Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

datashack/wholesaleinternet issues?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

datashack/wholesaleinternet issues?

linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
edited December 2015 in Providers

Looks like all their routes are removed and I can't access my servers or their site. Does anyone know what's up?

I wish they hosted their site and mail on another network :(

Thanked by 1gaza1994

Comments

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited December 2015

Yep not just you site is down for me also. I also have a few clients who still have servers with datashack that are online though, not sure what it is at the moment I guess we have to just wait it out.

• Just got kicked off SSH. Second time in what 2 or 3 days?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I think they were having power issues according to their posts on wht.

• So much for being located downtown Kansas with a redundant power source.

• Is this just affecting Oak or both buildings?

• @jbiloh said:
    I think they were having power issues according to their posts on wht.

https://www.facebook.com/DataShack/photos/pb.262797507106316.-2207520000.1449790879./263303183722415/?type=3&theater only generator for colo :(

• So I'm not the only person experiencing issues with them!

• iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
    edited December 2015

Back up. Server didn't go down so must have been router issues.

EDIT: Aaaaand it's gone. Back down.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2015

gaza1994 said: So I'm not the only person experiencing issues with them!

Three days in a row,here. So it's not just you.

• It's probably still power issues, but the power issues will be affecting the upstreams equipment within Kansas, and thus there will be knock on effects.

JoesDC didn't go down during the initial round of power issues, and I would assume that this is the same for Datashack and WSI.

@iwaswrongonce said:
    Back up. Server didn't go down so must have been router issues.

EDIT: Aaaaand it's gone. Back down.

• Got another downtime notification myself a hour ago, not sure what is going on because my server itself has over 1 day of uptime right now

• What servers do you have with them? Are these these atoms or something beefier?

• lol, why do you asking people what their server? do you want to offer your service(s) ?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • tommy said: lol, why do you asking people what their server? do you want to offer your service(s) ?

More morbid curiosity. If a bunch of $5/month Atoms go down, its not very exciting, if its higher end equipment then its more worry some.

• MarkTurner said: What servers do you have with them? Are these these atoms or something beefier?

Just a $10 server with WSI

DataShack I have a few of their AMD FX servers for the graphics support

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Same here, just a $10 Core 2 Duo

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

That is a very small generator. Probably 100kw or less. Hardly enough to power anything more than a tiny computer room. Remember you still have to power the air conditioning when the power is out and that's a lot of overhead.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Mark_R
  • @jbiloh said:
    That is a very small generator. Probably 100kw or less. Hardly enough to power anything more than a tiny computer room. Remember you still have to power the air conditioning when the power is out and that's a lot of overhead.

Air conditioning first. Otherwise the technicans would overheat.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • jbiloh said: That is a very small generator.

Its probably the building generator for the common areas.

• I use one server in datashack
    since the electrical problems that occur there
    The current network is unstable well
    even within a few days of downtime 1 hour

@MarkTurner said:

The description refers to it as the datacenter generator.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2015

jbiloh said: Remember you still have to power the air conditioning when the power is out

December, Kansas City. You would think they could figure out a way to reduce power required for the A/C

MarkTurner said: What servers do you have with them? Are these these atoms or something beefier?

a core2duo and a dual 5420

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Most likely if a triple redundant power facility goes down normally you have a generator a ups and or multiple power facilities.

Some places have massive 1or 3 volt deep cell batteries and many many banks of them for a ups.
    This relies in inside power delivery still. Same for generator and other power sources.

Rack ups can keep them online but what about networking equipment?.

Maybe not be that but server would be online with a rack ups. While networking would go down.

I bet they have an issue not with power sources but with delivery.

• 3-4 hour outage on Tuesday, 9-10 hour outage Wednesday. Doesn't seem like my server went offline today, though.

Still, looking like I won't be renewing my dedicated server with them next month.

• jbiloh said: The description refers to it as the datacenter generator.

The easy way to determine that is - Who's server stayed on during the power outage?