Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS (Hostwithlinux), a VM down for 2 weeks this month and double invoices.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS (Hostwithlinux), a VM down for 2 weeks this month and double invoices.

isaraisara Member
edited December 2015 in Reviews

EDIT:The control panel work properly just now. But it's not a pleasant experience.
Please do not let other customers have similar experience. Thanks.

The bill is overdue. I have opened 5 tickets on this , 4 already closed. But my VPS remains down.
The support send me the control panel address again and again. When my VPS was hosted by HWL, it works sometimes. The address is vpscp.hostwithlinux.net, am I wrong?
I have opened tickets and replied many times to tell them I CAN NOT start it via the control panel. And obviously I have access to that panel. But the support tell me the address again and ask if I have access to that, yes I have and I tried to start it.
If I can start it normally why I open a ticket and reply tons of times. I think I told them clearly that I can't start it via control panel. Again,the address is vpscp.hostwithlinux.net, I have access to it, am I wrong?
It's hard to believe that their support team can't start a VM they host, I can't see that why I had told them there must be something wrong with that panel and it do work improperly but they still let me try it.

PLEASE start it, seriously, is it that hard?

Now let me enjoy the most precious downtime in the world.
A really swift path to money.
Your staff told me > Rome wasen't built in a night
But a night is enough to click a start button for me if the system is working fine and cancel one bill in WHMCS.

I want my data back and vps online again, looking forward their hard working.

Comments

• @AlexanderM Mind shedding some light on this?

• arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited December 2015

AFAIK you were addressed by Alexander in another thread. I remember reading "most precious downtime" in another thread by you.

• Welcome to #LowEndHelpdesk

• this isara definitely hates hostus. i can sense another 100 new threads just for hostus.

• @PetaByet said:
    Welcome to #LowEndHelpdesk

I now pronounce LowEndHelpdesk closed down forever! :)

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

This is not a "review" more like bitching! Do we got a category for "Bitching"?

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    This is not a "review" more like bitching! Do we got a category for "Bitching"?

• @Mun how does help differ from help desk?

• @PetaByet said:
    Mun how does help differ from help desk?

Help is for capable people.

Helpdesk is for people whom can't submit a ticket to there provider and instead run here first.

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • @Mun said:

Capable people don't need help :)

• @PetaByet said:
    Capable people don't need help :)

Hey I am capable, and I need some help. Currently there is a thread about it on Vpsboard.....

• I'd like a desk.

• A public note may be far more effective than ticket... after post this they fixed the control panel.

• yeah, any publicity here gets vendors sales.

isara said: A public note may be far more effective than ticket... after post this they fixed the control panel.

• PetaByetPetaByet Member
    edited December 2015

OP;

@isara said:
    The control panel work properly just now. But it's not a pleasant experience.

And two hours later...

@isara said:
    A public note may be far more effective than ticket... after post this they fixed the control panel.

Hmm, okay, confusing, or clearly a troll? @Jarland should change the title :).

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hi @isara please send me a ticket number - I offered assistance in your other thread however we have been spending most my time resolving all cPanel / OVZ / KVM

All services are restored now a few may be suspedned for abuse.

Anyway - LET is not our support desk; and you posting here when its been clear before you have a vandeta againt us.

Double invoices is obviously a mistake - I would like to fix this and issue credits,

The bill is overdue. I have opened 5 tickets on this , 4 already closed. But my VPS remains down.

Please don't open 5 tickets - maybe thats the reason we had over 400 tickets? Please open one ticket - and feel free to escalate it to me.

We're here to help you

Alexander

Thanked by 1isara
  • please dont issue him credits, he already wasted at least $20 of your time, you should just terminate at this point.

Thanked by 3MCHPhil Peroni webcraft
  • @JoeMerit said:
    please dont issue him credits, he already wasted at least $20 of your time, you should just terminate at this point.

And that's why people like you are not appreciated here on LET

• Makkesk8 said: And that's why people like you are not appreciated here on LET

I'm not here to be appreciated. This guy acted like a dick over a cheap VPS and doesn't deserve any compensation.

• colingptcolingpt Member
    edited December 2015

funny replies under the op push me to laugh, these days not all providers are good enough to give support. OP has explained well what happened in last weeks, if the support team doesn't give help, what should he do? In this website, complain can be seen, and people can see how staff react, and then we know if we like to buy from them. Provider who care their reputation will also do their business more seriously.

(I don't know if he did something wrong on the vps, if it is then the support should tell, otherwise, just solve the problem, let the box running properly, not just replying like robot giving nothing helpful, that's how to save perious working time)

we come here looking for LOW END BOX, discus issues relate to those LEB, is this relate to that? If it is, then why not. if provider doesn't give proper help and box down for weeks, should he let people know something about the provider?

For OP, @isara, at the very beginning, if you do a little research, you will know how the previous HostWithLinux's reputation is and avoid them. Now, HostUS merge it, hope they can do better. Looking for cheap is not a problem, but looking for cheap without knowing it, you will get trap most of time.

@AlexanderM, you are 90% percent of HostUS public impression (at least for me) which is really helpful and give people faith with your service. Carry on dude

@JoeMerit issuing credit may not be necessary if the problem is due to the client side, also this is a merged business and main problem is due to the previous owner. Moreover, one day, you boxs will be terminated after down for 2 weeks with NO reasons because you are using

a cheap VPS and doesn't deserve any compensation.

Thanked by 3namhuy fkj isara
  • @colingpt said:
    funny replies under the op push me to laugh, these days not all providers are good enough to give support. OP has explained well what happened in last weeks, if the support team doesn't give help, what should he do? In this website, complain can be seen, and people can see how staff react, and then we know if we like to buy from them. Provider who care their reputation will also do their business more seriously.

>

uh what is your other account? you joined in August 2015 and know a lot of stuff than others.

• you can read the majority of the topics w/o an a/c.

creep said: uh what is your other account? you joined in August 2015 and know a lot of stuff than others.

edited December 2015

@creep said:

there are always someone who are out of imagination, lucky, now you know one here.

Join later doesn't mean anything, just like somebody joining early but know much less than others

I began to use vps and linux this August, are we so different? A man who joined in one year ago? But to be honest, I just like these stuffs, and in last several months, I really spend plant of time on this. JUST FOR FUN!

Thanked by 1isara
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    you can read the majority of the topics w/o an a/c.

w/o an a/c? without an account? lol

• i assume it's "without an account"

• isaraisara Member
    edited December 2015

Thanks @colingpt for understand me. Cheap service not mean down half a month and you have to pay for it. Is that wrong?
    @JoeMerit You are willing to have a VPS(cheap one) which down for 2 weeks a month and send the provider 20$/m? It's interesting, but I'm a poor guy, not so rich as you.
    @AlexanderM I have sent you my account December 5, the invoice number is not enough to find my account? Please have a look at it. Thanks.

I didn't host something so important, yes, it's cheap, but I don't want to pay for something not work at all. May be @JoeMerit is rich enough and have 20$ or more for a provider who offer him with server like this.
    But I'm not so rich, that is why I didn't choose Rackspace and Azure HK, now I'm using both.
    Without this VPS I won't realize Azure has discount for msdn subscribers.
    My application is not for profit, and I got this VPS as a backup.
    Just let this gone, there is no use to argue about this. Some one is rich enough, some one is not. We think in different ways.
    I still believe low end vps should be online at least 90%.

• Suspended by nodewatch? If the rest of the node is online then that's the only reason i can think of if it shows offline in Virtualizor.

Thanked by 1isara
  • @linuxthefish Will nodewatch suspend VPS because webdav?
    I tried to backup it via webdav once it's available.

• @isara said:
    I still believe low end vps should be online at least 90%.

90% is really a low bar, the minimum availability I can tolerate is 99%, the typical SLA should be 99.9%.

Thanked by 2lucast isara