Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nvm - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nvm

Comments

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

I think I'll try evoburst after reading this topic

• DNA proof would re activate your account.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Clouvider
  • @Umcookies - That I am, far southern suburbs (Sellicks Beach) going to guess you are in Adelaide too?

@ericls - Be sure to use valid details ;-)

@AutoSnipe said:
    Umcookies - That I am, far southern suburbs (Sellicks Beach) going to guess you are in Adelaide too?

ericls - Be sure to use valid details ;-)

LoL, relax. I always use valid and read info. Any Black Friday specials?

• @ericls - Yeah, gotta have some black friday specials. Just haven't got around to making a big song and dance about them on here, Customers seem to have posted them earlier in another post. But, here's the link :-)

https://www.evobilling.com/cart.php?gid=29

@AutoSnipe said:
    ericls - Yeah, gotta have some black friday specials. Just haven't got around to making a big song and dance about them on here, Customers seem to have posted them earlier in another post. But, here's the link :-)

https://www.evobilling.com/cart.php?gid=29

That 7/year is a killer too bad it's out of stock.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Umcookies - That I am, far southern suburbs (Sellicks Beach) going to guess you are in Adelaide too?

Indeed I am, North east area around Tea Tree Gully to be exact. It's a bit surreal meeting someone in the same city for once.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited November 2015

@ericls - Yeah, It's getting close to the end of the stock of everything gotta wait for more IPs :-P

You gotta check back though every once and a while. as there is quite a number of orders in that haven't been paid. so, it still subtracts one for each of them.

@Umcookies - There are quite a few Adelaidian's on there, they just like to hide in the bushes around Hyde Park :-P

Thanked by 1Umcookies
  • Adelaide's a terrible place, just saying.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • elgselgs Member
    edited November 2015

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

You guys totally twisted what I meant. I was trying to reason why OP needs to provide real info, because he AGREED with the TOS. You cannot ask one to provide their real info with no reason, right?

• @0xdragon said:
    Adelaide's a terrible place, just saying.

I mean... I won't argue with that but it's still home so I need the make the most of it. :D Plus there's some amazing spots if you know where to look.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited November 2015

@Umcookies said:
    I mean... I won't argue with that but it's still home so I need the make the most of it. :D Plus there's some amazing spots if you know where to look.

;-)

Come to Sydney!

• @0xdragon said:
    Come to Sydney!

Went there for my 16th birthday actually, was such a change of pace compared to the congested as fuck roads in Adelaide, especially seems a majority of the the main arterial roads are under repair / construction / modification.

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited November 2015

elgs said: I was trying to reason why OP needs to provide real info, because he AGREED the TOS. You cannot ask one to provide their real info with no reason, right?

If we're talking legal theory, to avoid fraud in U.S., I think you have to provide "real info" whenever the other party may suffer some type of harm from relying on the information if it is false.

The complex part of this is that the people who give false information are usually also the ones who will also cause a lot of headaches for providers, which makes an otherwise harmless situation fraudulent.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • Either I've scrolled to quick or someone's forgot to say this

"Trust is a 2 way thing. If you don't trust them with your details are they really going to trust you with a VPS?"

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • TinyTunnel_Tom said: "Trust is a 2 way thing. If you don't trust them with your details are they really going to trust you with a VPS?"

I agree. But how is a customer to trust the provider with their private details. Is there some kind of certification or vetting process whereby a provider can guarantee their respectability?

• @K4Y5 said:
    No decent provider would risk having customers who use fake info that is 'obvious',

That's what you think, not what happens in reality. Small hosts care mostly about real info because they fear scams more. Bigger hosts don't really care usually.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited November 2015

I find it a dick move to reject an order and then keep the money.

Just charge back your money and move on. If they add you to "fraudrecord", it will help you identify providers that don't suck.

• K4Y5 said: No decent provider would risk having customers who use fake info that is 'obvious', and risk dealing with fraudulent transactions and charge-backs.

Quite the contrary. Any decent provider will notice when fake info is "obvious" and contact their customer to figure something out.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

demands transparency from hosts, hides behind fake user details .....

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited November 2015

mikho said: demands transparency from hosts his money back

fixed

• elgselgs Member
    edited November 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Either I've scrolled to quick or someone's forgot to say this

"Trust is a 2 way thing. If you don't trust them with your details are they really going to trust you with a VPS?"

I think the whole deal should be based on neither party trusts the other. That's why ToS comes to play. As a user, your should never trust your provider, so you need to encrypt and backup your data. For a provider, you should never trust your users, so that you need to monitor what they are doing.

• @elgs said:
    I think the whole deal should be based on neither party trusts the other. That's why ToS comes to play. As a user, your should never trust your provider, so you need to encrypt and backup your data. For a provider, you should never trust your users, so that you need to monitor what they are doing.

If you can never trust your provider then you're clearly buying from very shady companies. Try purchasing from a good provider and you'll have nothing to worry about usually.

Thanked by 2Francisco jar
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

4n0nx said: fixed

It was more of a general comment, many users here scream about Provider transparency but still signs up with fake details.

• If you use fake details at least make them look real, it's the least you can do.

Thanked by 2Mark_R GM2015
  • deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Registered in Australia ABN

Registered businesses in Australia are required to act in a moral and conservative manner. Accounting records could be checked by an auditor and so, customer records must be stored securely and accurate.

When you ordered and made payment for the virtual server, you would have agreed to a contract and terms of conditions. That serves as a legal document, and the business makes the decisions whether they wish to provide you the service or break the contract for a violation.

From a business point of view, it does not matter if you have valid details on your PayPal but entered false details for a billing system. It could be stolen, or fraudulent in some way.

I do understand why some customers are concious about their details, especially with BitCoin users, and incorrect details will increase the risks in trading. If you are smart, then you would use similar details (name) but address could vary slightly. Country and IP should match.

Other business may elect to complete further verification, by telephone, ID or postal mail but that usually depends on the value of the services provided.

I've used fake info many times on different hosts, and haven't had problems

>

There are many hosting businesses that are not legally registered and operate. Not in all countries, is business registration required. Some businesses may not screen their customers at all.

• hello said: Really? Can i have a refund, because if i can't use fake info on SIGNUP, not from my paypal or whatever i used to pay with, then i don't want be with this host
    I've used fake info many times on different hosts, and haven't had problems
    Whatever i guess

Okay so let me get this straight

Admits to "having nothing to hide" yet signs up with fake details

Expects a reputable provider to give them service, even tho it's likely they're coming to commit a crime

Complains they got suspended when a provider won't let them commit a crime

Yeah, you don't deserve your money back. Get lost.

• If you said the reason your account was cancelled because of a VPN, that'ld been OK. But no...

You insistently avoid giving your real information to the host. They've have given you a free pass if you just provided those details to them right after they took action but instead you came here to badmouth them.

Put yourself in their shoes, would you have given service to such a shady character?

Also, as for legal contracts go I am pretty sure providing false information is a civil fraud.

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Wait, you mean you won most of the chargebacks even though they were stolen paypals and disputed as unauthorized? or the owners just pretended it was unauthorized to get their money back?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Four20 said:
    Wait, you mean you won most of the chargebacks even though they were stolen paypals and disputed as unauthorized? or the owners just pretended it was unauthorized to get their money back?

Both actually.

In many of the cases where a PayPal was stolen, PayPal still awarded us the funds and they took the hit since the fault was on their end.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Four20 ToggledNS
This discussion has been closed.