Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Node app vps hosting (Meteorjs)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Node app vps hosting (Meteorjs)

Looking for a little bit of advice on best vps hosts for a node (Meteorjs) app I need to host, my requirements are as follows:

Need... (or at least think I need)

• vLAN, I need to have multiple boxes (Mongodb host+multiple app servers+lbs) so preferably something I can set up vLAN with to speed things up
  • Decent range of boxes without price skyrocketing across spec
  • Full root access
  • Backup/image capture preferably with local storage although dont mind storing elsewhere
  • As much dedicated/guaranteed resources as possible (within reason obv)

Would like...

• Much cheapness :)
  • Free CDN?
  • Configurable/upgradable boxes

Want to avoid...

• nasty CPU caps, if I have 4 vCPUs I want to be able to run 4 versions of my app on one server not get penalised for using them all
  • Being penalised if someone takes it upon themselves to DDoS me (VPSDime!!!)
  • Over loaded host servers

Not too fussed for...

• Managed instances/support

I had initially been looking at VPSDime but a little put off by their TOS and the prospect of another migration in the future to combat it and had also looked into virtual-server.net but the machines are very rigid spec and no vLAN.

Any suggestions more than welcome!

Comments

• vlan with vps ?

• @RockBeltHOST said:
    vlan with vps ?

rockbelthost ordering link is down

• @lewissue said:
    rockbelthost ordering link is down

-.- how ?

• You have a lot of stuff to get hosted there and be done. Do you have any budget for this? Also I have to say that you might need to contact provider and explain what you are going to host there and only in this case you can hope for something from them.

• Basically you need:

• private network
    • availability group
    • load balancer
    • (optional) autoscaling