Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you use BITCOINS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many of you use BITCOINS?

DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

How many of you use BITCOINS as a payment method?

Comments

• <---

• Getting paid? Yes. Buying random stuff? I prefer Paypal.

• Yes.

• I do.

• I do. Just to buy some illegal stuff

• I do every day

• I just checked Bitcoin price looking at this thread.
    It seems like the price is increasing for the last two months.
    Is there anything special happening in Bitcoin community? or is it a second huge bubble coming?
    I badly see the importance of centrally controlled currency looking at the fluctuating Bitcoin price.

• @Jun said:
    I just checked Bitcoin price looking at this thread.
    It seems like the price is increasing for the last two months.
    Is there anything special happening in Bitcoin community? or is it a second huge bubble coming?
    I badly see the importance of centrally controlled currency looking at the fluctuating Bitcoin price.

The increase had/has something to do with a decision of the EU, I believe that Bitcoins were made VAT free. The day that the decision was made the price rose with like 30%.

• Nope.

• until a good customer from here , from LET i was verry reserved , but now ... definetly i use and i recomend , less fees!

• Always loyal to the BTC game.

• I do. :)

Jun said: I just checked Bitcoin price looking at this thread. It seems like the price is increasing for the last two months. Is there anything special happening in Bitcoin community? or is it a second huge bubble coming? I badly see the importance of centrally controlled currency looking at the fluctuating Bitcoin price.

But the point of Bitcoin is that it is decentralized >.>

It does kinda suck that you can't keep a lot of money in BTC. What if there's a bubble? What if an important country (e.g. US) forbids Bitcoin? What if someone somehow manages to manipulate or take control of all Bitcoins?

• 4n0nx said: It does kinda suck that you can't keep a lot of money in BTC. What if there's a bubble?

Yes, that is a distinct con of BTC, because non-cryptocurrency financial markets never experience bubbles.

4n0nx said: What if an important country (e.g. US) forbids Bitcoin?

Will not happen.

4n0nx said: What if someone somehow manages to manipulate or take control of all Bitcoins?

Will not happen.

• I use dogecoin

• Prefer getting paid in, and paying for services in BTC.

• I don't, but I want to. Unsure where to start.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • @yoda I use an app called circle, it's pretty easy to use.

Thanked by 2netomx geekalot
  • Nope i have BTC but just for my nerd name sake not for any real use

• nordenorde Member
    edited December 2015

Everyone should use Bitcoins. Easiest way to transfer money especially to here in Kosovo.

• @norde said:
    Everyone should use Bitcoins. Easiest way to transfer money especially to here in Kosovo.

So where should we start?

• Years ago I decided to give it a go and got some BTC.
    Later as their value rose to in incredibly heights, I wanted to open my wallet from a backup and found it corrupted. Could never get its contents restored, of what would have had a countervalue of a few hundred $ at this time. Since then I never wanted to go back in the game! :P

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I use it, sadly only a small ammount accepting bitcoins.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @black said:
    yoda I use an app called circle, it's pretty easy to use.

Will take a look; thanks!

• Use it sometimes ago....missed the time when I can get BTC 0.01 for free from some website....

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @elgs Get a wallet - I recommend Blockchain - and if you want to accept Bitcoin on your site use Bitpay or just ask clients to transfer it to you wallet. If you want to buy or sell bitcoins use Localbitcoins.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • +1.

we used it from mid 2014 & happy to continue :)

• I am not but invested many dollars in it.

• DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

@scotwhite said:
    I am not but invested many dollars in it.

Where did you invest when your not using?

• norde said: Everyone should use Bitcoins. Easiest way to transfer money especially to here in Kosovo.

Considering there is a sizeable muslim population in Kosova/Albania it should also be possible to use the informal hawala system (basically Western Union between usually muslim brokers, often related, with rather low fees - as islam forbids to take interest) but that likely makes you end up on some lists (as that system is, naturally due to user base, origin and anonymity, used majorly for terrorism/drug/weapon financing).

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

It seems impossible for me to make any substantial sort of money from setting my computer to process whole day that I dont use it