Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help ubuntu 14.04
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help ubuntu 14.04

korleonekorleone Member
edited December 2015 in Help

So, today my friend give me a vps for free because of reasons >he dont know how to use linux<
then i'm other dumb in linux 404 matrix bug
and i follow this tutorial http://www.krizna.com/ubuntu/install-vnc-server-ubuntu-14-04/
all comands is accepted but in the end when i try conect dont show my desktop only this
what i do wrong ?

Comments

• BochiBochi Member
    edited December 2015

Sure you already installed a desktop environment and fired that up?
    You could try something lightweight like XFCE.

• @Bochi i have no idea what i do lmao, i just copy and paste the whole comands in tutorial. but they are accepted. so you have any idea ?

• @Bochi i have no idea what i do lmao, i just copy and paste the whole comands in tutorial. but they are accepted. so you have any idea ?

• Have him cancel that server before you make any liability for him.

• Oh, I see... :D
    You followed every single step until the end? Then everything necessary should be there already.
    However your Gnome panel doesn't come up...any hints in the error logs?

• @Gm2015 Nope xD
    @Bochi yea it give me a error in step 3 then i jump this because no idea how to do this :x
    it was something important ?

• @korleone said:
    yea it give me a error in step 3 then i jump this because no idea how to do this :x
    it was something important ?

Oh my...
    Maybe you should start with learning those things with some local Linux installation first.
    Step 3 is the one in charge of starting up your Gnome panel, so no wonder nothing works!

• korleonekorleone Member
    edited December 2015

@Bochi damn, so its better delet all and do it again or try do the step 3 again ? or.. maybe find a better tutorial ?

• @korleone said:
    damn, so its better delet all and do it again or try do the step 3 again ? mhmm

Just fix whats going wrong in step 3! :P
    You could start giving us the error log. But I don't see how this is going to help you any further, if someone on here is fixing even this "little" problem...

• Another VPS that soon will be compromised and makes life harder for everyone caring for their own online systems. You should really, really practise a bit with a local (VM) installation. What you are doing is nearly grossly negligent.

Thanked by 1sin
  • Instead of just copying and pasting the commands from a tutorial why don't you research what everything is doing? It would help you out a great deal with troubleshooting and you would learn something new.

• korleonekorleone Member
    edited December 2015

@sin cus i'm so busy making money @Bochi already solved it and i make the vm thanks man

• This is the one I wrote for 15.10 https://www.namhuy.net/3392/install-vnc-server-on-ubuntu-15-10.html hope it help

Thanked by 1korleone