Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Cheap providers with: KVM, custom ISOs, and at least 50GB harddrive space?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Cheap providers with: KVM, custom ISOs, and at least 50GB harddrive space?

I've been playing around with DragonflyBSD on vultr, but I need at least 50GB of harddrive space. I only need 512MB of RAM, but with vultr you either have to pay for way more CPU/RAM than you need if you want that much storage, or you have to use a storage instance with a super slow CPU.

Can anyone make suggestions that meet these needs and is big enough that I can rely on them being around for a while?

Comments

• cociucociu Member, Provider
    • I will do 512MB / 50GB / custom ISO at $1.65, PM me if you want

• You can check our Unmetered VPS hosting plans. Hope you guys will like us.

https://pnshostings.com/vps-hosting.php = VPS Hosting for developers | Web hosting |
      SSL Certificates | Sitelock | Dedicated Hosting

• lewissue said: I will do 512MB / 50GB / custom ISO at $1.65, PM me if you want

lewissue said: The above is JUST TROLLING. If you believe, then you lost the game.

• cgag said: I've been playing around with DragonflyBSD

Nice, what do you use it for? From my (limited) understanding, it was mostly interesting for clustering; What made you choose this system rather than another?

Gotta Love LowEndDrama

• @2bb3 said:

I like a lot about Dragonflybsd. I'm very impressed by what they've done for performance (fastest BSD, I believe it might beat linux too in many core benchmarks) despite their small tea. I'm most interested in the HAMMER filesystem. It allows streaming changes from one system to another, and most interestingly it keeps a full history of every change to every file. Ideally I'd run it on my laptop and stream the changes to a VPS.

Right now my plan is to try to using something like lsyncd to listen for changes on my (linux) laptop and rsync them over to my VPS with hammer on it, that way I should be able to rollback and mistakes I make. I also use a traditional backup system (attic), but this should be doable in essentially real time.

• cgag said: Dragonflybsd

Nice thanks for your answer. So basically that could work also to keep two VPS in sync.

Will read more about that HAMMER filesystem, thanks :)

Gotta Love LowEndDrama

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Provider

We may help with our KVM offers: http://kvm4.me

Otherwise, if your budget is reasonable, drop me a PM, I may have an offer for you.

Gestion DBI Inc. | IT Consulting, Telecommunications, Domotic/Security and Hosting provider.
      DeepNet Solutions | OpenVZ VPS for Cheap! | Only the best Cloud KVM VPS.

• bersybersy Member
      edited December 2015

It seems @AshleyUk CM awesome KVM offer is still available. Custom ISO is allowed.

• @joodle said:

:D another guy who believes my signature

my friends all want me to remove that signature, but I really like it

everyday, there's somebody who is trolled by me

• lewissue said: everyday, there's somebody who is trolled by me

You're not trolling, you're just being annoying.

• Vultr has storage plans too.

• bersybersy Member
      edited December 2015

Alajos said: Vultr has storage plans too.

Vultr has been mentioned in initial post two times, so OP has already had a Vultr account.

• We can build you custom package e-mail : [email protected]

https://www.intensevps.com - Unmetered 1 GBPS(CA/FR) and 10 GBPS(NL) Linux/Windows KVM VPS starting from 7$/month | Contact : [email protected] or [email protected] or Skype: constant.vps

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

we can do a special offer for your needs and provide more than 50GB of storage

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
      Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
    • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Provider

Hi,

We support custom ISO and variable disk size for 512MB plan using the distributed volume storage on our platform.

• @cgag said:
      I've been playing around with DragonflyBSD on vultr, but I need at least 50GB of harddrive space. I only need 512MB of RAM, but with vultr you either have to pay for way more CPU/RAM than you need if you want that much storage, or you have to use a storage instance with a super slow CPU.

Can anyone make suggestions that meet these needs and is big enough that I can rely on them being around for a while?

Iwstack: http://iwstack.com/price-calculator.php

5,76 euros with your specs and yes, it's one of the best provider I ever tried

• Yep, Prometeus is awesome.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member, Provider

Give us a click. Our latest offer can be found at Lowendtalk!

IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd

• @lewissue said:
      everyday, there's somebody who is trolled by me

Can you just fuck off? Like please?

Different.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
      Can you just fuck off? Like please?

:)that signature is just fake. but everyday there's people who getts trolled by it such as you. why so angry?

• @lewissue said:
      :)that signature is just fake. but everyday there's people who getts trolled by it such as you. why so angry?

No one gives a crap if he/she is being "trolled" by your signature, its the fact that you're being annoying that's making everyone pissed.

This seems to be okay in whatever China forums it seems, but hey. This isn't that kind of forum.

If "all your friends" want you to remove it, there gotta be a reason, so why don't you wisen up and follow their advice? Cause honestly, it's a shitty signature.

If people are "angry" about it, why don't you remove it? Are you someone who loves watching the world burn?

"The above is JUST TROLLING. If you believe, then you lost the game."

Are you trying to be Sam Pepper? Trying to get away with everything (and anything) by saying its "trolling" or a prank?

Might not be in the position to say this, but seriously, its good for you to take some time off to reflect.

Chinese Translation (of the last line):
      我有可能没有资格说这些话,可是我认为你应该反省一下。

My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

• @theroyalstudent said:
      blahblahblah

well, as you said so much words just wanting me to remove a line, I removed it.

:)

• That's the rudest way you could ever reply. "blahblahblah". Tsk.

没家教。

My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

• lewissuelewissue Member
      edited December 2015

@theroyalstudent said:
      That's the rudest way you could ever reply. "blahblahblah". Tsk.

没家教。

well, isn't blahblahblah just same as some suspension points?

i don't feel it any rude.

• lewissue, I don't have any problem with trolling when done right, but I will say I didn't give much credence to your post because of your signture.

Thanks a bunch for the replies everyone, I'm surprised how many options there are. I think I'm going to give iwstack a shot.

@hbjlee17 said:
      We support custom ISO and variable disk size for 512MB plan using the distributed volume storage on our platform.

I see some mention of this on the wiki, but nothing on the home page, and nothing about pricing. This sounds like something cool that should be more prominent, let me know if I missed something.

• lewissuelewissue Member
      edited December 2015

@cgag said:
      lewissue, I don't have any problem with trolling when done right, but I will say I didn't give much credence to your post because of your signture.

Thanks a bunch for the replies everyone, I'm surprised how many options there are. I think I'm going to give iwstack a shot.

however, I'd say I'm serious when replying you. as you don't trust me just for a signautre , now I start to troll.(trollface) below is trolling:

I offer 200% SLA for my VPS. I will give you 1 cent refund if uptime is lower then 200%

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
      edited December 2015

Still looking for this @cgag ?

LEBNODE LLC: High Performance OpenVZ and KVM-SATA-3/RAID1-10 VM's - LA - VA - LDN - Free 20Gbps Mitigation

~EU~ Dedicated Intel Servers - Intel Xeon E3 1231v3 @ 3.4GHz - Loc (NL) - On Sale (Contact Me On Skype @ IgniteServers) for a deal!

• @lewissue 200% uptime? Sheesh.

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

• @FlamesRunner said:
      lewissue 200% uptime? Sheesh.

:D yes, you can try it. If I can't meet 200% uptime, you will get 1 cent compensation.

• You made so much noise thus OP lefted his thread.

0% chance of trolling in posts.

• WebProject said: we can do a special offer for your needs and provide more than 50GB of storage

you are not a provider here, so you need that before any offer.

I AM BACK :)
      Working Windows Server 2012 R2 on 6GB! Beat that!

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Provider

The website will be redesigned soon, our focus until now has been on features and stability of our platform.

The pricing for storage is missing because only capacity that exceeds the allocated plan storage size is billed, at $0.03 per GB, billed hourly.

So If you choose a plan that comes with 20GB storage, and choose to use volume storage instead of local storage and create a 30GB volume, then you will be billed for the plan hourly price, plus the 10GB storage.(30 - 20).

cgag said: I see some mention of this on the wiki, but nothing on the home page, and nothing about pricing. This sounds like something cool that should be more prominent, let me know if I missed something.

• sinsin Member
      edited December 2015

cgag said: I see some mention of this on the wiki, but nothing on the home page, and nothing about pricing. This sounds like something cool that should be more prominent, let me know if I missed something.

I can vouch for Lunanode, been using them for around 2 1/2 months and they're amazing. Their volume storage is really cool, I used to put my virtual machines on it but now I'm using it as storage and just attaching it to my machines. They also allow you to easily upload custom ISOs and mount them...you get 20GB of storage for free to store ISOs and snapshots on each location (so 20GB free for their Toronto location and 20GB free for their location using OVH's BHS). They're definitely the provider to go with if you want some sweet features.

• @hbjlee17 said:
      The website will be redesigned soon, our focus until now has been on features and stability of our platform.

The pricing for storage is missing because only capacity that exceeds the allocated plan storage size is billed, at $0.03 per GB, billed hourly.

So If you choose a plan that comes with 20GB storage, and choose to use volume storage instead of local storage and create a 30GB volume, then you will be billed for the plan hourly price, plus the 10GB storage.(30 - 20).

I recommend you to PM a moderator and get your Provider tag, or some rule-addicted guys will flag you.