Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Yearly webhosting with DDOS protection + DMCA 'ignored'
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Yearly webhosting with DDOS protection + DMCA 'ignored'

    EdmundEdmund Member
    edited December 2015 in Requests

    Hello guys,

    This might be a difficult one since I want to run a small but growing website (currently getting 1k daily views) on a small budget, but I hope to get lucky!

    What I'm looking for is a web hosting plan with the following

    1GB of Disk

    5 MySQL DB

    +2TB of Bandwidth

    DDOS Protected - It doesn't need to be a badass protection, but my current host doesn't have any kind of protection so I get null routed when a small attack kicks in.

    DMCA Ignored - Even tho I DON'T host anything on my website (I just link it) not even images (all external) I might get DMCA Trolls (fake takedowns).

    My current budget is small, really small, around 10€ (15€ tops!).

    Is there any offers like this out there?

    I hope this isn't a long shot in the dark.

    Let me know, thank you!

    Comments

    • Go back to hackforums do not make LET stinky.

    • cupidcupid Member, Provider
      edited December 2015

      DMCA 'ignored' ? - it's against the US law.
      only offshore vps can offer this.

      Cheap VPS Since 2003 - DDoS Protection from $2.90/month (Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York), KVM CLOUD - from $4.90/Month

    • jarjar Provider
      edited December 2015

      @cupid said:
      DMCA 'ignored' ? - this is against US Low !
      only offshore vps can offer this.

      Any host can and should ignore bad DMCA notices. You'd be surprised at some of the junk people try to pass as a DMCA.

      So if you're not hosting anything you don't have rights to, they don't have to ignore DMCA, they just need to be a competent host :)

    • @WHT said:
      Go back to hackforums do not make LET stinky.

      What do you mean?

      @cupid said:
      DMCA 'ignored' ? - this is against US Low !
      only offshore vps can offer this.

      This is why I'm trying my luck here, maybe (just maybe) someone might have a offer for me :)

      @jarland said:
      Any host can and should ignore bad DMCA notices. You'd be surprised at some of the junk people try to pass as a DMCA.

      I had a hosting in US (for other project) and it took my website down at the first DMCA report they got, I had to wait 1 week so they could check the said report and in the end they told me it was fake. But I did moved to a DMCA friendly host in the US, no problems since then.

    • cupidcupid Member, Provider
      edited December 2015

      What is the DMCA?

      It is a U.S. copyright law. It addresses the rights and obligations of owners of copyrighted material who believe their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed, particularly but not limited to, on the Internet. DMCA also addresses the rights and obligations of OSP / ISP (Internet Service Providers) on whose servers or networks the infringing material may be found.

      Cheap VPS Since 2003 - DDoS Protection from $2.90/month (Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York), KVM CLOUD - from $4.90/Month

    • jarjar Provider

      @cupid said:
      What is the DMCA?

      It is a U.S. copyright law. It addresses the rights and obligations of owners of copyrighted material who believe their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed, particularly but not limited to, on the Internet. DMCA also addresses the rights and obligations of OSP / ISP (Internet Service Providers) on whose servers or networks the infringing material may be found.

      Unfortunately people submit DMCA for just about anything these days. Only a portion of them typically have anything to do with an actual copyright claim.

      I once saw someone submit a DMCA for child porn. There was no child porn, but if there was who in the world would claim copyright of that? Lol

    • cupidcupid Member, Provider
      edited December 2015

      For more information you can visit: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf :-)

      Cheap VPS Since 2003 - DDoS Protection from $2.90/month (Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York), KVM CLOUD - from $4.90/Month

    • @cupid said:

      Yes, DMCA is a US law, but many European hosts will ask us to takedown the said content or they'll cancel/suspend the account, this is why I'm trying to avoid those companies, and some LET members might have something to share.

      @jarland said:

      Ahah, thanks I needed that laugh!

    • singsingsingsing Member
      edited December 2015

      Edmund said: Yes, DMCA is a US law, but many European hosts will ask us to takedown the said content or they'll cancel/suspend the account

      Which is perfectly reasonable, notwithstanding the fact that the DMCA only protects ISPs in the U.S.

    • Edmund said: Even tho I DON'T host anything on my website (I just link it)

      So are you aiding copyright infringement by "linking" to the content?

      https://o0.nz - A free and fast image host. Powered by a Bunny and a Pony!

    • Just use OVH webhosting, they are too busy doing anything to take down anyone for DMCA.

      tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

    • I think hosting in Canada will solve your problem. We have a notice and notice system. The primitive US system of taking everything down based on a mere accusation from anybody and his dog has not existed here since 2005.

    • I got a VPS with hostsolutions.ro which advertises that they turn a blind eye towards DMCA. Search the forums for a recent offer of theirs

      Thanked by 1linuxthefish
    • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
      edited December 2015

      http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/47838/offshore-romania-dmca-free

      If you need DDoS protection, get an OVH VPS or their hosting.

    • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

      Edmund said: but many European hosts will ask us to takedown the said content or they'll cancel/suspend the account

      Which is what they are legally obliged to do if there is a reasonable suspicion of the report being truthful. In most of Europe, there are no requirements as to the format of an abuse notice, which means that a DMCA notice will automatically also be valid. It is just considered like every other generic abuse notice.

    • DeftNerd said: advertises that they turn a blind eye towards DMCA

      Not sure they can really do it, legally speaking. But I guess ecatel did ignore DMCA too (and probably still does) and they are still in business, PrivateLayer too...

      Gotta Love LowEndDrama

    • Edmund said: I had a hosting in US (for other project) and it took my website down at the first DMCA report they got,

      Seriously, that's not how it works in Canada. We have a different law. I think most of the posters here are from the US and they have a different view. Notice and notice is a different way of doing it. They will not take down your website as a first response. If you are not hosting infringing content and want to be safe from DMCA, then Canada is the place to be.

    • lbftlbft Member
      edited December 2015

      Ole_Juul said: Seriously, that's not how it works in Canada.

      I don't think it's useful to make generalisations about countries. The state of the law is one thing, and the ways VPS providers or datacentres apply their ToS and AUP in response to abuse reports in various forms is another.

      I think most of the posters here are from the US

      Haha, don't bet on it.

    • deployvmdeployvm Member, Provider
      edited December 2015

      Your budget is much too low (as you have already recognised yourself) for hosting that required decent DDoS protection. If you increase your budget 2 or 3 times, then some reasonable offers from be provided from me or the general public.

      With this budget, you are limited to businesses that use Voxility or OVH.
      Although DMCA only exists in the United States, there are still copyright laws in Europe that protect certain legal entities.

      As you stated that you are only linking, I'm sure they would have no issues.

      EDIT: You can could check https://www.kms-hosting.com/ - maybe they could have plans that suit you.

      ***From my understanding, in the form of a DMCA request, it will be their decision to take action when having knowledge. It could be a legal obligation, depending on the European Union copyright act.
      Most European providers have no legal obligation to honour any DMCA typerequests unless it is a court order.

    • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

      deployvm said: Most European providers have no legal obligation to honour any DMCA type requests

      Uh, yeah, they do.

    • i wouldnt recommend paying a year ahead if you host copyright sensitive materials, there is always a chance that you will get kicked out by your provider because of some random copyright violation and as result you can kiss your refund rights goodbye - this sucks if you dont have a lot of money to blow. You better play it safe and choose for a monthly pay option.

    • Mark_RMark_R Member
      edited December 2015

      @2bb3 said:
      Not sure they can really do it, legally speaking. But I guess ecatel did ignore DMCA too (and probably still does) and they are still in business, PrivateLayer too...

      Ecatel is providing servers in the Netherlands, in this country there is an anti-piracy organization just like DMCA but they approach the whole thing differently, they rather go after people who are a big source of illegal content instead of going after the small fish.

      http://www.anti-piracy.nl/english.php

      This does not change the fact that you still have to be careful because BREIN has ties with some of the major American media distributors, protecting some of the same content DMCA protects.

      You can see here a list of distributors BREIN protects

      http://www.anti-piracy.nl/aangeslotenen.php

      as you can see giants like Sony are listed.

    • JUNAIDJUNAID Member
      edited December 2015

      @Edmund said:
      Hello guys,

      This might be a difficult one since I want to run a small but growing website (currently getting 1k daily views) on a small budget, but I hope to get lucky!

      What I'm looking for is a web hosting plan with the following
      Let me know, thank you!

      I can provide you a discount plan at 15€ / year if you want....
      And Yes I will ignore DMCA reports.

      Plan will have

      200 Gb Diskspace

      2 TB Bandiwdth

      DDOS Protection

      Server Location - France

      Order Link - https://my.jixserver.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=112

      Normal Price €79.16EUR Annually

      And offer price €15EUR (16.27$) Annually for LET users

      Apply Coupon/Promo Code YA1TVOR2E8 (must choose Annually Billing while Placing order.

      JixServer.com - Providing Low Priced VPS, Shared, Reseller & Storage Hosting

    • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

      Mark_R said: Ecatel is providing servers in the Netherlands, in this country there is an anti-piracy organization just like DMCA but they approach the whole thing differently, they rather go after people who are a big source of illegal content instead of going after the small fish.

      Mind that one movie distributor in NL has announced that they will start scare-mailing individual downloaders. Probably won't take long for the hammer to come down elsewhere as well.

      Thanked by 1Mark_R
    • @joepie91 said:
      Mind that one movie distributor in NL has announced that they will start scare-mailing individual downloaders. Probably won't take long for the hammer to come down elsewhere as well.

      I just hope that BREIN doesn't end up like what DMCA has become, DMCA appears to be more focused on cashing in on individual downloaders instead of terminating the real source of piracy.

    • You may also be held liable for monetary damages, including attorney's fees and court costs if a lawsuit is commenced against you. You have until May 26, 2017 to access the settlement offer and settle online. To access the settlement offer, please visit https://www.copyrightsettlements.com/ and enter Case #: xxxxxxxxx and Password: xxxxx.

    • OVH

    • I've never heard of torrents and that it's possible to download files on the internet.

      Even if downloading was possible, it would be surely used to share videos and photos only between family members.

      Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

    • Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
      edited December 2015

      lbft said: I don't think it's useful to make generalisations about countries.

      I'm not making a generalisation. I'm quoting country specific law. Canadian providers are obliged to follow Canadian law.

    • Search, there's plenty of threads about this. We don't need another one.

      This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

      https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

    • Mark_R said: DMCA appears to be more focused on cashing in on individual downloaders instead of terminating the real source of piracy.

      Nowadays, individual downloaders are the real source of piracy.

      It can be very difficult to get at the original uploader (probably foreign). And it does nothing to stop the problem; even assuming you get one shut down, another will soon claim the throne of lulz.

      Turning piracy into profits within the bounds of existing copyright law is much more sustainable.

    • I'm hosting Microsoft Windows iso in my shared hosting

      never received any DMCA or such things.

    • deployvmdeployvm Member, Provider

      @lewissue said:
      I'm hosting Microsoft Windows iso in my shared hosting

      never received any DMCA or such things.

      Is your ISO file link being shared on multiple sites? It depends if it is public or not.

      Obviously private ISO files will create no interest, unless the provider does an investigation of users files.

    • OVH, Voxility, pretty much any provider who isn't based in the USA or parent company owned and registered in USA. Anyone outside USA doesn't have to comply, however, be warned some do. It's best you ask the provider before you start hosting.

      My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business

    • @singsing said:
      Nowadays, individual downloaders are the real source of piracy.

      It can be very difficult to get at the original uploader (probably foreign). And it does nothing to stop the problem; even assuming you get one shut down, another will soon claim the throne of lulz.

      Turning piracy into profits within the bounds of existing copyright law is much more sustainable.

      No.

      Going after the individual downloaders is pretty useless because they just act like amplifiers, increasing the availability of piracy content that has already been provided/leaked.

      With real source of piracy i obviously meant those release groups and private tracker sites, if you were to shutdown this then there would be nothing to amplify by the individual downloaders.

      But like i said before, DMCA rather chooses to go after the small fish instead of the real problem because this approach generates unlimited profit for them.

      Thanked by 1GCat
    • I've seen some dumb DMCA stuff too. The kind of stuff that makes you start drinking early.

      Thanked by 1GM2015

      How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

    • Anyone with google can write a DMCA notice.

      My name is INSERT NAME and I am the INSERT TITLE of INSERT COMPANY NAME. A website that your company hosts (according to WHOIS information) is infringing on at least one copyright owned by my company.

      An article was copied onto your servers without permission. The original ARTICLE/PHOTO, to which we own the exclusive copyrights, can be found at:

      PROVIDE WEBSITE URL

      The unauthorized and infringing copy can be found at:

      PROVIDE WEBSITE URL

      This letter is official notification under Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”), and I seek the removal of the aforementioned infringing material from your servers. I request that you immediately notify the infringer of this notice and inform them of their duty to remove the infringing material immediately, and notify them to cease any further posting of infringing material to your server in the future.

      Please also be advised that law requires you, as a service provider, to remove or disable access to the infringing materials upon receiving this notice. Under US law a service provider, such as yourself, enjoys immunity from a copyright lawsuit provided that you act with deliberate speed to investigate and rectify ongoing copyright infringement. If service providers do not investigate and remove or disable the infringing material this immunity is lost. Therefore, in order for you to remain immune from a copyright infringement action you will need to investigate and ultimately remove or otherwise disable the infringing material from your servers with all due speed should the direct infringer, your client, not comply immediately.

      I am providing this notice in good faith and with the reasonable belief that rights my company owns are being infringed. Under penalty of perjury I certify that the information contained in the notification is both true and accurate, and I have the authority to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright(s) involved.

      Should you wish to discuss this with me please contact me directly.

      Thank you.

      YOUR NAME

      Address

      City, State Zip

      Phone

      E-mail

      My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business

    • GM2015GM2015 Member
      edited December 2015

      You can put a company blog, spell the Alphabet A-Z on it, and some numbers to your post 0-9 and you can put a big copyright disclaimer on your footer.

      Bam, start sending your dmca notices to every provider.

      At least every mofo using Latin characters will be infringing on your copyrighted letters and numbers.

      No, wait, this sounds like something bitninja would do.

      Thanked by 1TheLonely

      Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

    • Mark_R said: Going after the individual downloaders is pretty useless because they just act like amplifiers, increasing the availability of piracy content that has already been provided/leaked.

      With real source of piracy i obviously meant those release groups and private tracker sites, if you were to shutdown this then there would be nothing to amplify by the individual downloaders.

      But like i said before, DMCA rather chooses to go after the small fish instead of the real problem because this approach generates unlimited profit for them.

      Or content producers could stop being cunts to people that want to pay and watch stuff at the same time as America :p

    • LIFETIME webhosting with DDOS protection + DMCA 'ignored' PM me!

      Server located in my basement, 24/7 protected by my lovely cats.

      CEO of PT. Rokok Kopi Internet Tidur Tbk.

    • Mark_R said: Going after the individual downloaders is pretty useless because they just act like amplifiers, increasing the availability of piracy content that has already been provided/leaked.

      Exactly. Which is why going after them "works" to a certain extent. There'd be a lot more torrenting going on if people thought they couldn't be sued for it. Some content that is not terribly popular is probably not available on p2p right now, but it would be available if nobody sued "downloaders" (actually "amplifiers" is a much better word for what p2p does).

      Mark_R said: But like i said before, DMCA rather chooses to go after the small fish instead of the real problem because this approach generates unlimited profit for them.

      I don't think profits are unlimited. Say a consumer has the option of buying a DVD for $12 or pirating for a chance of being caught and having to pay a big settlement. The consumer will only go for the latter option if the chance of being caught times the big settlement is -less- than $12, right? So the content producer can only make -less- money than if piracy didn't exist. Exactly at the point when combined revenues would approach those available through legitimate channels, consumers would be buying only through legitimate channels.

    Sign In or Register to comment.