Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YearlyVM - 1GB OpenVZ for £15/year on a £300 desktop... yeah this will end well. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

YearlyVM - 1GB OpenVZ for £15/year on a £300 desktop... yeah this will end well.

Comments

• Opening in Summer 2013.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: Opening in Summer 2013

I laughed when it actually said that.

• Close and forget it & him?

• @Nevil said: Close and forget it & him?

Sooner or later he'll come here, let's be prepared.

• @luis123456 said: I'm from Argentina. Yes, I'm at the south.

Same continent as the US, home of many dedicated Servers.

Either you're not from Argentina, you don't know where the USA is located or you don't know the concept of continents.

• Imma start a hosting company on 1 of my 2 raspberry pi's. Would anyone be interested?
    Only 5usd a year!

On topic: if you need an investigator, ask @joepie91 ;)

• @Liam said: OT: As per our rules he wouldn't be able to post such an offer even if he was an adult due to the fact the company (or parent company) hasn't been trading for a year.

I don't see that in the rules. Isn't it that you need public WHOIS data if you're under 12 months old?

• @Liam said: Specifically "We will not list VPS offers that only have yearly billing option, if the provider is under 1 year old."

But 12 year olds are fine ;)

• @Liam said: now now - I hope you aren't abusing @william's offer ;-)

Of course not, imma host it on my 512kbps ADSL line at home :D

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2012

Cute.

;; ANSWER SECTION:

direct.yearlyvm.com. 300 IN A 127.0.0.1

;; ANSWER SECTION:

direct-connect.yearlyvm.com. 300 IN A 31.170.167.195

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    edited December 2012

@MrObvious said: even toasters are setup in raid man!

I sure hope that toaster runs NetBSD?

• @miTgiB said: But 12 year olds are fine ;)

Just as long as he doesn't do yearly, 12 year olds can do their own pump and dumps on training wheels

• @japon said: Either you're not from Argentina, you don't know where the USA is located or you don't know the concept of continents.

Do a check on my IP, and you'll see (only mods can)
    There's South America (Where AR is located), Central and North. But, it's just America ant the end of the day.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited December 2012

@luis123456 said: But, it's just America ant the end of the day.

Central America is not a continent, North and South America are, and 2 different continents, of the 7 worldwide. So in pure geographical terms, Argentina and the United States of America are not on the same continent.

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2012

Edit: @miTgiB was faster ;-)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2012

lol 15/year for 1GB sounds extremely unbelievable... it mightn't be but considering that I would want my VPS provider to not go out of business, I don't see how or why he would want to do this other than rake in a lot of customers initially... I guess we'll just have to wait and see what becomes of this. Also, this would beat CVPSes price points!

• LeeLee Veteran

Oh c'mon, someone unban mtwiscool and let him back over here to defend himself :P

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2012

@W1V_Lee said: Oh c'mon, someone unban mtwiscool and let him back over here to defend himself :P

No.

This statement was purely my opinion and not of anyone else's

• LeeLee Veteran

Spoilsport :(

• @W1V_Lee said: Spoilsport :(

He's already answering all of our comments on the WHT thread (linked at the initial post).

No reason to bring him in here to continue what he's doing there.

• You're such a mean pie.

• One has to be careful when commenting on WHT though. Infractions ...

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2012

@Jacob said: You're such a mean pie.

For this? Yes I am. Just because a topic about him has been opened up doesn't automatically constitute as an individual's right to get unbanned if they were previously banned. Its like an open invitation for anyone who's currently registered to open up a post just to get another individual already banned to come back. It shouldn't be like that.

• @jarland
    That newegg link is good for atleast 250-300VPS what are you talking about?!

• @rds100 said: One has to be careful when commenting on WHT though. Infractions ...

I'm on some kind of WHT screening shitlist where they detect me in like under 72 hours when I try to evade a ban

• @UGVPS said: That newegg link is good for atleast 250-300VPS what are you talking about?!

I'm sure if you "optimize" it and "synergize" it you can get it up to atleast 500 VPS containers!

Also I hear if you overclock the processor to 5.6 GHz you can get 700 more!

• Lol thanks for this @KuJoe. Got my PopCorn machine all fired up!

• Quote:
    beta testing started - December 1, 2012
    in less then 1 week we will start giving out free vpses to the public.

public signup - December 2, 2012
    we are ready for the public now. you are now all free to sign up and get your free vps.

closing down - December 20, 2012
    we have been looking into our options but we can not see a good ending to this so we are announcing that 0poundhosting will be closing down

• mtwiscool will register another account here if we do enough damage to him. that's a for sure.

• @Freek

I bet he kept on saying "please wait, your VPS will be set-up ASAP" for 19 days ;-)

This discussion has been closed.