Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how about leaseweb vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how about leaseweb vps?

I bought one, but they require auth by telephone. so not enabled yet. how about this provider? is it reliable? (I am from China)

And QuadraNet's VPS have sold out, I bought twice but both got refunded.

Comments

• Yes, they are reliable.

• do they reject china clients?

• @NameStuff said:
    do they reject china clients?

Anyone is required to validate their phone.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Leaseweb love phone calls for everything. If you are legitimate in your usage, don't worry about this phone call.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2015

Yes, they are reliable. We all had to go through the phone verification. The service itself is indeed good so worth the waiting time.

• thank you. i really did nothing bad stuff, but afraid they reject me.

• NameStuff said: do they reject china clients?

Usually yes.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Leaseweb love phone calls for everything. If you are legitimate in your usage, don't worry about this phone call.

Actually they called me 5-6 times a week to ask me if I'm statisfied with their service, for about a month, until I finally told them that I don't want to be called anymore.

• I have two dedicated servers with LeaseWeb and have never received a single call from them.

• Don't leaseweb require Chinese customers to deposit 1000?

• @tr1cky said:
    Actually they called me 5-6 times a week to ask me if I'm statisfied with their service, for about a month, until I finally told them that I don't want to be called anymore.

Same thing . Told them to make that a rule for US, NL and SG . I thought some were Russians ( they didn't sound like "English Dutch".

They ask a lot of money for China clients or directly reject them.
    I don't think that's bad, after all why should I be able to have an icp license and you don't need any special requirements.. I'm really ignorant about icp license ( must be something that govt made).

• @boernd said:
    I have two dedicated servers with LeaseWeb and have never received a single call from them.

I have one dedi and never received a call either. But I get a mail saying that the price for my server will be raised by 3℅ every year. So leaseweb is not in my recommended list.

• Reliable, but their SG's network ain't so good to 2 main Chinese ISPs.

• I only got the verification call, but did get several emails about some satisfaction surveys or w/e.

• And, OP? Call received?

• @Amitz said:
    And, OP? Call received?

Received. After that I got another email from them which says,

Also, as a security measure to prevent fraud and abuse of the network we
    utilize, and in accordance with Articles 7 and 9 of our General Terms &
    Conditions, an initial deposit of $250 is required to process your
    order.

That sounds terrible. I just request them to refund me.

• NameStuff said: an initial deposit of $250

Ha ha, nice one.

• @singsing said:
    Ha ha, nice one.

yes in Chinese 250 means what, you know.

• Hi guys,

except leaseweb and quadranet, do you have any other reliable providers suggested?

2G KVM/Xen, 2 vCores, fast to Asia, bandwidth and disk has no requirement.

the price should be 10-15 USD. thanks.

• I mean 10-15 usd per month.

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/250_(number)

you Chinese are incredibly smart people, I don't understand why you believe in such useless shit.

NameStuff said: yes in Chinese 250 means what, you know.

• @NameStuff said:

Told you they'll ask for insane amount of money

• @NameStuff said:
    Hi guys,

except leaseweb and quadranet, do you have any other reliable providers suggested?

2G KVM/Xen, 2 vCores, fast to Asia, bandwidth and disk has no requirement.

the price should be 10-15 USD. thanks.

Dediserve ? Hostus ?

• Leaseweb is a great VPS provider - fantastic network, good performance and uptime, clean/minimal control panel with firewall, and support is good too. I pay $28/6 months for a 1GB/1Core/40GB Disk/4TB VPS and only $5.97/month for 2cores/2gb. I'm really hoping they have a 40-50% off deal for XMAS/New Years like they did last year.