Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totally out of the loop: Looking for a cheap VPS provider.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Totally out of the loop: Looking for a cheap VPS provider.

First off, I know this is a question asked all the time. I however, was not able to find a recent discussion about this so I will make a new topic.

I have a lot of experience with VPS's and dedicated servers, but I moved to a country without internet for two years and feel totally out of the loop.

I need a VPS with about a gig or so of RAM. Uptime is not a huge concern, but company stability (Wont disappear out of the blue) is. Its going to be for a University project and possibly a side minecraft server.

Again, as a very old member of the community, I cringe as I ask, but I guess volumedrive is no longer the cheap king, and I need to find the new one.

Comments

• Can checkout some offers I have link is in my sig, need anything special just contact me ill see what I can do for you, cheers.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

We offer 1GB of RAM for $24 per year on the following plan:

VDR1

• 2 Cores
    • 1GB RAM
    • 15GB SSD Disk
    • 1000GB Bandwidth
    • 2 IPv4
    • IPv6

$24 per year recurring

Order

Will work for the university project but we do not allow minecraft

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We've been registered since May 2014 and won't be disappearing soon. What do you consider cheap though?

Here's our offer for this week and the plan I think would fit your needs

★ 1GB RAM ★

2 vCore @ 1.0GHz
    30GB Disk - SSD RAID 10
    2TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4 - Additional Available
    SolusVM/OpenVZ - Linux
    Quarterly $3.50 | Semi-Annually $6.50 | Annually $12.00

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited December 2015

@bijan588 welcome back We all are ready to help Always

if EUROPE
    @Arubacloud 1GB ram/1coreCPU/20GBSSD/2TB BW --1Euro/month or 12Euro/year

Cheaper and the best my server uptime are 100% till today and locations are

if USA

then @virmach

• @VirMach said:
    We've been registered since May 2014 and won't be disappearing soon. What do you consider cheap though?

Here's our offer for this week and the plan I think would fit your needs

★ 1GB RAM ★
    > 
    > 2 vCore @ 1.0GHz
    > 30GB Disk - SSD RAID 10
    > 2TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    > 1 IPv4 - Additional Available
    > SolusVM/OpenVZ - Linux
    > Quarterly $3.50 | Semi-Annually $6.50 | Annually $12.00
    > 

Well if that's not cheap I don't know what is, nice offer mate.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Welcome back @bijan588 :)

• @RyanARP
    Catalysthost - the best you can get.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Hey Bijan,

We're located in the UK, and as a long time member I would love to have you onboard as a customer :)

Feel free to drop me a message for a promotion code if you're interested.

@bijan588 said:
    First off, I know this is a question asked all the time. I however, was not able to find a recent discussion about this so I will make a new topic.

I have a lot of experience with VPS's and dedicated servers, but I moved to a country without internet for two years and feel totally out of the loop.

I need a VPS with about a gig or so of RAM. Uptime is not a huge concern, but company stability (Wont disappear out of the blue) is. Its going to be for a University project and possibly a side minecraft server.

Again, as a very old member of the community, I cringe as I ask, but I guess volumedrive is no longer the cheap king, and I need to find the new one.

• bijan588 said: I need a VPS with about a gig or so of RAM. Uptime is not a huge concern, but company stability (Wont disappear out of the blue) is. Its going to be for a University project and possibly a side minecraft server.

OVH has 2GB KVM VPSes for $3.49/month, Leaseweb has 1GB VPSes for $4.95/month, Delimiter has a 1GB with dedicated core for $6.50/month, Lunanode has a 2GB for $7.00/month.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner 4n0nx
  • Just get a dedicated server, not so hard to get a KS-2 if you put your mind to it.

• sin said: 1GB with dedicated core for $6.50/month

with dedicated CPU thread ;)

• You can take our $50 free credit and spend $10 for 1 year of 1 gig RAM server.

Here's the link:
    https://www.cloudrino.net/my/cybermonday/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

@bijan588 You're getting some terrible offers in here. Definitely go with OVH's new line based on your needs.

https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml

Though, if I were to pick someone offering in this thread it'd be @Awmusic12635.

• BuyVM.

• don't believe @jarland, he suggested OVH which is not cheap

go with weloveservers that is very good as i used them

• @lewissue said:
    don't believe jarland, he suggested OVH which is not cheap

go with weloveservers that is very good as i used them

Or he could believe him and get a solid service at a sustainable price, and not worry that the company will disappear in 3 months. There is also Ramnode or BuyVM.

Or you could perpetuate the race to the bottom and go with these other offers.

Thanked by 24n0nx Ole_Juul
  • Good recommendation. I hope noone will ever buy anything from you.

lewissue said: go with weloveservers that is very good as i used them

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • @evilghaleon said:
    Or you could perpetuate the race to the bottom and go with these other offers.

@GM2015 said:
    Good recommendation. I hope noone will ever buy anything from you.

why you feel weloveservers bad? this is also solid

• I know you're a troll, but here: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:lowendtalk.com+"we+love+servers"

lewissue said: why you feel weloveservers bad? this is also solid

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • lewissuelewissue Member
    edited December 2015

yes may be they have downtimes, but as my experience, they always solve very fast

and customer support answers you in minutes. Ramnode / Old Crissic / Oh-Victory-Hosting can't do this.

btw, I will tell you I'm trolling if I'm going to troll in the future.

• Okay, please let me subscribe to your mailing list when the time comes, so I don't miss any priority moments.

lewissue said: btw, I will tell you I'm trolling if I'm going to troll in the future.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited December 2015

old crissic? Skylar's coming back........ :D, bought out quadranet?

• NomadNomad Member
    edited December 2015

@bijan588 said:

I moved to a country without internet for two years and feel totally out of the loop.

North Korea?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • lewissue said: yes may be they have downtimes, but as my experience, they always solve very fast

Very funny. :) However, I do think that most people judge a provider by how little downtime they have, rather than by how fast they can fix it.

• bijan588bijan588 Member
    edited December 2015

Err... Well, I see the market is definitely more saturated now. Glad I got out when I did. I've decided that I'll either colocate a couple of my old servers with someone cheap or go OVH(KS-1). I do appreciate the offers though and will take a look at all of them, but usually I don't think a year of operation is quite enough to demonstrate stability. (Hell I hosted servers for two years and ended up shutting down abruptly.)

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I have used and paid for the service for virmach.
    Very Bad company. Server often down. slow virtual machines. Better go with MS or amazon.
    I didn't even get a refund despite the serverenviroment were often down...

Andy

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Welcome back, I remember you :) 2 years without internet? damn.

Inception Hosting is coming up for 6 years now, if you decide against OVH.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

@bijan588 be carefull from people here like lewissue, trolls like him are making LET worse...
    As of your question, my suggestions:
    For VPS, you can't go wrong with RamNode (ask @Nick_A), InceptionHosting's @AnthonySmith (I'm with him for two years now with excellent performance/stability/support), and @Drserver 's brands (drserver.net).
    Also, dedis are very cheap now! Depending on the configuration you may be want, scaleway's arm is a great solution (although I think their system is full for now), and there are very cheap solutions from wholesaleinternet for 10 ans 15$ per month for opteron and core2duo (I have 2 servers with them with 0 issues for 5 months now and very quick support), server discount (https://servdiscount.com/en.html) or online.net .