Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A 1024 JP Linode giving away
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A 1024 JP Linode giving away

EvengardEvengard Member
edited December 2015 in General

I have no more use for an existing JP Linode.com server. While I got this from here, I want to give it back to the people here (JP linodes can't be registered as for now - they are out of slots). So if anyone is interested in a 1024 linode in JP - write here, I'll contact you and we can transfer it to your account.

Sorry for the wrong category - somehow the system din't allowed me to choose the "Offers" one.

Comments

• Linode allow transfering vps?

• I would be very interested in this. However, I'd like more details:
    -Who pays for it? (I'm assuming the person who gets the server)

• just let it go

• Yeah, the person who gets the server pays for it. It have around 3$ of uninvoiced balance this month, not sure who will pay this one.

Linode allows server transfering with the help of the ticket system - both the one who gives and the one who receives needs to write a ticket requesting the transfer. I did it once here (actually for recieving the exact same server).

• @Evengard said:
    Yeah, the person who gets the server pays for it. It have around 3$ of uninvoiced balance this month, not sure who will pay this one.

Linode allows server transfering with the help of the ticket system - both the one who gives and the one who receives needs to write a ticket requesting the transfer. I did it once here (actually for recieving the exact same server).

OK. I just realized they don't take bitcoin (which is all I have ATM) so I'll drop out of this.

• @karatekidmonkey said:
    OK. I just realized they don't take bitcoin (which is all I have ATM) so I'll drop out of this.

What do you do when you need to go to McDoncraps? They don't take bitcoin I'm afraid.

• me please!!!

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:
    What do you do when you need to go to McDoncraps? They don't take bitcoin I'm afraid.

But BurgerCoin does!

• ill take it if u still have it. on a tight budget

• Sorry, I already started the transfer to a different person. If the transfer fails for some reason I'll write but most likely the offer is already over, sorry!

Thanks for your attention though.

Thanked by 1bashed
  • AFAIK Linode started to limit the transfer of JP nodes.

Talking about who gonna pay for it: You pay the period for the time when server is on your account. So in your case, you pay 10 days before this transfer, the other person pay for the remaining after this transfer, as if you delete the server and the other person created the same server at the same moment.

• That's fine for me.

But there was a strange problem with the transfer. Still not giving up with the first one who wrote me about that.

• Yeah seems like they are indeed limiting transfers of Tokyo linodes. That's sad then :(

• EvengardEvengard Member
    edited December 2015

Seems like the only transfer option left is to transfer the whole account. Changing all the billing information, changing all the names etc. Which is possible for me because I have only one server on that account.

• so how much is the server for ? what specs ?