Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Sponsors?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Sponsors?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited November 2011 in General

Curious about this as I need a project that will definitely need a VPS Sponsorship, for a group of friends that are trying to fundraise some funds (to do several trips) in exchange of free advertisement (logo on tshirt and on website).

Do you guys know any good company willing to sponsor a vps?

Comments

• Maybe if you explain what you want to use it for, and the specification you'll need...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Sure.

We're a group of friends, all from the same class (Marketing, PR and Advertisement). Spring is coming and parties too. So we're going to sell raffles online and in person. The prize will be Christmas Basket and New Years Basket, and we do this to gather money because we want to go to this event and the costs are high. However, not only we will do this event, as we're looking to help non profit organizations in the future.

It's a little resume though. The sponsor may contribute with a vps or money. If the sponsor goes for a vps, it'll be placed a logo on our sponsorship pages if the sponsor decides to sponsor both vps and cash it'll be placed a logo on our tshirts as well (which we'll take for the spring party)

Specifications:

Xen: 256 mb memory, 10gb hdd, 100gb bandwidth, ;-)
    Quite simple tho. :-P
    It must be in a really good provider though, as this project is probably going to be advertised in newspappers, websites and such. I need not only reliability, but some company who we can trust.

• Dude, shell the money and be done with it. Nowadays a decent VPS costs as much as a hamburger. Eat a couple of hamburgers less this month - it will be good for your health and you can pay for a VPS.

Thanked by 5jh netomx iKocka tux marrco

If you don't want to help, then please do not answer.
    Just don't tell me what we should do with our money or not. We already had other expenses.

Also, a logo on our page and such may be profittable for the company itself.

• Is there a specific reason you need Xen?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

You just need web hosting?? you have to be more clear

@dmmcintyre3

It's just a standard, a preference :-)
    I prefer Xen Hosts tho :-P (due to the stability and such)

@netomx

I was clear. I need a Xen VPS :-)

• @MrGeneral said: I was clear. I need a Xen VPS :-)

He asks you what you wanna do with the server and you reply with "i need xen"?

@gsrdgrdghd

Ahh sure. It's for webhosting :-)

www.dhost.info

100MB webspace
    a hell of a lot of bandwidth
    PHP 5.3 & MySQL 5.1
    FTP access
    mail() enabled
    GD & zlib
    no posting required, simple signup
    short domain: dhost.info/username
    No ads on your pages
    all for FREE!!!

I am not looking for shared hosting, @netomx

Thank you anyway :-)

• The way that you have presented this I'm not sure your going to get any takers, You need to make a business proposal, with reasons why someone would want to just give you stuff.
    I mean right now you didn't even want to tell us what event your raising money for....
    For all we know you could be going to Alaska to club baby seals, while wearing some company logo :-\

Hehee, that information would be told to the sponsor.
    Anyway, I decided to do this other way.

No more replies needed. Thanks.

• enetSouth may sponsor you.

• Hostrail may sponsor you.

• why not freevps.us or are you not willing to go the route others do are you special??

Thanked by 2Infinity dmmcintyre3
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

@Kairus said: enetSouth may sponsor you.

LMAO

UptimeVPS too

Thanked by 1JosephRedfern
  • @daimonb said: why not freevps.us or are you not willing to go the route others do are you special??

Why not just pay? You can get something powerful enough for $3/month...

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

Another thread of this, and another guy complaining because we don't help him... This is a dejavu.

When we see this kind of EXIGENT people in Mexico, we call it: (according to some research, an equivalent) "beggars can't be choosers"...

Get $5 usd and move on (move out).

Thanked by 1drmike
  • ZettaZetta Member
    edited November 2011

256MB Xen for web hosting?
    Would you like free managed support? Maybe throw in a Windows license too?

• @Zetta said: 256MB Xen for web hosting? Would you like free managed support? Maybe throw in a Windows license too?

You forgot to add in a cPanel license. Maybe a couple SSL certificates and a nice SEO package along with it. :P

And can you use fiber optics line, please? 100mbps ports are so 90's.

• 1-2 dedicated CPU cores and a GPU would be nice too

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited November 2011

but i think he asking little bit "nicely" than this :P

all lowendtalk offer is crap.. thankfully i'm not offering any offer here in LET.. whistling

• @gsrdgrdghd said: 1-2 dedicated CPU cores and a GPU would be nice too

You forgot something, a 120GB SSD

• For somebody who should know about this stuff you're just terrible.
    A sponsor deal is just another way of paying, you're paying with a direct service to the company who decides to sponsor you. In the end both parties should win, your story just tells me you expect stuff for free with vague promises.

On a side note: You should really pay for you own hosting, you should be in control of the advertisements you're going to place. If you can't even do that...then well... good luck.

Thanked by 2iKocka LowEndAdmin
  • Just don't tell me what we should do with our money or not.

Sigh Not this shit yet again.

• jhjh Member

@ztec said: In the end both parties should win

Except in reality those who request sponsored services rarely have any advertising value.