Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Apps Grandfathered
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Apps Grandfathered

Does anyone have a grandfathered google apps account? I'm looking to buy one.

Comments

• I wouldn't if you're looking at high usage, the account will be removed.

• @ATHK said:
    I wouldn't if you're looking at high usage, the account will be removed.

Like what would you call high usage?

• @CuzIAmHappy said:
    Like what would you call high usage?

Well personally 10-30 emails a day..

Two of my accounts were closed.

• ATHK said: Well personally 10-30 emails a day..

"High" usage confirmed.

Thanked by 2GM2015 GCat
  • DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited December 2015

ATHK said: I wouldn't if you're looking at high usage, the account will be removed.

Source of info?

I might have just a couple of these domains.

• You need Google Apps user

• 10-30 emails a day? i have a few of my existing clients that bought google apps from me, they used those email for their company, each day easily 100+ inbound email, and 50+ outgoing email for each user, still rocking.

@ATHK, you must be doing something nasty.

Thanked by 2srvrpro netomx
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

That's still very small amounts of email. Sounds crippling!

• I do over 200 inbound, 100+ outgoing, never once been kicked out.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited December 2015

@GCat said:
    I do over 200 inbound, 100+ outgoing, never once been kicked out.

100+ as well, not been kicked out yet.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • I guess it might be depending on age of your account?

• @GCat said:
    I guess it might be depending on age of your account?

And if you bought it off some dude on LET and the "reseller" gets taken off too..

Thanked by 2GCat linuxthefish
  • @ATHK said:
    And if you bought it off some dude on LET and the "reseller" gets taken off too..

No, your usage must be suspicious. No one ever complained about but only you.

• One of the gapps accounts I bought (with admin login and domain transfer code) randomly vanished without any warning after a few months with only 2 users and very few emails going through it!

My old free account which I registered ages ago still seems to work fine, I hope it continues to do so. I'm too cheap to pay $25 a month :(

• @ATHK said:
    Two of my accounts were closed.

Just to clarify: were those accounts you originally created, or purchased from someone else? It does seem sold/transferred accounts are getting terminated, but I haven't heard of that happening to non-transferred ones.

• @Dylan said:
    Just to clarify: were those accounts you originally created, or purchased from someone else? It does seem sold/transferred accounts are getting terminated, but I haven't heard of that happening to non-transferred ones.

Transferred, my originally created one is fine sending over 1000 emails a week...

• DylanDylan Member
    edited December 2015

@ATHK said:
    Transferred, my originally created one is fine sending over 1000 emails a week...

Okay, phew. You had me worried for a moment there! I use my original account a good deal too.

• @Dylan said:
    Okay, phew. You had me worried for a moment there! I use my original account a good deal too.

Yea agreed, I purchased a transferred one on the premise that it had more users, I had a 50 limit, 20 users (this is one one of the two) it was terminated due to the reseller violating the TOS, all accounts under the reseller were also terminated..

The second account had 2 users, both being used by myself, it was terminated for the TOS and the email also mentioned high usage.. The passwords were 16 characters long, however it may have been compromised I don't know the logins looked normal all from my country ..

@TheKiller one was from yourself and another from another LET seller, say what you will about "suspicious".. I know I was doing the right thing, so you can assume all you like and shove it up your arse for all I care.

• @ATHK said:

You have that issue with both of the accounts, you need understand that it happened with you two times, only you know what went wrong that caused this suspension.

• TheKiller said: You have that issue with both of the accounts, you need understand that it happened with you two times, only you know what went wrong that caused this suspension.

Quite a few other people who've purchased grandfathered accounts have had theirs terminated as well. The logical conclusion is that Google is going after transferred accounts, which would make sense since their TOS prohibits account sales.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited December 2015

@Dylan said:
    Quite a few other people who've purchased grandfathered accounts have had theirs terminated as well. The logical conclusion is that Google is going after transferred accounts, which would make sense since their TOS prohibits account sales.

Don't pay attention to @TheKiller, he sells the damn things. he's not going to let anyone make statements such as mine because you know he won't get any money ;)

Thanked by 2Dylan alexvolk
  • I have one and it's fairly worthless now since you can't add new root domains, you can only add aliases for existing domains.

• @ATHK I think that Google check if domains were dropped and registered again. That's probably the way how they find such accounts.

I've old Google Apps with about 100k mails weekly (internal mostly). No problems so far.

• If you are a fair user, and do not send out spam, you should be fine.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @CuzIAmHappy said:
    Does anyone have a grandfathered google apps account? I'm looking to buy one.

I have a few grand fathered accounts for sale......let me know your requirement

• Just a reminder to be wary of dealing with new members with no reputation.

Thanked by 2TheKiller GM2015
  • bringing back an old thread, but does anyone have a 50 user G App for sale?
    thanks again

• @roylee said:
    bringing back an old thread, but does anyone have a 50 user G App for sale?
    thanks again

See PM.

• I actually send out more than 50 emails per day, not banned.

• i thought it was only mine so google ban randomly i guess.