Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZXPlay - Cyber Monday KVM Deals - Free Domains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ZXPlay - Cyber Monday KVM Deals - Free Domains

AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
edited November 2015 in Offers

Cyber Monday is here, and so is our Cyber Monday yearly special, in 3 separate locations.

No need for any coupon, already low prices set across the board:

LET Yearly Special

• 1GB Guaranteed Ram
  • 1GB Swap
  • 1 Shared CPU Core
  • 60GB Disk Space
  • 6TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • KVM Technology
  • SolusVM(OVH) Virtualizor (Germany)
  • OVH (France or CA), Telehouse, Frankfurt
  • DDOS Protection in OVH DC's

$24 / Year

$48 / 2 Years (Free .com domain!*)

Order : France / CA / Frankfurt

Maximum of two VPS per a person per a location, can be combined into a single large VPS.

LET Storage Special

• 2GB Guaranteed Ram
  • 1GB Swap
  • 1 Shared CPU Core
  • 1024GB Disk Space (Cyber Monday Upgrade from 800GB)
  • ~ Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • 10 IPv6
  • OpenVZ Technology
  • Virtualizor
  • Germany, Falkenstein (Hetzner)

$6.77 / Month

$46 / Year

Order

Available till stock is depleted

Telehouse Frankfurt Speed Test

Terms & Conditions

Paypal / Debit & Credit Cards / Stripe Payments

*14 Day money back guarantee applies, however $5 deducted off refund to cover free domain if purchased during offer.

Comments

• @AshleyUk said:

Please provide some test IP

• @qq7119

Telehouse Frankfurt already attached in OP

OVH's can be seen using their Looking Glass tool : http://proof.ovh.net/

If you require anything more please let me know :

• Can We install windows ?

• @davi said:
    Can We install windows ?

Yes, if you bring your own license.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited November 2015

@davi said:
    Can We install windows ?

As @Hidden_Refuge has pointed out.

We make the standard Windows ISO's available to load onto our KVM range.

• @AshleyUk said:

better support for China Telecom

I want to know which Location

• Any looking glass for France and CA server?

• @qq7119 said:
    I want to know which Location

As I said in my earlier reply, Telehouse, Frankfurt can be seen using the link in the OP (https://bandwidth.zxhost.co.uk/)

Both the France and CA Locations can be tested using OVH's Looking Glass here http://proof.ovh.net/

If you require exact IP's of the specific node's for this offer, please PM me.

@tonywonghs these two locations are OVH's, so you can use http://proof.ovh.net/, if you require exact IP's of the node's used for this offer please PM me.

• Thanks for your prompted reply, I have PM you for the IP :)

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

Just some questions for KVM offer. Can we migrate to/from other DC at any time? Is it RAID-protected? Is IPv6 available? How old is CPU? :) OVH RBX or SBG?

edited November 2015

@bersy said:
    Just some questions for KVM offer. Can we migrate to/from other DC at any time? Is it RAID-protected? Is IPv6 available? How old is CPU? :) OVH RBX or SBG?

If we have availability at the point that you wish to migrate that would not be an issue.

Yes, Raid is being used, these are not single disk setups.

IPv6 is pending OVH completing the roll out of VRack 3.0 and enabling IPv6 on this.

CPU in both CA and France for this offer is : Xeon D range

France is located in their GRA1 DC.

@tonywonghs replied with requested info.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @AshleyUk said:

I have PM you for the IP :)

• Do you offer LET Storage Special with KVM also.

• @davi said:
    Do you offer LET Storage Special with KVM also.

Yes, however currently out of stock, so was not included in this offer thread.

• lucastlucast Member
    edited November 2015

I got one! Thanks ashley to quickly answer my questions.
    Working very well =] ..

• 1024 gb where is location?

• @dedicados said:
    1024 gb where is location?

If your talking about the "LET Storage Special" that is Hetzner Germany.

• I also got one. Thanks Ashley to quick support. Will setup soon and will do free domain transfer after 15 days.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Please correct location of Storage server.

When referring to Hetzner the location is most likely Falkenstein near Nuremberg. As far as I know Hetzner does not have any datacenter in Frankfurt.
    Even though the connectivity between Falkenstein and Frankfurt is quite good, the location should be noted properly.

Generelly I can definitely recommend them. But I am still waiting for months to get the offered IPv6 connectivity with my VPS at Hetzner. Hetzner is offering native IPv6 for quite a time but unfortunately ZXPlay isn't able to provide IPv6 for VPS yet. I hope this will change soon.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • Im seeing ipv6 on my storage VPS, you should ask first.

• @dfroe said:
    Please correct location of Storage server.

As per the updates via your ticket we have been working on this, once we are 100% happy with the setup we will then port across to production nodes. With Hetzner slightly different setup we do not want to enable IPv6 and place any risk on the stability of IPv4 or the node's in general.

I will keep you updated via the ticket.

Thanks for pointing the location out, I have corrected this now.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Thanks for this update. Besides that minor issue, really nothing to complain. I am maintaining multiple icinga nodes to monitor my servers for SLA-purposes and the one from ZXHost is rock solid so far. Great job!

Hard to resist when looking at the LET Yearly Special. From my personal experience Telehouse/23media in Frankfurt is providing very decent network performance. Filemedia used them too, but as we now that company has gone.

Is it possible to get IPv6 with a VPS in Frankfurt? 1-5 single IPs would be sufficient to start, just to have IPv6-connectivity at all. It's just so much easier to communicate with LowEndSpirit servers or devices at home, and all well-known datacenters should be IPv6-ready.

• @dfroe said:

>

If you mean at 23Media, yes we can do IPv6 fine there, as is a standard network setup, no brouter configuration.

Pop a reply on the ticket and can go from there.

• So, just to verify - on the storage plan, we are not allowed to max out the CPU allocated to us, unlike with the previous storage plan offered here?

edited November 2015

@Chronic said:
    So, just to verify - on the storage plan, we are not allowed to max out the CPU allocated to us, unlike with the previous storage plan offered here?

It has always been fair usage, it's never been sold as a dedicated core product (Our standard ZXPlay line is). Storage & Ram are 100% dedicated, and non oversold.

But being a Storage based product CPU is shared between a few (1-2) containers per a thread, however looking across a couple of the storage nodes right now none of them are even above 10% CPU usage, and mostly been under 25% for the past 12 hours.

We could go and set some really strong CPU limit's to give everyone dedicated CPU resource of a lowered down CPU core. However we felt it was better to allow the full burst of a CPU core when required, we have yet had to report to a customer let alone warn a customer of CPU usage. However we would send across a verbal warning if someone was sitting at 100% for hours.

• @AshleyUk said:
    It has always been fair usage,

However, you have marketed your previous storage offer as "dedicated resources" and "guaranteed resources". Was that then not referring to the CPU?

• I'm not sure which location should I pick, France or Frankfurt. What are the reasons to pick one over the other?

• @Chronic said:

Dedicated resources or guaranteed resources does not always include cpu usage inside usually.

edited November 2015

@Chronic said:

Sorry if you misunderstood/understood it that way, yes all resources are guaranteed apart from CPU which is shared on our LET storage offer's.

It was more to cover the fact, we offered 800GB and their was no limitations on % usage of this for a particular file type for example, the 800GB was fully dedicated to you, and was 0% oversold.

When we introduced our KVM offer we did state the exact amount that you would be entitled to, however it caused some confusion.

I will make sure to state in future offers that the core is shared but burstable to 100% to cover any doubt, however as I stated early, we have yet to have a single issue with CPU resources.

@drazilox

Depends on your location and use case, and if you use/project would benefit from being on OVH network or not.

Thanked by 1tszilassi
  • @AshleyUk

Thank you for clarifying. I did not mean to stir trouble, I was simply confused. I got a VPS during your previous offer and assumed I didn't have to worry about the CPU usage. As a result, I think my CPU usage was at times very intense - but apparently not too bad, since I was never warned to lower it. Either way, knowing this does not keep me from getting another plan with you, the previous one has been running great. I just wanted to make sure I understood the terms and what I was entitled to, I don't want to be a burden on the provider or other customers.