Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current hubic equivalents?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Current hubic equivalents?

Hi,

I'm a little out of touch with online storage at the moment, is there anything similar to hubic or another service that offers at least 1TB in storage with a similar price to hubic?

Thanks

Comments

• Maybe a @time4vps VPS instead?

Thanked by 1krs360
  • You could try Amazon Cloud Drive, it's unlimited storage for $60/y normally, with offers going on for $10/y right now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/drive/landing/everything/buy

• @Nikki said:
    You could try Amazon Cloud Drive, it's unlimited storage for $60/y normally, with offers going on for $10/y right now.

Come on...don't want to switch my account back and forth again!
    Anyone tried?

• Have you tried with a US ip?

Bochi said: Come on...don't want to switch my account back and forth again!

Anyone tried?

• @Bochi said:
    Anyone tried?

I had no problem ordering from EU.

• is it only $10 for the first year then $59.99 if you renew?

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited December 2015

@Chalipa said:
    is it only $10 for the first year then $59.99 if you renew?

Yes, but even that $59.99 is worth it. I've been told people have put 15TB+ on it, and Amazon is the type of company able to sustain it without issues.

Sorry to those not in the US, I knew it wouldn't work for some countries but forgot to mention it.

• @Nikki said:
    Sorry to those not in the US, I knew it wouldn't work for some countries but forgot to mention it.

Do you know if it has FTP access? I'd like to use it for cpanel backups.

• @Chalipa said:

It doesn't, only their apps and an api that requires OAuth on a browser. That being said, there are ways around it (they state no commercial usage, and possibly could see it as commercial) by using a node or php api. I wrote one in Node I could share that exposes it as an http endpoint to POST a file to, encrypt, and upload.

• @Nikki said:
    It doesn't, only their apps and an api that requires OAuth on a browser. That being said, there are ways around it (they state no commercial usage, and possibly could see it as commercial) by using a node or php api. I wrote one in Node I could share that exposes it as an http endpoint to POST a file to, encrypt, and upload.

Would be more thankful if you share :)

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited December 2015

@Bochi said:
    Anyone tried?

Strange, when I try from my home IP using my existing amazon account, I get the same error message.

When trying from a remote server (both in France as in the US) I land on a page where I can start my trial period ... ??

EDIT: I got the trial offer when I went to the URL after being logged in. When I log in after I selected the offer I get the error message

Also tried from a US server, did not work either. They probably look at the country code of my credit card ...

Thanked by 1daman
  • trials are different.

that $10 is probs an entirely different product with geoip restrictions. DOn't know if they're using geoip or account addresses.

wlambrechts said: When trying from a remote server (both in France as in the US) I land on a page where I can start my trial period ... ??

• Hello,

It allowed me to place the order for Amazon with my uk ip, however it's currently on processing.. How long has it taken others to get up and running?

FYI I used revolut as a virtual card rather than my uk bank account debit card.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited December 2015

Ah, I was able to order the $5 plan during Black Friday.
    Even though they never stated such a thing, this is what I got later:

We've learned that, due to a technical error, you were able to purchase a Cloud Drive Unlimited subscription that was part of a promotional offer only available to customers in the U.S.

If you had trouble accessing the subscription, it was because of this. Your subscription purchase was not eligible for completion, and has been canceled as a result. We're really sorry about this error, and any inconvenience caused.

To help make it up to you, we've added unlimited Cloud Drive storage to your account for one year at no cost to you. You can review your updated Cloud Drive details from Your Account--just open the "Your Account" menu from the Amazon website, and select "Your Cloud Drive."

PS: The New offer doesn't even let me buy it.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @Nomad said:
    Ah, I was able to order the $5 plan during Black Friday.
    Even though they never stated such a thing, this is what I got later:

PS: The New offer doesn't even let me buy it.

I did buy it too from India. never received any such email.

• @Chalipa said:

you can easily mount it with acd_cli and use a vps for ftp access.

@krs360 said:
    Hello,

It allowed me to place the order for Amazon with my uk ip, however it's currently on processing.. How long has it taken others to get up and running?

FYI I used revolut as a virtual card rather than my uk bank account debit card.

it took 2 minutes to be applied to my account. used prepaid visa.

• @GM2015 said:
    Have you tried with a US ip?

Just did and had no success... :/

@mosan7763 said:
    I had no problem ordering from EU.

>

How did you do that? Any special constellation in your account?
    I remember a problem I had a few months ago with Prime Instant Video - I had to switch my account to Germany (no idea why it was US before) to get access to the streaming service.
    However I am not sure how easily another switch back and forth could be done.

• @Bochi said:
    How did you do that? Any special constellation in your account?

just simply signed up for ACD. got my 90days and bought the 10$ offer.

• @mosan7763 said:
    just simply signed up for ACD. got my 90days and bought the 10$ offer.

So you created a new account from an IP located in the EU and were able to claim the offer?

• @Bochi said:
    So you created a new account from an IP located in the EU and were able to claim the offer?

correct

• BochiBochi Member
    edited December 2015

@mosan7763 said:
    correct

>

Got it!

It's currently processing, so let's see what happens next.
    Hopefully not the same thing as with @Nomad.

/EDIT/
    They even charged me the 19% VAT on top! :D

• NomadNomad Member
    edited December 2015

@Bochi said:
    They even charged me the 19% VAT on top! :D

My processing took a week. And I had to contact help chat asking why it takes so long. Later on I was informed the reason was the offer was only for US. ( @arpanjot )

How did you change your country to US though? ^^

• @Nikki said:
    You could try Amazon Cloud Drive, it's unlimited storage for $60/y normally, with offers going on for $10/y right now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/drive/landing/everything/buy

When I visit that page I can only signup for the trial and it says afterwards will be billed the usual $60/y

Did the offer expire or just they don't like my country? (in EU)

• @Nomad said:
    How did you change your country to US though? ^^

>

Well, I think that was a setting somewhere in my account - can't find it again right now.
    Back when I got a Prime member, I couldn't see any videos on any of my Fire TV Sticks. So I asked the support what's going on and they told me that my account is an US one (again: no idea why!) and I have to change it to Germany to be able so see my locally available content. Maybe this changed this setting for my whole account...

• mosan7763mosan7763 Member
    edited December 2015

@Nihim said:
    Did the offer expire or just they don't like my country? (in EU)

order the trial and you can buy that 10$ offer afterwards.

• n1kkon1kko Member
    edited December 2015

Not unlimited for me

• How nice.
    They support "Unlimited photos".

Encrypt your photos.
    How nice.
    They no longer recognize photos and "Unlimited" no longer counts.

• Seems as if I somehow got accepted now, currently uploading my first files for a quick test!
    Going to wait a few days until including this in my backup infrastructure, in case they back down. :P

• @GM2015 said:
    How nice.
    They support "Unlimited photos".

Encrypt your photos.
    How nice.
    They no longer recognize photos and "Unlimited" no longer counts.

Is that surprising to you? What did you expect?