Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for servers in EU, Asia and Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for servers in EU, Asia and Australia

Hey,

I am looking for reliable servers in Europe, Australia and Asia.

Minimum requirements:

16-32 GB RAM
2xL5520 processors(or equivalent)
1TB SATA or 500GB SSD
100 mbit uplink
5-10 TB monthly bandwidth

Target price: $49/month

I want the DC to announce my IP space from my ASN. I am willing to pay $10 per month extra for this or $50 one time.

Comments

• No chance of that price in Australia.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

I am personally from Australia and you will not find any dedicated servers at around $49/USD with the specifications you are looking for.

You can take a look at http://webhostingtalk.com.au

Cost factors are:

1. Currency exchange (weaker Australian dollar - results in higher operating costs and hardware prices)

2. Expensive bandwidth

3. Less competition and more concentrated on domestic customers only (less foreign players)

In Asia, you will need to be more specific on which country. In Singapore, there could be a suitable offers.

Server LU
    Leaseweb
    Readyserver SG

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @deployvm said:
    I am personally from Australia and you will not find any dedicated servers at around $49/USD with the specifications you are looking for.

You can take a look at http://webhostingtalk.com.au

Cost factors are:

1. Currency exchange (weaker Australian dollar - results in higher operating costs and hardware prices)

2. Expensive bandwidth

3. Less competition and more concentrated on domestic customers only (less foreign players)

In Asia, you will need to be more specific on which country. In Singapore, there could be a suitable offers.

Server LU
    Leaseweb
    Readyserver SG

Thank you for sharing the details. I can see quite a few providers on WebHostingTalk.com.au, makes sense in posting the request there too.

Server.lu, leaseweb and Readyserver are out of my budget.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2015

TheServerGuy said: Australia and Asia

TheServerGuy said: 16-32 GB RAM 2xL5520 processors(or equivalent) 1TB SATA or 500GB SSD

TheServerGuy said: 100 mbit uplink 5-10 TB monthly bandwidth

ok....

TheServerGuy said: Target price: $49/month

ahahaha, no, never. You live in a dream world there my friend.

TheServerGuy said: I want the DC to announce my IP space from my ASN. I am willing to pay $10 per month extra for this or $50 one time.

Not in Asia, IP announce behind other ASN is already extremely hard to get in EU/US.

TheServerGuy said: Server.lu, leaseweb and Readyserver are out of my budget.

That already tells you all you need to know...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you sort of double your budget, I can offer E3-1241v3, with 1TB drives, 1Gbit/s and 10TB bandwidth, but sorry not at the price point you are asking...

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited December 2015

Disregard - was going to recommend @clouvider also would checkout worldstream they have some pretty good deals not sure on the IP releases though.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

@TheServerGuy said:
    Hey,

I am looking for reliable servers in Europe, Australia and Asia.

Minimum requirements:

16-32 GB RAM
    2xL5520 processors(or equivalent)
    1TB SATA or 500GB SSD
    100 mbit uplink
    5-10 TB monthly bandwidth

Target price: $49/month

I want the DC to announce my IP space from my ASN. I am willing to pay $10 per month extra for this or $50 one time.

Hello there,

If you're within RIPE's range, we can announce your IPs from AS3280 or create a BGP session with your ASN for any of those plans: https://www.hetnix.com/dedicated-servers.xml

Both BGP session and/or IP announcement is free.

Thank you.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2015

Andreix said: If you're withing RIPE's range,

Why would you care from what region a customer sources his IPs....? Not really your problem.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@William said:
    Why would you care from what region a customer sources his IPs....? Not really your problem.

Well, we had some interesting experiences over the years ... but, if the customer has his own ASN, he can do whatever he needs. :)

• @Clouvider said:
    If you sort of double your budget, I can offer E3-1241v3, with 1TB drives, 1Gbit/s and 10TB bandwidth, but sorry not at the price point you are asking...

Cannot double the budget, but if the service is great, can buy upto 3 servers. Do you have 5520s available?

• @Andreix said:
    Thank you.

Thank you for the offer. Do you have any LET discounts available and/or Xeon 5520 series servers available?

We have ARIN and APNIC IPs but they're portable and can be announced at RIPE.

• $49 could be possible in EU, most likely not Asia or Australia

@TheServerGuy said:
    We have ARIN and APNIC IPs but they're portable and can be announced at RIPE.

I can probably go to 89 EUR for SMONE plan, but otherwise, we don't have old equipment anymore. Only brand new equipment (the seal will be broken for your order).

Thank you.

• TheServerGuy said: We have ARIN and APNIC IPs but they're portable and can be announced at RIPE.

ARIN IPs, portable or not, cannot be announced in EU without violating your ARIN contract - Only legacy can.

TheServerGuy said: Cannot double the budget

Then you will not get what you want - as simple as that:

• Your pricing range is insane even for EU/US, especially with SSD and 32GB RAM

• Your extra request is hard to implement (ASN spoofing is only possible in recent routers or SW routers) and you are not willing to pay for it

• Your BW request in Asia/AU costs alone easily 2x of the price you want to pay total (5TB / 10 = 10$/TB or 3.4$/Mbit, already EXTREMELY cheap for Asia/AU and not available for a single server commit)

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • William said: Your BW request in Asia/AU costs alone easily 2x of the price you want to pay total (5TB / 10 = 10$/TB or 3.4$/Mbit, already EXTREMELY cheap for Asia/AU and not available for a single server commit)

Asia maybe, but AU is not happening. At least 3-4x as much.

• concerto49 said: Asia maybe, but AU is not happening

He did not note what his traffic distribution is but this sounds like anycast; with WAIX and ~75%+ local traffic (all except Telstra basically, nothing outside due to AS path length) 4-5$ in AU is quite possible - in Asia on a larger commit (10G) you can get such pricing as well.

Though yes, it is on the very cheap end of both quality and price range.