Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need to find an abordable VPS, preferably in Canada (Quebec/Ontario), if not, noth America
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need to find an abordable VPS, preferably in Canada (Quebec/Ontario), if not, noth America

Presenting myself and my usage case:

Hi, I am a student in electronics and computing. I want to get myself a VPS so I may do all my test, experimentation, development, learning unix system administration, hosting my website with my CV and my project, maybe doing a vpn/proxy for private usage, maybe hosting a private minecraft server and an irc for me and and few friend (2-10 people). I may also use it as a server for internet of thing project and for application server if I develop some application that require a server, again, for small population. Another usage case is for git/mercurial/svn for my development.

Web development will be made in node.js, ruby on rail, django, meteor.js and all other fun stuff. MAYBE some php, but php start to be boring these year with all new technology.
MySQL, MongoDB, postresql.

Since I won't do everything at the same time, I don't think I will need high resource.

Budget and minimum requirement

Since all what I do will be low traffic, I don't think I will need huge resource. I have a limited budget, so less than 100$ CAD per year, so if your offer is in US, do the conversion to ensure it fit my CAD budget. I want to get under 100$, as far away as possible, I don't want to pay 100$ if i can pay 50$. I want to pay annually to save over monthly.

My need : At least 512 MB ram (absolute minimum, preferably I want to get 1GB and more).
At least 15 GB storage, 100 GB bandwidth, an IPV4 IP. SSD storage would be great. High speed internet, I mean not worst internet than other similar solution (so reasonable time to upload/download a 1 GB file, not 30 min.)

Some additional note

So a VPS with almost no restriction as possible on usage (I am ok with restriction on usage regarding legal stuff of course, I don't want to make illegal activity). As much reliable of course. I won't do TOR or other suspicious thing like that.

Would be great if it could support some interesting OS like freebsd, archlinux, gentoo, slackware instead of just regular debian and ubuntu.

Possibility to scale up if needed.

Comments