Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any recent review of HVH Managed Ovz VPSs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any recent review of HVH Managed Ovz VPSs?

HVH provide some cheap managed vps (ovz) solution. anyone have any recent review of this vpss? what about uptime, load, overall performance and support?

Comments

• @DhruboHost It's been a long time since I had any services with HVH, but if it's anything compared to how things previously was when Ernie owned && run it then you can't go wrong for sure..

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Jacob said:
    DhruboHost It's been a long time since I had any services with HVH, but if it's anything compared to how things previously was when Ernie owned && run it then you can't go wrong for sure..

good to hear.

• I have one of their managed OpenVZ boxes. However, it is too early to post a review since I just grabbed the box with their Black Friday offers and has not yet put it into production

• The only issue I had was slow disk io. Unfortunately, they don't offer ssd cached or pure ssd vps. Other wise.. They are great..

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@DhruboHost said:
    HVH provide some cheap managed vps (ovz) solution. anyone have any recent review of this vpss? what about uptime, load, overall performance and support?

Why not getting a Dedi ownself & managing it ??

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Why not getting a Dedi ownself & managing it ??

"Managed" is the keyword here. Not everyone has the knowledge, time or interest to fully take care of these machines. So for a few bucks extra, they buy managed boxes.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL, idea is good but i'm not ready yet for getting another new Dedi. ;)

@DhruboHost said:
    Mahfuz_SS_EHL, idea is good but i'm not ready yet for getting another new Dedi. ;)

Only Taking Risk is Business. Let me show you one example, You take managed service from HVH, No Problem. One Day, suddenly, a Node went down & suppose had a severe issue like Raid Broken / something else. You don't even know what's happening, I assume HVH has notified all the customers but yet there will be some customers who won't believe on their words & if this happens again, you'll just move to another Provider. And, if this shit continues to happen in the next provider, you'll be kicking out that also ! You can't sleep sound, I can guarantee you. And, you know managing your own Dedi with Own setup can guarantee you that there's nothing wrong going with server :)

• DhruboHost said: HVH provide some cheap managed vps (ovz) solution. anyone have any recent review of this vpss? what about uptime, load, overall performance and support?

Some extra information:

box has no downtime for around 10 days. both the IPs are blacklisted on SPAMHAUS and there are random load spikes even though there is not any web site hosted on the server.

support staff installed cpanel/whm and softaculous swiftly. mysqli support and some php modules were missing. after opening a ticket, they handled them in under a few minutes too.

about the blacklist and load spikes, i contacted support and they said they would take care of it. they contacted spamhaus for blacklist removal. waiting for the results.

support is fast and friendly. taking care of the servers. only two cons in this transaction for me. blacklisted IPs and random load spikes. if these are fixed, I will keep the server and put on to production.

• @DreamCaster said:

thanks for sharing.

• DhruboHost said: thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. And here is the SB benchmark results for those interested.

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/12/18/cUsQ0YEIZlIbovb1

@DreamCaster said:
    You are welcome. And here is the SB benchmark results for those interested.

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/12/18/cUsQ0YEIZlIbovb1

Just checked it, Why the Network Speed is too weird and bad ?? Isn't that hosted on 1 Gbit/s Line ??

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Just checked it, Why the Network Speed is too weird and bad ?? Isn't that hosted on 1 Gbit/s Line ??

Yes network speed was not satisfying on the test. Not much information on here. http://www.hudsonvalleyhost.com/managedvps.php

May be @Ernie can provide network info.

DreamCaster said: both the IPs are blacklisted on SPAMHAUS

@Ernie installed mailchannels for free to my VPS. Hopefully this will be a solution to the blacklisting issue.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Can't go wrong with HVH and @Ernie! He's always willing to help and work something out so best to chat with him and get set up ASAP :)

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@DreamCaster said:

All of our VPS come with 100Mbps port. They are upgradable to 1Gbps though.

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@agoldenberg said:
    Can't go wrong with HVH and Ernie! He's always willing to help and work something out so best to chat with him and get set up ASAP :)

Thank you!

• I've just checked their page and wondered how it is sustainable to offer a managed VPS with 2GB RAM for $25? Then I remembered I've been around LET and WHT for quite a few years now and never seen anything but praise for @Ernie

Fair play to him, I hope this venture is a success for him.

• Gerrard8 said: I've just checked their page and wondered how it is sustainable to offer a managed VPS with 2GB RAM for $25? Then I remembered I've been around LET and WHT for quite a few years now and never seen anything but praise for @Ernie

During Black Friday, they did 50% recurring off. You could have that box for $12.50/mo.

@Ernie really does good business. Back in the days, I have also used a reseller account from HVH for months without any issues. Hope to keep it up with this VPS.

• DreamCasterDreamCaster Member
    edited December 2015
    System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU Cores       : 4
    Frequency       : 3499.898 MHz
    Memory          : 5120 MB
    Swap            : 0 MB
    Uptime          : 19 days, 11:00,

OS              : This computer system is for authorized users only. Individuals           using this
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab112.15
    Hostname        : westfold.************.xyz

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 198.23.156.***

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        12.1MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          4.30MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       1.99MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       2.53MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       1.31MB/s