Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS

edited December 2015 in Requests

Hey there, I'm looking for a VPS, and here are my requirements:

KVM

20GB storage (HDD / SSD preferred)

512MB RAM (with vSwap would be good, otherwise I'll attach my own swap, I use 1GB of swap usually)

250GB to 500GB bandwidth (must have at least a half decent connection to Singapore)

1 Dedicated IPv4 and at least 10 IPv6 addresses

Have TAP/TUN enabled

Allow private torrents (~200+ running at any point of time, not much leechers anyway)

Anyway, I managed to jam all these in a $5/month DigitalOcean VPS, but am looking for a cheaper alternative.

Company must not be a Online.net, OVH or GVH reseller, must be around for at least 1 year.

Is this possible for $4/month or even $3?

Thanks!

Edit: Formatting.

Comments

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited December 2015

NO

edit, legal torrents?

• Not sure about Torrenting. Check BuyVM

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • Just don't discuss this publicly with yer provider.

theroyalstudent said: Anyway, I managed to jam all these in a $5/month DigitalOcean VPS, but am looking for a cheaper alternative.

• edited December 2015

@sdglhm said:
    Not sure about Torrenting. Check BuyVM

Thanks! Taking a look http://buyvm.net/kvm-vps/, but seems to be more expensive than I thought. It's okay though, I could use them for other nodes I'm gonna host :D

@GM2015 said:
    Just don't discuss this publicly with yer provider.

Wait... DigitalOcean reps are on LET?!

Their nodes aren't low end though. Fast network, 120mbps throughput to my house.

• cough @jarland cough

@theroyalstudent said:
    Wait... DigitalOcean reps are on LET?!

• theroyalstudent said: Wait... DigitalOcean reps are on LET?!

In fact there's one that's a super mod so he probably can see your IP history :)

Hi @Jarland

• Not a rep Jacob, just happens to work there at times. Watching what naughty educational movies you all download.

Jacob said: cough @jarland cough

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

I meant don't tell and ask your provider hey it's okay if I this and if I that publicly.

theroyalstudent said: Wait... DigitalOcean reps are on LET?!

• edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    Not a rep Jacob, just happens to work there at times. Watching what naughty educational movies you all download.

I dare to say that proudly, I've got nothing to hide :D

Edit: My sentence structure sucks. Meant that I don't download movies or music or shows with my server.

@GM2015 said:
    I meant don't tell and ask your provider hey it's okay if I this and if I that publicly.

Well... do I remove it or what haha

• well, everyone needs education.

theroyalstudent said: I dare to say that proudly, I've got nothing to hide :D

Edit: My sentence structure sucks. Meant that I don't download movies or music or shows with my server.

• @GM2015 said:
    well, everyone needs education.

That's why I'm studying :D

• ok, bye

theroyalstudent said: That's why I'm studying :D

• but with DO you don't get vSwap or TUN/TAP enabled.................. :D

• @century1stop said:
    but with DO you don't get vSwap or TUN/TAP enabled.................. :D

Wasn't TUN/TAP enabled? Nyr's OVPN script runs just fine on my server, no error messages mentioning TUN/TAP not being enabled.

vSwap yeah, but they have a guide that allows me to add some swap on my server...

• On a more on-topic note @theroyalstudent, I meet all your listed 'requirements' minus KVM.

Is KVM a requirement or just a preference?

• @Jacob said:
    On a more on-topic note theroyalstudent, I meet all your listed 'requirements' minus KVM.

Is KVM a requirement or just a preference?

Requirement. Are you a registered company? Speedtest / LG link please, too!

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited December 2015

@theroyalstudent said:
    EDIT : Wasn't TUN/TAP enabled?

troll strikes again :D (KVM ~ doesn't need to)

• edited December 2015

@century1stop said:

troll strikes again :D (KVM ~ doesn't need to)

10/10 troll ._. So used to getting trolled, anyway.

EDIT: Can't load your website quickly enough. Kinda slow :/

• Aw, that's a shame.. we are a registered company, company #09779287 more details.

Test IPv4: 94.229.65.150

Looking Glass: http://as42831.net/ (Provided by UK Servers)

We have developed our own platform with hourly billing, all modules enabled, automatic rDNS, detailed performance and bandwidth graphing, automatic backups, and lots more! :)

@theroyalstudent said:
    Requirement. Are you a registered company? Speedtest / LG link please, too!

• EDIT: Can't load your website quickly enough. Kinda slow :/ @theroyalstudent

loads just fine for me, are you trolling the troll?

• sayem314sayem314 Member
    edited December 2015

@century1stop said: but with DO you don't get vSwap or TUN/TAP enabled.................. :D

you're referring to is a restriction that is only relevant to OpenVZ based servers. If you are trolling then u won :)

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • @sayem314 said:
    you're referring to is a restriction that is only relevant to OpenVZ based servers. If you are trolling then u won :)
    ;D

• @Jacob said:
    Aw, that's a shame.. we are a registered company, company #09779287 more details.

Test IPv4: 94.229.65.150

Looking Glass: http://as42831.net/ (Provided by UK Servers)

We have developed our own platform with hourly billing, all modules enabled, automatic rDNS, detailed performance and bandwidth graphing, automatic backups, and lots more! :)

Sounds really interesting, but network isn't as great as expected.

Anyway, speedtest from my home network
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1607837672

• Leaseweb sg might be good but their bf promo is over.

• Yeah, that's not too good. It looks like everything (or most things atleast from LINX) go out via Telia.

I've tried this from a few popular providers based in the UK, whom have upstreams that peer at LINX and this seems to be the case.

Although, I would imagine Download/Upload outside of Singapore is awful most of the time from anywhere.

• +1 my singapoore vm-s are terrible to france.

Jacob said: Although, I would imagine Download/Upload outside of Singapore is awful most of the time from anywhere.

• @Jacob said:
    Yeah, that's not too good. It looks like everything (or most things atleast from LINX) go out via Telia.

I've tried this from a few popular providers based in the UK, whom have upstreams that peer at LINX and this seems to be the case.

Although, I would imagine Download/Upload outside of Singapore is awful most of the time from anywhere.

Neighbouring countries are okay, but no point. QuadraNet's network seems pretty fast for me though.

• Offtopic:
    Will provides let you torrent If you tell them that you are going to do it behind a proxy/vpn ?

• edited December 2015

@noaman said:
    Offtopic:
    Will provides let you torrent If you tell them that you are going to do it behind a proxy/vpn ?

If public torrents, probably no, since the IP address the server's (and the server company gets a strongly worded warning), if it is copyrighted content.

I'm thinking that most providers are okay with private torrents.

• @GM2015 said:
    +1 my singapoore vm-s are terrible to france.

True true.

DigitalOcean:

LeaseWeb (LES):