Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostWithLinux Merger
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostWithLinux Merger

isaraisara Member
edited December 2015 in General

WTF...
Effective today, HostWithLinux is now part of HostUS.us. We are pleased to announce some upcoming changes that will help us to better maintain customer service and server performance.

HostWithLinux customers will benefit from:
24/7 Customer Support
Selection of datacenter locations – 7 locations on 4 different continents
Expanded service offerings (shared hosting, reseller hosting, OpenVZ VPS, managed OpenVZ VPS, dedicated servers, etc.)
Account Migration

HostWithLinux customers will be migrated to HostUS servers at the very end of 2015 or during the first quarter of 2016. We will coordinate account changes including new panel login information for each customer. Customers will receive updates via email(s) throughout the migration process.

Prices and Products
HostWithLinux customers will continue to receive services they have already paid for
All plan prices will remain the same for existing customers after the transition to HostUS
Account credits with HostWithLinux will be usable towards future HostUS services

About HostUS
HostUS is a web hosting provider incorporated in Delaware, USA. We offer shared cPanel hosting, reseller cPanel hosting, unmanaged OpenVZ VPS, and fully managed OpenVZ VPS

We provide services to thousands of customers and would be happy to serve you!

To learn more about our services please visit http://hostus.us

Please do not reply to this email, this inbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. Please contact us here to receive assistance.

Comments

• Enjoy being in better hands on a way more stable service, HostUS sure knows how to run a good host.

Thanked by 3netomx GCat TheKiller
  • jhjh Member

In related news, Pump has merged with Dump

Thanked by 24n0nx GCat
  • isaraisara Member
    edited December 2015

My VPS down for 1 week. If it possible, I want HostUS send me refund or just give me one week to backup it.
    No more I can ask from such F**king shit.

• Mine was terminated by HostLinux(they said I did cancel), but still working.

• It's time for a new brand called HostWithSomeoneElse

Thanked by 1iRepko
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@isara said:
    My VPS down for 1 week. If it possible, I want HostUS send me refund or just give me one week to backup it.
    No more I can ask from such F**king shit.

Whats your ticket number or account email? Please PM either or, as we (HostUS) now own HWL I would love to get your service online and discuss service credits. I'm working on all tickets to get everything online and all tickets resolved.

@tenpera said:
    Mine was terminated by HostLinux(they said I did cancel), but still working.

Do you have a ticket number I can check out for you?

@jh said:
    In related news, Pump has merged with Dump

HostUS is hardly a dump host, we have been in business since '12 and alot of our client base is from LET. If you search HostUS you are sure to see amazing feedback.

@linuxthefish said:
    Enjoy being in better hands on a way more stable service, HostUS sure knows how to run a good host.

• 2016 : make 2 columns in LEB spreadsheet : PAIN , NOPAIN

• Seems like a pretty good acquisition for all parties... HostWithLinux clients get to keep their service at the same price and benefit from 24/7 support.

• hostus is indeed a good host, good news though.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • good news .

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • I question "24/7 support" - you're telling me if I open a ticket at 3:48 AM EST in the morning, I'll get a prompt, fast reply? Unlikely.

Although, the new support can't be any worse than HWL.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@gcat Well give it a try before making an ASSumption. Just saying!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@GCat said:
    I question "24/7 support" - you're telling me if I open a ticket at 3:48 AM EST in the morning, I'll get a prompt, fast reply? Unlikely.

Yes you will, HostUS has a world wide client base, your 3AM may be one of my staffs 3PM.

Open a ticket 3AM Christmas day - you will get a one hour responce :)

Alexander

• AlexanderM said: Open a ticket 3AM Christmas day - you will get a one hour responce :)

Will do. Cron tab to rm -rf VPS created.

• @GCat said:
    I question "24/7 support" - you're telling me if I open a ticket at 3:48 AM EST in the morning, I'll get a prompt, fast reply? Unlikely.

From my experiences with them over the past couple years, you absolutely will get a prompt reply around the clock. I can't speak to the service from HWL but Alexander runs a tight ship and service and support is excellent, far exceeding their pricing.

• @GCat, please stop bashing providers when you literally just joined 9 hours ago. Do your homework and you'll find HostUS is one of the few providers that is worthy of a little trust :)

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • @GCat said:
    Will do. Cron tab to rm -rf VPS created.

Don't be a butthurt and wipe your conputer.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • Has this merger finished and tech staffs started fixing existing problem? As I still have a KVM down for days. Also after this, which TOS will be applied to the existing HostWithLinux clients?

• Why are people so butthurt on this forum ?

• Don't know much about HWL, but HostUS is certainly a good provider.

# uptime
     23:54:39 up 391 days, 23:25,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AlexanderM Good Luck with HWL

my first Box with you guys has never been disappointed till this day and I'm with you from Las Vegas then Los Angels

Good support and Great service HWL customers will be surprised with HostUS :)

• In my experience, hostus has an excellent service. Very stable servers, very friendly stuff, very fast responses and very good networking for the price. I do not host with them now because I moved those services to a dedicated server of mine, but if I need some vps in the near future, they are for sure in my short list.

• @GCat said:

Out of curiosity - why do you find it unlikely?

• In the long run I think it is a good thing

• @MightWeb said:
    Out of curiosity - why do you find it unlikely?

He's a troll, ignore him. Just joined today.

• vimalware said: 2016 : make 2 columns in LEB spreadsheet : PAIN , NOPAIN

You might have a short overflow in the PAIN column.

• 2bb32bb3 Member
    edited December 2015

Will there be any 5$/y plan (or 10$/y, don't remember) like you used to offer?

• rokokrokok Member
    edited December 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    I'm sorry, I failed. Enjoy being in better hands on a way more stable service, HostUS sure knows how to run a good host.

fixed that for u

• Nobody is answering any ticket, probably dead..