Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Abuse report for Domain?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Abuse report for Domain?

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited December 2015 in General

I have owned tons of domains since 2005. Well seems I got a abuse report? My register Internet BS forwarded me an email from: eurid.eu stating that the link in question is a botnet/ Phishing website, but the strange part the link is to a freaking zip file and in which NOTHING is wrong with it lol. Are they blind? Whats next? They threated to suspend the domain if I don't fix it in 12 hours. Well its already been half cause they send the email at 3AM!

It has been brought to our attention that the domain name(s) domainhere.eu is/are
allegedly involved in illegal activities ("botnet drone") via the urls listed
below.
Please note that the urls below may have been edited (http replaced with hxxp) for
security reasons.

WTF "allegedly involved" LOL.

Comments

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Remove the zip file and change its name then reupload it if it's clean. there are nasty trolls on the internet sending these fake abuse reports, like bitninja.

Tell inetBS that you've done your duty.

Thanked by 2HuntersPad ATHK
  • @GM2015 said:
    Remove the zip file and change its name then reupload it if it's clean. there are nasty trolls on the internet sending these fake abuse reports, like bitninja.

Tell inetBS that you've done your duty.

I told them I have removed the file as its an inactivate file anyway, but there was nothing wrong with the file or domain.

The email was from the actual .EU TLD site or whatever they call it.

• I guess I should no longer use .eu domains.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Yeah, just don't get worked up over it.

InetBS has gone downhill from what I've read. It used to be the better namesilo some time ago.

hyelton said: I told them I have removed the file as its an inactivate file anyway, but there was nothing wrong with the file or domain.

The email was from the actual .EU TLD site or whatever they call it.

• Remove the file and inform them

• @GM2015 said:
    Yeah, just don't get worked up over it.

InetBS has gone downhill from what I've read. It used to be the better namesilo some time ago.

Yeah I moved to them several years ago and never had an issue until last year when a .co.uk domain got stuck and the nameserver would not change and they kept saying to check with my hosting provider lol.

• @vlearnedu said:
    Remove the file and inform them

And if you are that annoyed, or worried that it'll happen again, transfer out ASAP if you can. Vote with your feet/money.

Thanked by 2GM2015 geekalot
  • @MeAtExampleDotCom said:
    And if you are that annoyed, or worried that it'll happen again, transfer out ASAP if you can. Vote with your feet/money.

Yeah, but wouldn't I still be subject to it since its a .eu? It was reported to eurid which is the owner of .eu (right?) and in which they told internetBS

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited December 2015

I'll prob get another TLD for that site and just have them mirrored just in case.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • InternetBullShit

• There getting on my last nerve... I contacted Chat.. As soon as I said something they disconnceted! Then I get a ticket open, stating I need to prove my WHOIS contact info.. WTF? Why are they asking me to check/fix? What does this have to do what I asked them lol. If I had the extra cash I'd move all my domains away today.

Dear Customer,

Please check/fix the whois details and send us evidence the whois details are accurate. The evidence required by our legal department for each registrant is:
    1. a copy of registrants national id card or passport.
    2. a copy of a very recent utility bill.

• They've probably got a buyer on the domain.

hyelton said: The evidence required by our legal department for each registrant is: 1. a copy of registrants national id card or passport. 2. a copy of a very recent utility bill.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Indeed, the only advantage which Internet.bs has lately is charging the lowest available prices for some ccTLDs.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited December 2015

Im in the process of moving it. Just awaiting for the emails.

• Its been MOVED :D. I moved everything away from Godaddy long ago, but I'll prob slowly move back to them. Any suggestions on good registers?

• Godaddy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Namesilo and namecheap are good. Stay away from moniquer.

hyelton said: Its been MOVED :D. I moved everything away from Godaddy long ago, but I'll prob slowly move back to them. Any suggestions on good registers?

Thanked by 1Four20
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited December 2015

namesilo ~ free whoisguard :D
    @GM2015 HAHA spam?

• wat. i has da dumb todays

century1stop said: HAHA spam?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    wat. i has da dumb todays

sticky finger syndrome, fully understand :D
    very common with geeks, developers, designers and especially moderators

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

nah, that was just copy pasting

HAHAHAHAHA multiple times.

you can use: ">" + one "space" to quote someone.

wtf this shyte works.

century1stop said: i can't figure out quote formatting man