.

I figured out what he did anyways and I am adding a fix for it now. But even still he does encourage/threat DDOS which no owner should do.

• If you took this as a threat then there's more problems that comes to the human eye.
    Your system had so many vulnerabilities and errors when I was testing it but it seemed like you didn't want to hear anything from it. Again, the fact that you've been 'sponsored' a kimsufi and you're using it for this is another problem that you could have.

• @NickO said: Your system had so many vulnerabilities and errors when I was testing it but it seemed like you didn't want to hear anything from it. Again, the fact that you've been 'sponsored' a kimsufi and you're using it for this is another problem that you could have.

Not kimsufi, its in singlehop. I checked IP.

• @NickO said: Your system had so many vulnerabilities

checked error log, there were no errors. BTW thanks for admitting to everything.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

To be honest, @curtisg, I don't think that RaxWeb or @NickO have done anything at all wrong here.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited January 2013

@domonicl Why was the ddos threat needed then?

• @dominicl so you're saying that ddos threats should be given by every host owner?

• @curtisg I simply thought it was a Kimsufi machine, I guess you didn't screenshot more than just that one line? Such as the part where plenty of people have problems where OVH just give them the boot the first time.

• @curtisg said: @dominicl so you're saying that ddos threats should be given by every host owner?

I don't see an issue with that.

• @24khost, please read my first post I made in this discussion. It wasn't a threat and I do not 'condone' to DDoS

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

A threat to ddos a site is not the proper way to handle things.

The screenshot is only a part of the bigger picture and I suspect that theres more to the story.

@curtisg
    If your site has flaws, accept help on how to fix it.

@NickO
    A ddos is never an accepted way to handle the situation.

• @NickO it does not warren a DDOS threat though. You said you were going to DDOS it, which means you have hacking tools/booters or what ever you want to call it that do that sort of thing, to take it offline.

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited January 2013

@MikHo said: If your site has flaws, accept help on how to fix it.

Yep, has a few flaws. A buddy of mine is reviewing everything is fixing some issues if he finds any.

But everything on the internet has flaws, somethings are easy to break, somethings are hard. Sure there was some issues with mine, you know I learnt from it, I worked around it to solve the problem.

• @curtisg said: You said you were going to DDOS it, which means you have hacking tools/booters or what ever you want to call it that do that sort of thing, to take it offline.

I'm going into space.

Do I now have a spaceship?

• @gubbyte said: I'm going into space.

Do I now have a spaceship?

take stupid unrelated comments to cest pit.

• @curtisg said: take stupid unrelated comments to cest pit.

Perhaps this "stupid" thread should be taken to the cest pit.

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited January 2013

@gubbyte said: Perhaps this "stupid" thread should be taken to the cest pit.

So you encourage ddos also? Good to know.

This is a warning to RaxWeb customers, "future" customers that he does threaten DDOS attacks so I would not recommend him. This is all this thread is.

• @gubbyte leave him alone, your just trying to cause shit!

• @MikHo you obviously haven't read the thread.
    @gubbyte when is it leaving?

• @curtisg said: This is a warning to RaxWeb customers, "future" customers that he does threaten DDOS attacks so I would not recommend him. This is all this thread is.

LET is not a blog.