Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMCA Flexible Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMCA Flexible Dedicated Server

jvkzjvkz Member
edited December 2015 in General

Hi,

Which country have the most flexible DMCA policy? I do not want to host pirated movies or pirated programs but i want to make an ISO server with ISO of almost all operating systems...

And do not want DMCA notice everyday..

Comments

• Somalia.

• don't tell anyone about your isos?

• LeeLee Veteran

I am positive that nobody will send you a DCMA ever..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Lee said:
    I am positive that nobody will send you a DCMA ever..

What about hosting ISOs of Windows OS? without crack or key

• If you have to ask such dumb things, you shouldn't do it.

jvkz said: What about hosting ISOs of Windows OS? without crack or key

Thanked by 1netomx
  • OVH/Kimsufi in FR

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Well, DMCA per se only works in the US, so everywhere except US this particular legislation is not working.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2015

Clouvider said: Well, DMCA per se only works in the US, so everywhere except US this particular legislation is not working.

Whilst technically true, few providers will ignore DMCA outside the US, will they jump to act in compliance of it? No.

However the report does in any event tell you a customer may be doing something that may be against your ToS so it's then a useful notification.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • @Clouvider said:
    Well, DMCA per se only works in the US, so everywhere except US this particular legislation is not working.

DMCA is not enforceable ISPs MUST take action upon notification a file violates copyright ToS. DMCA is a form of notification.

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited December 2015

@cociu can help you out with that.

Also, it's called DMCA, not DCMA.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom I hope you make sure those are legitimate DMCAs. I've seen too many fake ones.

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: DMCA is not enforceable ISPs MUST take action upon notification a file violates copyright ToS. DMCA is a form of notification.

Not everywhere, there are countries that acknowledge no foreign copyright.

Thanked by 1ManofServer