Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Trekkies on here? The Star Trek Beyond - Trailer is out!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Trekkies on here? The Star Trek Beyond - Trailer is out!

The Trailer for The Star Trek - Beyond is out and will be in theaters July 22nd.

It looks pretty cool and once again it looks like they destroy another enterprise.

Thanked by 3miTgiB LES vRozenSch00n

Comments

• I think there is some other, much better space related film due out in a few days... ? I will be attempting to avoid all non-essential Internet access until I get to see it!

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • they need to stop with these star trek movies (esp since they are trying to go the star wars way) They need to bring a new star trek tv show.

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller raza19
  • So exciting! Look forward to 3 months after when the rental window opens

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@mitgib Cough torrent

Thanked by 2netomx Droidzone
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Stevie said: They need to bring a new star trek tv show.

They are: http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • @Stevie said:
    they need to stop with these star trek movies (esp since they are trying to go the star wars way) They need to bring a new star trek tv show.

Looks like they are: New Star Trek Series Premiers January 2017

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • Fuck this captain America Civil war trailer is out

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • PieNotEvenEaten said: @mitgib Cough torrent

I only said I look forward to the rental window, I never said I was going to rent it.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

For some reason, my hopes are not very high for either Star movie :/

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited December 2015

I am a hardcore Trekker who owns every season series on DVD, plus conmics, novels, etc.

This explains why I despise the JJ Abrams Trek movies. They're Star Wars. Trek was always science fiction, which is different.

I am keeping an open mind on the new series. That's really where Trek belongs.

• I won't watch the trailer because I don't want to ruin my experience of the movie. I won't watch the movie because I don't want to ruin my experience of the novelization. I probably won't read the novel either.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

raindog308 said: They're Star Wars

Pretty much. The way I see it, Star Wars is about action, Star Trek is about talking about the action. It sounds boring when you put it that way, but you know it built up the characters way better.

That said, I'm still going to watch it, but I wish they continued making movies like they did with the Next Generation crew... those were good movies.

Insert lens flare.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • Start Trek is a bout discovering new things, learning and character building to be a good citizen of the universe, while Star Wars is more about whining and winning.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • i only ever liked Enterprise. was no fan of the others

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited December 2015

@miTgiB said:
    I never said I was going to-r-rent it.

There, fixed it for you.

• BOO! Doctor Who is better :P. Need a Who movie :).

Trailer does look nice though.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

vRozenSch00n said: Star Wars is more about whining and winning.

And tax treaty disputes. That was the gripping plot underlying the Phantom Menace.

Honestly, while I have nothing against Star Wars, I only liked #4 (A New Hope), and #5 (the Empire Strikes Back). Return of the Jedi was garbage (same plot as #4 + stuffed animals) and #1-#3 were virtually unwatchable because of the writing.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @cjd said:
    I think there is some other, much better space related film due out in a few days... ? I will be attempting to avoid all non-essential Internet access until I get to see it!

As soon as the premiere was done I went on a social media blackout and will stay away from all social media until I've seen it on Friday evening.

• @Stevie said:
    they need to stop with these star trek movies (esp since they are trying to go the star wars way) They need to bring a new star trek tv show.

I couldn't agree more, I opened the thread to say the same thing. Movies as good as they may be don't compare to the shows! I miss the shows so much..

• raindog308 said: #4 (A New Hope), and #5 (the Empire Strikes Back)

Yep, they are the original ideas.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

I saw this and immediately pulled out "Into Darkness" to watch it. Wifie and I's first date was to Star Trek (2009) . I'm not a fan, per se, but have coincidentally had significant life events where Star Trek movies and TV shows were related in some weird way. LOL

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited December 2015

I am both excited and nervous for it because I am hoping they don't destroy it. In the new tv series.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2015

I did not like the old series much, i liked the Star Trek: Enterprise new series (2001 or so?) though.

The 2 recent movies were excellent IMO.

Series wise i like Stargate & Stargate Atlantis more, Universe was pretty bad tho.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2015

William said: I did not like the old series much, i liked the Star Trek: Enterprise new series (2001 or so?) though.

Really? My feelings are the complete opposite, I always thought casting Scott Bacula in an Star Trek show was the wrong thing to do, never really cared for him in it (and I really enjoyed Quantum Leap, maybe that is why, my expectations were too high?). Also, it was a lot different than the old shows. I always loved TNG, DS9 was Okay and the First half of Voyager was pretty good, dropped off towards the end some. I guess it just has to do with when you started watching. Notice I didn't mention original series at all? I was never a big fan of it oddly enough.

The new show looks interesting, lets see which direction they take it, could turn out to be half decent if the scripts are at least half decent.

As per Star Wars, always enjoyed the movies, all of them even the Ewok's one, but wasn't ever really a huge 'fan boy' of Star Wars in general. I know a lot of people who have been into the animated series they have put out, but they were not really ever quite as appealing to me. I will defiantly see the new one when given the opportunity, after all, it is Star Wars :)

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

TheLinuxBug said: Really? My feelings are the complete opposite, I always thought casting Scott Bacula in an Star Trek show was the wrong thing to do, never really cared for him in it (and I really enjoyed Quantum Leap, maybe that is why, my expectations were too high?). Also, it was a lot different than the old shows. I always loved TNG, DS9 was Okay and the First half of Voyager was pretty good, dropped off towards the end some. I guess it just has to do with when you started watching. Notice I didn't mention original series at all? I was never a big fan of it oddly enough.

The new show looks interesting, lets see which direction they take it, could turn out to be half decent if the scripts are at least half decent.

As per Star Wars, always enjoyed the movies, all of them even the Ewok's one, but wasn't ever really a huge 'fan boy' of Star Wars in general. I know a lot of people who have been into the animated series they have put out, but they were not really ever quite as appealing to me. I will defiantly see the new one when given the opportunity, after all, it is Star Wars :)

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

TNG the original and voyager were probably my favorite. I liked enterprise in 2001 however the one thing that kinda annoyed me was the one really long story narrative near the end (zindi). It wasn't a bad story, I liked it. Just got annoyed of the many "to be continued" episodes that went on for about 20 episodes.

• TheLinuxBug said: As per Star Wars, always enjoyed the movies

I have to admit, never seen any fully, just got boring.

• StevieStevie Member
    edited December 2015

Trek Wars Star they should rename the movie to.

I agree with most let'ers, the show is about exploration and creating a better universe (Making allies, testing new ideas etc..). I really hate how they want this to be a star wars movie lol (I love star wars too but come on...)

Also They announced and then canceled every time about a new star trek tv show, I have my doubts for 2017.

• looks alright, but they really lost the real Star Trek feel. Going much more action and less like the older ones, but guess that's what you gotta do nowadays. Star Wars looks better though, always been more of a wars fan than a trekker