Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drop rate of Kimsufi KS-2 with 2TB drive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Drop rate of Kimsufi KS-2 with 2TB drive

mosan7763mosan7763 Member
edited December 2015 in General

as the title suggests i'm interested if you guys ordered a KS-2 recently and if it was delivered with a 2TB drive / what cpu? Any difference between 150sk20 and 150sk21?

I also plan to setup emby (with almost no necessary re-encoding) and mount Amazon Cloud Drive with acd_cli and encfs. If you have experience to share with encfs performance on a kimsufi i'd appreciate it (I know it will be quite slow, but how slow?)

Comments

• watching this thread. interested in ks2 as well

• couldn't wait and ordered a KS-2. only RBX was selectable. got a 2TB drive with d2550.

Thanked by 2arpanjot Nihim
  • US site, BHS dc, KS-3, HUS724020ALA640, i3-3240. Just FYI.

• Almost makes me wish my HDD on my KS-1 would die so I had a chance of getting something better than 500gb.

• stab said: Almost makes me wish my HDD on my KS-1 would die so I had a chance of getting something better than 500gb.

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~cking/stress-ng/

Great stress testing tool for new servers, and with the right flags....

• Accidents happen, you say?

Kris said: Great stress testing tool for new servers, and with the right flags....

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2015

@stab said:
    Almost makes me wish my HDD on my KS-1 would die so I had a chance of getting something better than 500gb.

Backup your data and start stress testing the hard drive constantly :)
    (sooner or later, it'll die, guaranteed)

• \

GM2015 said: Accidents happen, you say?

I wouldn't wanna keep it running for hours at a few with a few of those IO intensive flags is all I'm saying. I have once and came back to a machine with a load of 500.

Took it like a champ though, only 5 minutes for a terminal response and it was with the --random 128 flag, not pummeling the drive on purpose.

• Ordered one last week, can only select Gravelines, and got a N2800 + 2TB HDD.

• Got a N2800 + 2TB HDD the other day.

• I got one with first try ;) N2800 + brand new 2 TB HGST Enterprise class drive !

• Saw this thread and thought I'd take a gamble, picked the GRA one and got N2800+2TB HGST with about 10k hours. Too bad the CPU won't do much good when it comes to virtualization...

• I wonder why they aren't putting some old Pentium Dual Core's or Core 2 Quad's. Probably space and power consumption was an issue there.