Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nvm - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nvm

Comments

• @pbgben said:
    Why register with false details if your PayPal has the correct ones? If they compare the PP details to the ones on account and there is a mismatch then they will cancel the account... Hell, they could even automate this!

I by default use fake details for everything, except my paypal or payment items

And can you people stop refering to my post on spoofing servers, like fuck

• andikliveandiklive Member
    edited November 2015

@FlamesRunner said:
    Here's the clause in their TOS saying they can suspend you for any reason:

> Refusal of Service
    > We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service, at our sole discretion.
    > 

@hello
    and before order, you agree there is NO Refunds for this (EvoBurst) service.
    may be you need upload id card for clarify.

one again, evoburst is one of vps provider that very sensitive about DMCA complaint. :v
    but have great service so far.

last month i have problem with DMCA (images) and its solved on cloudflare and domain registrar side. but one day later evoburst suspend vps without notice. thats strange compare to another vps provider that usually sent DMCA notice via ticket...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    My data with mxroute is legit, 100%!!!!!!

I believe you Shania Twain.

• Suspension is for a valid reason.
    You have 2 accounts with NO valid information.
    After you provide valid information your service will be unsuspended.

See, providing false details doesn't put a provider out, it puts you out.

nice....
    First account i can't even reset the password, which is why i made another one

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@elgs said:
    Otherwise I don't see why he has to provide correct information.

You can't just say 'i dont agree with your TOS, but give me service anyway'. We get countless people that feel the TOS doesn't apply to them "since no one reads them".

Ignorance isn't an excuse for not abiding by the rules because any time someone wants us to do something for them they suddenly start quoting the TOS like it's the freakin' bible.

Francisco

@pbgben said:
    Why register with false details if your PayPal has the correct ones? If they compare the PP details to the ones on account and there is a mismatch then they will cancel the account... Hell, they could even automate this!

Because 9 times out of 10 the paypal is also stolen.

When a chargeback comes in, paypal doesn't give a crap if you didn't put the effort in to have correct details on the customer because, tada, they'll claim 'unauthorized payment' to try to win.

The few chargebacks we do get, we win the majority of them.

Francisco

• that reason is not retarded at all.

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

So im interested of course, how would i go about not putting in real info on your site?

The paypal i use is 100% mines, i can promise you that

@hello said:

You have to provide accurate details at signup. Period.

Only after Aldryic's bloodlust is quenched will he allow you to request your details be redacted.

Francisco

Thanked by 3k0nsl ATHK Pwner
  • hello said: I've used fake info many times on different hosts, and haven't had problems

I'm sure we can all name the companies you do business with.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@hello said:

Most host don't allow you to change information after it is input + a payment so I'm guessing email them with the real information have it changed and request the service me un suspended, even still its at their own leisure if they want to un suspend or not. So I would be careful as to the outcome of this thread if you want to have a service with the company you registered with.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: You can't just say 'i dont agree with your TOS, but give me service anyway'. We get countless people that feel the TOS doesn't apply to them "since no one reads them".

I once had a customer say he no longer agreed to the terms after he got suspended, and as a result of his disagreement, he needs to be unsuspended.

Ignorance isn't an excuse for not abiding by the rules because any time someone wants us to do something for them they suddenly start quoting the TOS like it's the freakin' bible.

Exactly. People even love paraphrasing a portion of the terms that benefits them and disregard the other portions, so sometimes we get people that paste half a sentence and cut out the portion of the sentence that completely changes the meaning.

hello said: Really? Can i have a refund, because if i can't use fake info on SIGNUP, not from my paypal or whatever i used to pay with, then i don't want be with this host

I've used fake info many times on different hosts, and haven't had problems

They certainly have the right to suspend you / refuse your order since you're using fake information. However, if you're using fake information and they're not refunding you and not providing you service, then that's a little silly. If they believe your fake information could lead to fraud/chargeback, why would they want to keep your money?

However, their message just seems like they're willing to correct your information and re-instate your service. They will probably refund/cancel your order if you don't comply instead.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • That would be because i closed the account, because you provided false details.

I honestly do not care if you had the VPS for 1 second or 1 year. Providing false details is wrong on your part, considering between the two accounts the state even changes.

And also that you selected not once but twice to our No Refund Policy, PRIOR to purchase.

What is your issue about providing information? Think the NSA or some other abreviated goverment office wants your information.

Regards,
    Ryan B

Not sure how im supposed to respond to this

• You are meant to respond, with your information :-)

As you can see from the responses within this post, You should provide valid details, and should always expect someone to verify information.

Because, as Jar said, for Liability reasons, if you do something wrong on our services, and we have someone knocking at our door because of it and we come back with, "it was Sounds Sounds from Life, Florida or Life, Illinois" we will have to then more than likely take responsibility for what they are claiming, as obviously.. that name, in those "places" do not exist.

Thanked by 2trewq TheOnlyDK
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

hello said: Not sure how im supposed to respond to this

Provide them with your correct details and continue service?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @AutoSnipe said:
    You are meant to respond, with your information :-)

As you can see from the responses within this post, You should provide valid details, and should always expect someone to verify information.

Because, as Jar said, for Liability reasons, if you do something wrong on our services, and we have someone knocking at our door because of it and we come back with, "it was Sounds Sounds from Life, Florida or Life, Illinois" we will have to then more than likely take responsibility for what they are claiming, as obviously.. that name, in those "places" do not exist.

Can you do a exception for me and just refund? If its a firm no, ill send in details

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

hello said: Can you do a exception for me and just refund? If its a firm no, ill send in details

Life tip, if you want someone to do something they don't normally do - don't ask them in public.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • hello said: The paypal i use is 100% mines, i can promise you that

All UG says the same thing.

• @trewq worth a shot
    @comXyz what?

• @hello You said earlier you had nothing to hide, what's the issue with sending a provider your details? and in my opinion "because I don't want to" simply doesn't count. What's your actual reason ?

• @Umcookies said:
    hello You said earlier you had nothing to hide, what's the issue with sending a provider your details? and in my opinion "because I don't want to" simply doesn't count. What's your actual reason ?

I wonder if it has to do with him wanting to learn "spoofing"

Thanked by 3lbft ATHK Frecyboy
  • hello said: Can you do a exception for me and just refund? If its a firm no, ill send in details

This has already been discussed, I suggest you send in your details.

@VirtMach - I'm treating this as obviously this customer is the customer that paid from his own account, otherwise he wouldn't be fazed about a refund at all, because it wouldn't be his money.

More putting this down to, a lesson in life.

Do you go down to your local DMV (Department of Transport) or whatever, and go "Hi, my name is I. P. Freely, Can I have a license, but.. I shall pay you from my other card, which says that my name is John Smith"

The answer to that would be no, although.. with some local ServiceSA (the local version of DMV for me) people I probably could get a license like that. But, it's beside the point, and now I'm rambling...

• hellohello Member
    edited November 2015

@AutoSnipe said:
    The answer to that would be no, although.. with some local ServiceSA (the local version of DMV for me) people I probably could get a license like that. But, it's beside the point, and now I'm rambling...

You can't be serious. It is my money, if it wasn't my money, why would i be asking for a refund? I know idiots that card, and they don't even think twice, they just chargeback

I say idiots because that shit is illegal

My god

• You completely missed the point of what i was saying. (and, in fact.. i did say exactly what you just said)

You already have my answer. I'll just go sit in my corner of the interwebz.

• hello said: It is my money

Well no, it's their money now.

• @lbft said:
    Well no, it's their money now.

he was suggesting i card lol

Anyway ill send in some info some tme later

• Don't feed the troll

• hello said: he was suggesting i card lol

No, I was not.

Read what I said, with an open mind, not a closed one. And you will see that I said,

"I'm treating this as obviously this customer is the customer that paid from his own account, " (Note, this is in fact a quote, from the post which you are complaining about, saying that I'm implying you card.)

• promise != proof.

Promising means nothing. I can steal your Paypal account and easily promise that this is my account. See?

If you ask them to accept your fake information, will you reimburse their lost when some of other fake customers did something wrong?

I don't think they will reject your request if you kindly put $10,000 there as a security deposit in case you do something wrong and run away.

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited November 2015

On topic:
    @hello do you remember saying this a few minutes ago?

Can you do a exception for me and just refund? If its a firm no, ill send in details

They said no, no need to grill them over sticking to their original decision. Especially when you indirectly said you were fine with it.

Offtopic:

@AutoSnipe said:
    The answer to that would be no, although.. with some local ServiceSA

Noooo shit, you're in Adelaide?

This discussion has been closed.