Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your best side projects / passive income
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your best side projects / passive income

What projects are running you running that are making you passive income (or <4hrs a week)?

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

My best side projects are done for love, pride, or need, not money.

Find something that feeds your soul.

• sell drugs :)

• w3e4r5 said: sell drugs :)

Time for Low End Road?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • blogging $1/month ;)

• Affiliate sites. My best one: Picked a product group that I knew about with good affiliate programs, wrote some good content (took me like at least 50 hrs of research/writing/editing/graphics/etc for a couple pages), promoted it a bit.. and almost 4 years later it's still making me money. I spend probably 4hrs every few months updating it.

Nothing's really passive, it all requires work. The stuff I did was more front-heavy, it didn't make anything for about 3-4 months until it started driving decent traffic. I've just updated it less and less but it continues to earn me some beer money, although I should invest some time into updating it/building it out more before the new year.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • I run a bunch of adult sites promoting various adult affiliate programs and that generates a nice chunk of income although it's not completely passive as all of the sites are running Wordpress so I have to stay on top of Wordpress updates and building new sites,

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2015

@kazuken said:
    What projects are running you running that are making you passive income (or <4hrs a week)?

I answer support tickets for extra income ($25/day or $175/week).

P.S: There is no such thing as a "get rich fast" scheme. Money is earned through "work." One cannot simply earn money at home doing nothing (unless you win one of those $500/week for life lottery tickets).

Thanked by 2sin IgniteServers
  • Half of this site hate affiliates.

mikeyur said: Affiliate sites.

sin said: adult affiliate program

Thanked by 2netomx joepie91
  • sin said: so I have to stay on top of Wordpress updates

you can set wordress to update automatically. I think it actually does security patches by default

doghouch said: Money is earned through "work." One cannot simply earn money at home doing nothing (unless you win one of those $500/week for life lottery tickets).

You can earn passive income with the right business, or by investing money (e.g. in funds). Playing the lottery is stupid because the expected value is <1 for every 1 dollar you spend.

Thanked by 1sin
  • 4n0nx said: you can set wordress to update automatically. I think it actually does security patches by default

Yeah but the major updates aren't automatic only the security ones inbetween :( I checked out things like WP Remote and InfinityWP but I dunno if I want something that is connected to all of my Wordpress installs like that.

• sin said: Yeah but the major updates aren't automatic only the security ones inbetween :( I checked out things like WP Remote and InfinityWP but I dunno if I want something that is connected to all of my Wordpress installs like that.

you can enable major updates with define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', true ); in wp-config.php

Thanked by 1sin
  • @4n0nx said:
    you can enable major updates with define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', true ); in wp-config.php

Holy shit I never knew that, thank you!!!!

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

I like major wordpress updates. I initially did some custom looks on my WP install in wp login dot php file and around July-August an update screwed the looks and links up.

Thanks WP!

Now 4.4's coming out with its auto image resizing which might screw my css up!

Thanks WP!

• @GM2015 said:
    Half of this site hate affiliates.

Meh, that's fine :) The users here mostly say they hate it because of folks who spam their referral links in threads to get a couple bucks credit.

Thanked by 24n0nx GM2015
  • Yeah. I need to stop caring about LET, I just can't. Addiction's bad.

mikeyur said: couple bucks credit.

• @GM2015 said:
    Yeah. I need to stop caring about LET, I just can't. Addiction's bad.

That wat I'm trying to do for last couple of months

• I tried hosts file, but as sudo/root on my laptop, it just doesn't do much.

I could stop commenting for days at 1000 comments mark, but then madness took over.

And now I'm over 1500 comments FULL OF EVIL DISGUSTING DIRTY AFFILIATE LINKS.

simonindia said: That wat I'm trying to do for last couple of months

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

I personally hate only inappropriate or hidden/redirect affiliate links, all other ones are appreciated no matter are they aff or not, "hate" sounds dramatic though.