Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you know any Web Stack one-click script/apps/autoinstall ? DO share pls
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you know any Web Stack one-click script/apps/autoinstall ? DO share pls

colingptcolingpt Member
edited December 2015 in General

Hi guys, several days ago, from a thread I got to know a new Web Stack CENTMIN MOD LEMP WEB STACK, and suddenly realized that this kind of one-click scripts should be very useful for freshman (or maybe everyone) of the vps world. I began to know vps, linux, lamp/lemp, hhvm and WordPress from August of this year, and it took me almost 4 months spare time. Now I prefer to apt-get to build up the most stable version of web stack provided by all distributions themselves, but I completely understand it is not only really necessary for people who would like to use vps as a platform for their contents, but also useful for those who have enough time and interest to learn more about linux and vps stuff.

My idea here is to build up this thread to collect as many as possible one-click shell scripts or similar apps to help people who would make their life easier and know more about this. I will begin things I know and a little bit my feelings about them first, and I believe you guys definitely can add more. Please do share those you think are great.

(Most of what I provide here are written in Chinese, if you are interesting, you may use google to translate, and feel free to contact me for confused interpreting. Obviously, only those websites are in CHN, but their scripts are definitely running in ENG :-)

1. one-click shells

lnmp.org ---CHN

very famous in chinese vps world, a lot of people use them. but it doesn't provide most recent php and mariadb. also, ram less than 512 will not allow to compile mariadb higher than 10 and mysql higher than 5.5

lamp.sh --- CHN

didn't have a try

oneinstack.com --- CHN

it also has a GitHub project, you may go and have a look. good qulity and newer lemp version.

CENTMIN MOD LEMP WEB STACK

didn't have a try

lowendscript

and their gibhub. great for low ram ones. really familiar right? :)

2. app

easyengine from an Indian guy, i guess

this is a python app to build up a web stack from build-in commands. quite good quality. various option available to build up a stack or wp app.

3. web panels with web stack

vestacp

everyone know this right? lol

wcdp --- CHN

as a web panel, it is just so famous in Chinese vps host, only problem is outdated default php and mysql, it default install php 5.2..... you can choose lemp, lamp or lampa inside panel, and you can find any function you need to host a website.

AMH --- CHN

v4.2 is free but outdated, newest version is 5.2 which needs subscription. it has a lot of web panel modules for numerous functions, every powerful.

CWP

a web panel based on centos only. didn't have a try, just know it.

OK, GUYS, IT'S YOUR TURN NOW!!

Comments

• Tuxlite

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • KPierreKPierre Member
    edited December 2015

Serverpilot - technically an web stack with an external control panel

Yunohost - "YunoHost is a server operating system aiming to make self-hosting accessible to everyone. It is based on Debian GNU/Linux and is fully compatible with it."

Mailcow - the whole email solution (mostly) out of the box.

EDIT: maybe you should also look into docker, dokku containers.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • I don't think http://lamp.org/ is a one click install script, seems to be for a museum in LA.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • @ServerObsessed said:
    I don't think http://lamp.org/ is a one click install script, seems to be for a museum in LA.

sorry, just edit. thanks

• bitnami.com / they have a somewhat strange setup currently as you can pay them to deploy apps on aws, or link your google cloud/azure/digitalocean/auo/vmware/oracle cloud accounts
    Might try tutum.co as well,they can link to the bigger clouds as well as providing a script to install on a fresh ubuntu/debian vps and you get pretty honky with docker. They reenly were bought by docker, so I have used them for over 18 months+ while in beta and free but that beta will be ending
    Yunohost and cozy as well, I have t look through what I have saved github as there are even moar installers to try

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • raptorpeanutbuttr said:
    bitnami.com

yeah, I also have an account with them, quite good idea, but do their installations only last for one hour? what will happen after the 1 hour demo time?

• @colingpt said:
    yeah, I also have an account with them, quite good idea, but do their installations only last for one hour? what will happen after the 1 hour demo time?

well what they have been doing is providing docker images of the infrastructure stacks plus they have stacksmith which makes dockerfiles as easy as making republicans.

• @raptorpeanutbuttr said:

well what they have been doing is providing docker images of the infrastructure stacks plus they have stacksmith which makes dockerfiles as easy as making republicans.

didn't quite get your idea. I have DO account, if I use their service to install a lnmp, which use one of 10, 1 hour demo. after one hour, what will happen to my droplet? is it going to be deleted? BTW, do they use docker to implement apps? really?

• TBH, learning how to install each would be more beneficial in the long run.

Thanked by 2GM2015 ATHK
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Yeah, it takes some time to figure out, but on debian it's mostly about:
    what stack you want to run:
    whether you are happy with apt/yum's possibly way too outdated software OR just look up alternative repos.

I went and wrote LNMP script for myself for wheezy and jessie. Major differences are changing the word jessie to wheezy in the echo "repo wheezy/jessie blabla" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/software.list.

Most of these bits I've just googled and updated for myself where applicable.

gitreset said: TBH, learning how to install each would be more beneficial in the long run.

• @GM2015 said:
    Yeah, it takes some time to figure out, but on debian it's mostly about:
    what stack you want to run:
    whether you are happy with apt/yum's possibly way too outdated software OR just look up alternative repos.

>

someone prefer compiling to get the most efficiency and more function. for example, you may not get a nginx with pagespeed from office debian sources.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Yeah, but I'm not sure I want to do anything with google on my servers.

My crap wordpress site loads fast without google. I like their test https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ for optimized images and some compression(like piwik.php if you're using piwik), but they might screw up high-res images.

edit: call me paranoid, but I dislike google.

colingpt said: someone prefer compiling to get the most efficiency and more function. for example, you may not get a nginx with pagespeed from office debian sources.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • @colingpt said:

>
    you should be able to provide yr DO api key to bitnami and then make longer than 1hr servers.
    You need to do the proper signups for each cloud service and then you should be able to link bitnami to each service

with google I kinda like them with their cloud: its cheap and the disks are encrypted in some way.