Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nvm - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nvm

124»

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

@FlamesRunner said:
    Here's the clause in their TOS saying they can suspend you for any reason:

> Refusal of Service
    > We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service, at our sole discretion.
    > 

I recognize that chunk of text... WEBMASTERSCAVERN LOLOLOLOL

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

Personally, I have a dialog that appears in the billing system before processing the order. It says "Please wait 5 seconds..." and the legal terms. At least I tried to get the customer to read it, but an extra piece of protection I placed: "By using any of our services (includes even entering our website), you automatically agree to the entirity of our legal terms (our " Terms Of Service," "Acceptable Use Policy," and our "Privacy Policy."). If you even partially disagree with any part of our legal terms, please refrain from visiting our website or ordering a service." :)

• doghouch said: If you even partially disagree with any part of our legal terms, please refrain from visiting our website

What's wrong with allowing everybody visiting your web site?

• Aren't you the same person asked for a server that can spoof source IP address?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/68936/cheap-dedicated-server-please-and-thank-you#latest

@mpkossen @jcaleb Sure we don't need this drama.

Thanked by 1ToggledNS
  • hello said: I've used fake info many times on different hosts, and haven't had problems

Yeah, that's not a "retarded" reason for suspension. If you don't trust a provider enough to use your real details, you shouldn't be using that provider. Hosts require real information: the big reason being for FraudRecord check purposes. They want to ensure you aren't an abuser, scammer etc.

• ToggledNSToggledNS Member
    edited November 2015

"I don't commit fraud, PERIOD."

commits fraud by registering using fake information anonymously, expects us to care he got suspended for committing a crime

should realize this isn't skidforums.

Oh, I see.

• ToggledNS said: "I don't commit fraud, PERIOD."

Who are you quoting?

commits fraud by registering using fake information anonymously, expects us to care he got suspended for committing a crime
    should realize this isn't skidforums.

Waitaminit, now you're quoting yourself. What are you saying? Sorry, but I'm just trying to make sense of this thread, and a series of non attributed quotes followed by "Oh, I see" does not help. :)

• Ole_Juul said: Waitaminit, now you're quoting yourself. What are you saying? Sorry, but I'm just trying to make sense of this thread, and a series of non attributed quotes followed by "Oh, I see" does not help. :)

I used ">" which is translated to a quote thx to markdown, it's like:

1. abc

2. def

3. ghi

• @ToggledNS said:

Thanks, I'm familiar with the markdown here. I'm just asking what you said, or meant to say. Particularly as both your statements appear to be quotes from yourself but presented in different ways. :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Closed per OP request.

This discussion has been closed.