Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

350GB Storage, OpenVZ in LA. 64MB RAM, 800GB Data, 100mbit shared, $21 USD Quarterly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

350GB Storage, OpenVZ in LA. 64MB RAM, 800GB Data, 100mbit shared, $21 USD Quarterly

OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in Offers

I've seen lots of talk of these kinds of storage VPS but nobody has really offered anything (yet). I thought I'd jump in early with what I think is an attractive offer. If you don't think it's attractive please tell me why so I can try and improve the offering. I am being open about the network connectivity because this seems to be something important for everyone!

Storage VPS
LA Based OpenVZ Storage VPS
350GB Disk Space, Option for another 350GB for $19.50 a quarter
100mbit line shared with a maximum of 7 users total on the same plan
800GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4 IP only
Xeon E3 1230. 64MB RAM/128MB Burst
No RAID or other storage redundancy; this product is designed for storage only and no other services. You can run (S)FTP/RSYNC/HTTP on here but please don't use it for other non-storage related services

PayPal only. Can be paid quarterly or Semi-annually. Order here:
$21 USD Quarterly
$21 AUD Quarterly
€18 Euro Quarterly

This has only been posted here on LET so far. Depending on sign ups (and feedback) I will post it on Twitter and the Ransom IT website where it'll get exposure; so if you want this sign up quick.

Note: The server is at GorillaServers. I've had it for over 6 months now and had an excellent run with it. No downtime or other issues have come up.

Comments

• @Oliver said: If you don't think it's attractive please tell me why so I can try and improve the offering.
    @Oliver said: No RAID or other storage redundancy

This is a huge turn-off.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited January 2013

@Freek said: This is a huge turn-off.

Even at 2 cents/gigabyte?

I'm on this offer, with different resources, and love it.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Thanks. The price vs. redundancy thing has come up elsewhere and although I know for some it is a turn off you have to consider that it's designed for people who want it as another backup location - not a primary one. I could offer the same thing with RAID and halve the storage but then it's a different kind of product entirely IMO.

I read through the threads discussing this before and I know there are people interested in this kind of thing. Let's see how we go. :)

• @Damian said: Even at 2 cents/gigabyte?

Just giving my opinion for possible improvements of his service, just like he asked for :)

• I just signed up for it, I'm really happy so far. I actually prefer having no RAID, it makes the price way cheaper and this is a secondary backup point anyhow.

I contacted Oliver about the possibility of enabling NFS kernel support on my container, and he had it up and running in no time! Really satisfied so far.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited January 2013

May this be a beginning of good things to come this 2013. Congrats Oliver

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Pay quarterly and use "lowendstorage" as the promo code if you still want this. I am offering it publicly now so am increasing the price slightly.

Cheers