Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtual Machines in Eastern Russia, such as Siberia as well as East Asia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtual Machines in Eastern Russia, such as Siberia as well as East Asia?

natalyanatalya Member
edited December 2015 in Requests

Good morning,

I am looking for virtual machines in Russia and Eastern Asia) Does anyone have suggestions?

Preferably one in Siberia, or Japan.

I'm just building a small CakePHP project and for testing of software applications. A virtual machine in these locations would clearly help, for my target audience.

Looking forward to your suggestions, love and gratitude))

Kind regards,
Natalya

Comments

• CasterCaster Member
    edited December 2015

Japan - linode, vultr for reasonable pricing

Russia - Siberia @deployvm ?
    for st.Petersburg I can help you :)

• Two threads about Siberia today, I wonder if it's just coincidence or if there's something new in that region? :)

For Japan I'd suggest Linode, but I think they are low on stock.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • LowEndSpirit (Inception Hosting, to be precise) offers a Japan location.

http://lowendspirit.com/locations.html

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

I can provide virtual machines in Novosibirsk, Siberia. Please check my signature.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited December 2015

All my traceroutes to Eastern Asia hosts (including Japan) always showed that the packets are routed via IXPs in Moscow, St. Petersburg and EU, no matter where the source host is, resulting in a high latency (typically over 250 ms). So I guess you'll end up with the similar latency from Siberia too. (I also carried out a few tests recently while on Sakhalin Isle, which is just a few hundred kilometers away from Japan, with the same outcome.)

I would rather pick up a VPS from a Russian host or any other host in EU. (I second @inthecloudblog, Vstoike is a good one, I have < 130 ms from the Far East with them, and I assume you'll have even better figures from Siberia.)

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

kingpin said: All my traceroutes to Eastern Asia hosts (including Japan) always showed that the packets are routed via IXPs in Moscow, St. Petersburg and EU, no matter where the source host is, resulting in a high latency

This is not quite true. In Rostelecom Novosibirsk (Siberia), Japan KDDI is only 80ms.
    Rostelecom has direct PoPs in Hong Kong and Japan, which produces a latency of only 130-150ms.

This really depends on which ISP you are dealing with in Russia.

kingpin said: Sakhalin Isle

There are quite a few IPs in Sakhalin. They are probably using MTS, Megafon or Transtelecom. Rostelecom in the Far East is extremely expensive.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2015

traceroutes to Eastern Asia hosts (including Japan) always showed that the packets are routed via IXPs in Moscow, St. Petersburg and EU

If you get a VPS provider uses Rostelecom, you can see direct routes without going via Moscow or the EU.

Some hosts in Eastern Russia that come to mind:

Krasnoyarsk: Infobox
    Tomsk: Berihoster
    Novosibirsk: Park-web

have not personally used any of these.

• Well, this was my experience in the few cities of FE. Seems like there's relatively better connectivity in Siberia. Hope FE will see improvements too.

• @deployvm said:
    I can provide virtual machines in Novosibirsk, Siberia. Please check my signature.

hello,friend. I am search for a good VPS in Novosibirsk or Siberia. Unfortunately, your VPS is out of stock. What time you will add it? And can you give me some test IP in Novosibirsk and Siberia? Thanks.