Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest RIPE ASN registration / IPv6 Blocks?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest RIPE ASN registration / IPv6 Blocks?

biennabienna Member
edited December 2015 in General

I was wondering who on LET had the cheapest (or best) ASN registration service with RIPE and who on the forum can provide IPv6 PA Space at a reasonable price?

My ISP (Belgium) finally offers IPv6 and I've played with BGP for much of my diploma. I'm ready to move beyond test labs and dn42, to route my own space and learn more about BGP on the real world scale. As it's mostly a hobbyist project, I would ideally like to have the cheapest services possible to fit my shoestring budget.

Comments

• How much PA space? I can give you up to like a /43 for free.

Not the cheapest ASNs though.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited December 2015

I was looking into this earlier this week too.

I talked to a couple of people, all of which are lower than 101 EUR when I was quoted.

@admiral_awesome (Prager IT) - 50 EUR plus VAT. His /48s and anything smaller than a /43 is pretty expensive though. He offers /32 for 52 EUR/yr if you're looking for that sort of thing.

@William (IP6.im) - 100 EUR (not sure about VAT) - that being said, the most visible person on IPv6 on this forum, and allocates up to a /40 for free with each ASN. It's also 90 EUR for students if you provide documentation. Free small allocations at times, which is pretty cool.

@rmlhhd - Contact him privately, since I got the figure privately. Within the range of the previous figures. Cheap IPv6 blocks for small allocations.

@patrick7 - Contact him privately, since I got the figure privately. He's a pretty friendly person though. Within the range of the previous figures.

@rauppe31 (SinaVPS.ch) - 80 CHF / 74 EUR

I am interested in any more RIPE NCC members on this forum that offer ASN registration, especially if it's at a cheaper price than 50 EUR.

Thanked by 2bienna goinsj2010
  • Gunter said: not sure about VAT

I don't bill VAT externally at this time; i do however pay it internal which adds up to some costs. It's a complicated business situation but does not matter to the end-user.

Gunter said: and allocates up to a /40 for free with each ASN

It's by now a /39, i have more space than i could ever give out, adding around a /30 per month with new LIRs and additions....

I still do ASN specials, especially if you rent IP space at the same time (v4 or v6) :)

• GunterGunter Member
    edited December 2015

@William said:
    I still do ASN specials, especially if you rent IP space at the same time (v4 or v6) :)

I messaged you about one of your ASN specials but I never really got a reply unfortunately. Do you have any ongoing specials? That being said, I'm still waiting for an incorporation to be filed before I can really do anything, which will take another 2 weeks.

• biennabienna Member
    edited December 2015

William said: How much PA space? I can give you up to like a /43 for free.

That's a really generous offer but I think I'll request a /46 or /47 from your ip6.im project. What kind of justification is needed for the IPv6 addresses? I've never done a justification form in the past (never needed to with dn42 addresses and limitless private ranges) so I'm not sure what to put down.

• If only @William had some spare IPv4 space...

• @FlamesRunner said:
    If only William had some spare IPv4 space...

He does some days I have a /23 from him

• @FlamesRunner said:
    If only William had some spare IPv4 space...

I do!

• DamhHugh hnggghhhhhglghlgln, only problem is that I can't justify an /24 :p

• FlamesRunner said: If only @William had some spare IPv4 space...

Some ARIN and RIPE available, though stock is low.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

@William said: Some ARIN and RIPE available, though stock is low.

PM you about this.