Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    VPS Needed, 2 Core, 2 GB RAM, 75 GB+ Storage
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    VPS Needed, 2 Core, 2 GB RAM, 75 GB+ Storage

    JunklessJunkless Member
    edited November 2015 in Requests

    A client of mine is looking to replace his existing VPS, so need something which comes with a WHMCS Module to reboot/reinstall the VPS from the client area. Here are the current specs :

    2 Core

    2 GB Memory

    100 GB Disk (actual usage is < 10 GB)

    2 IPs

    4 TB Bandwidth

    OVZ

    5$ a month

    Any comparable/better offers ?

    Comments

    • 2 fairly normal core not likely at that price.

      http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-ssd.xml

      Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

    • cociucociu Member, Provider

      i can oofer you this in romania for 6 eur/mo please PM if you are interesed

    • @GM2015 said:
      2 fairly normal core not likely at that price.

      http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-ssd.xml

      The CPU usage isn't that high. It is being used for development as of now.

      @cociu said:
      i can offer you this in romania for 6 eur/mo please PM if you are interesed

      Thanks. Can you share complete specs and any IP/LG to test ?

    • @cociu said:
      Junkless its your specs

      But you are offering more cores and HDD for a similar price in your signature. What is the difference ?

    • No other offers ? Dayum.... is it LET/BF or what ?

    • mike0000mike0000 Member
      edited November 2015

      @Junkless I've got 2x BoltVM specials from last black friday that just auto renewed today (stupid paypal subscription I forgot..).. 2 cores/2GB ram/100GB SSD/2TB bw - $18/year. Or 2 cores/2GB/200GB SSD-Cached/2TB - $18/yr.

      They just renewed today so make me an offer if either of those will work.

      Edit: both in Los Angeles

    • cociucociu Member, Provider

      @Junkless said:

      No diference , only this is a fixed packages so you can buy more for less

    • @mikeyur said:
      Junkless I've got 2x BoltVM specials from last black friday that just auto renewed today (stupid paypal subscription I forgot..).. 2 cores/2GB ram/100GB SSD/2TB bw - $18/year. Or 2 cores/2GB/200GB SSD-Cached/2TB - $18/yr.

      They just renewed today so make me an offer if either of those will work.

      Edit: both in Los Angeles

      Deals look awesome. But is boltVM reliable ? Any bench.sh results ? And how does the transfer work ? Any ip to check ping ?

    • @cociu said:
      No diference , only this is a fixed packages so you can buy more for less

      Ok, sounds nice. But again, any IP or looking glass available for this plan ?

    • @Junkless Will have to ask @Steven_F if transfers are doable, but I wouldn't see why not - pretty simple procedure.

      System Info
      -----------
      Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
      CPU Cores   : 2
      Frequency   : 3400.199 MHz
      Memory      : 2048 MB
      Swap        : 2048 MB
      Uptime      : 319 days, 17:21,
      
      OS      : Debian GNU/Linux 7
      Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
      Kernel      : 2.6.32-042stab102.9
      Hostname    : losawesome
      
      
      Speedtest (IPv4 only)
      ---------------------
      Your public IPv4 is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
      
      Location        Provider    Speed
      CDN         Cachefly    66.4MB/s
      
      Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      33.2MB/s
      Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   64.3MB/s
      Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   59.4MB/s
      San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   97.4MB/s
      Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   5.42MB/s
      
      Tokyo, Japan        Linode      7.23MB/s
      Singapore       Softlayer   12.3MB/s
      
      Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     6.42MB/s
      Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    6.78MB/s
      
      
      Disk Speed
      ----------
      I/O (1st run)   : 678 MB/s
      I/O (2nd run)   : 690 MB/s
      I/O (3rd run)   : 694 MB/s
      Average I/O : 687.333 MB/s
      Thanked by 1Junkless
    • Need a couple more of these, any other offers?

    • Could use the Wable powerboost package for a use case not involving email /customers (reselling) or any handholding from vps support.

      (serious infrastructure issues will be treated with seriousness AFAIK)

      As long as there's no abuse, wable works great with ramnode-like uptime. (see caveats above)

      Thanked by 1Junkless

      Trusted Provider ultravps[.]eu in AMS/LON/DAL/LAX/Moldova/Düsseldorf :
      2GB KVM(SSD 60GB) starts €33.6/yr (Limited Stock) <-- bonus discount (~7.5% off in 1st year for new clients.)

    • Wable allows only 1 powerboost per user and I already have one for myself.. Sadly.

      How is virmach or evo burst?

    • Evoburst is great i have lot of package with them they will be reasonable if we are reasonable what about scaleway

      Make your choice on your own But i can help you to make them right.

    • JunklessJunkless Member
      edited November 2015

      Scaleway won't work, development server, ARM won't work for them.

    • Any provider with a WHMCS module to reboot the VPS?

    • Is this request more absurd than people asking 2 Gig memory Windows VPS for 1$ per month?

    • Hey @junkless
      My input is a bit late here but our Black friday weekend pricing is still valid.

      https://www.aboveclouds.co.uk/pricing.html

      Hypervisors are a minmum of 2 x E5 Procs, Pure SSD RAID 10 Protected Arrays.

      I'll post the benchmarks publicly in the offer thread shortly, but you should expect to see around 650 - 800 MB/s in terms of I/O.

      AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

      High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

    • @Jacob said:
      Hey junkless
      My input is a bit late here but our Black friday weekend pricing is still valid.

      https://www.aboveclouds.co.uk/pricing.html

      Hypervisors are a minmum of 2 x E5 Procs, Pure SSD RAID 10 Protected Arrays.

      I'll post the benchmarks publicly in the offer thread shortly, but you should expect to see around 650 - 800 MB/s in terms of I/O.

      What will be the monthly pricing for advanced cloud (2 Gig) plan? Any test ip? Tos/aup page link if possible (on mobile now).

      Also, do you provide any WHMCS module to start/stop the vm from the client area?

    • Junkless said: which comes with a WHMCS Module to reboot/reinstall the VPS from the client area.

      What exactly do you mean by that? Is it a reseller option or just an ordinary reboot/restart/reinstall feature?

    • @bersy said:
      What exactly do you mean by that? Is it a reseller option or just an ordinary reboot/restart/reinstall feature?

      Dont need any reseller features (automatic provisioning or anything). Just a panel to reboot/restart/reinstall and check the usage graphs (like a few providers already do).

    • What about Delimiter's KVM resource pool:

      If you pay annually you get double resources, so order 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 250GB disk for $6/month, pay it annually and get 2CPU, 2GB, 500GB disk

      Use coupon BF15-KVMRP-DOUBLE

      https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/cloud-resource-pool/

    • @MarkTurner said:
      What about Delimiter's KVM resource pool:

      If you pay annually you get double resources, so order 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 250GB disk for $6/month, pay it annually and get 2CPU, 2GB, 500GB disk

      Use coupon BF15-KVMRP-DOUBLE

      https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/cloud-resource-pool/

      sadly, paying annually is NOT an option :(

    • HassanHassan Member, Provider
      edited November 2015

      Hello,

      We have the following available:

      2048MB RAM
      2048MB vSWAP
      120GB HW RAID10 Protected HDD
      4TB Bandwidth
      1Gbit Port
      Up to 2 Free IPv4 Addresses (Please select two)
      Virtualizor Control Panel
      Los Angeles, CA

      $5/mo using promocode: 00BF2ZZNV5

      LA Order link: http://hostodo.com/portal/pewpew/configproducts.php?action=edit&id=15
      Miami Order link: https://hostodo.com/portal/cart.php?a=add&pid=45

      Test IPv4: LA.hostodo.com
      Test IPv6: LA6.hostodo.com
      http://LA.hostodo.com/10mb.test
      http://LA.hostodo.com/100mb.test

      Test IPv4: MIA.hostodo.com
      Test IPv6: MIA6.hostodo.com
      http://MIA.hostodo.com/10mb.test
      http://MIA.hostodo.com/100mb.test

      You can reboot from WHMCS :)

    • @Hassan said:
      Hello,

      We have the following available:

      You can reboot from WHMCS :)

      How many CPU cores and which CPU ? Node specs ?

    • HassanHassan Member, Provider
      edited November 2015

      @Junkless said:
      How many CPU cores and which CPU ? Node specs ?

      4 shared CPU cores, Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 Quad Core

      Full node specs:

      Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 Quad Core - 3.40Ghz, 8M Cache, 5GT/s DMI, HyperThreading
      32GB DDR3-1600 ECC RAM
      4x 2TB SATA 7,200RPM Enterprise HDD
      Hardware RAID-10 via LSI 9271-4i w/CVM
      1Gbit port speed

    • I was abou to mention Hostodo too)

      Do you really need 4TB bandwidth?

    • JunklessJunkless Member
      edited November 2015

      @bersy said:
      I was abou to mention Hostodo too)

      Do you really need 4TB bandwidth?

      Nope. the server is not using 100 GB bandwidth presently. But the current specs have 4 GB, I might convince them to go for less as well (1 TB or so)

      How reliable is Hostodo ? Have you ever used them ?

    • OK, HostUS have 2GB VPS, additional IP is $1.5/m.

    • JunklessJunkless Member
      edited November 2015

      @bersy said:
      OK, HostUS have 2GB VPS, additional IP is $1.5/m.

      I can do with just 1 ip as well, if it comes to that. But the plan is for double the current price :(

    • bersybersy Member
      edited November 2015

      Junkless said: But the plan is for double the current price :(

      $10/quarterly

    • JunklessJunkless Member
      edited November 2015

      @bersy said:

      Ohh..Missed that :P

      But do they offer the WHMCS module ?

    • bersybersy Member
      edited November 2015

      I have no idea as for WHMCS module. They use in-house CP, reboot/restart/reinstall is available.

    • Hey, apologies for the late reply.

      The Advanced Cloud comes out at £2.88 per month, £0.004 per hour.

      Here's the offer thread with more details.. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/69605/aboveclouds-auto-scalable-cloud-hosting-pure-ssd-custom-control-panel-hourly-billing

      Legal:
      https://www.aboveclouds.co.uk/legal/
      https://www.aboveclouds.co.uk/aup/

      Here's the benchmark results:
      http://pastebin.com/P3gWA3bw

      Anything else just let me know, just bare in mind that this pricing will no longer be valid after midnight.

      @Junkless said:
      Also, do you provide any WHMCS module to start/stop the vm from the client area?

      AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

      High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

    • @Jacob said:
      Hey, apologies for the late reply.

      The Advanced Cloud comes out at £2.88 per month, £0.004 per hour.

      Here's the offer thread with more details.. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/69605/aboveclouds-auto-scalable-cloud-hosting-pure-ssd-custom-control-panel-hourly-billing

      Legal:
      https://www.aboveclouds.co.uk/legal/
      https://www.aboveclouds.co.uk/aup/

      Here's the benchmark results:
      http://pastebin.com/P3gWA3bw

      Anything else just let me know, just bare in mind that this pricing will no longer be valid after midnight.

      Also, do you provide any WHMCS module to start/stop the vm from the client area?

      Midnight as in how many hours from now?

      Any refund policy you have, just in case?

    • Sorry about that I should have mentioned, my local time zone is GMT.

      That's 2 hours and 43 Minutes from now :)

      If you're not happy within the initial 14 days, you can express your rights as a consumer and request for a full refund, hassle free.

      @Junkless said:
      Any refund policy you have, just in case?

      AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

      High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

    • Damn. That's too soon.

      I take that as a NO on the WHMCS module thingy?

    • Not entirely sure what you mean in regards to the WHMCS Module, we don't use WHMCS or SolusVM.

      We've developed our own Control Panel with an inbuilt billing / ordering / provisioning system.

      The control panel has all the usual goodies that you would expect, along with automatic reverse DNS, IP Assignment, deletion, etc.

      @Junkless said:
      Damn. That's too soon.

      I take that as a NO on the WHMCS module thingy?

      AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

      High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

    • @Jacob

      where is your company actually based? all i can find is a post box (virtual address)

      I AM BACK :)
      Working Windows Server 2012 R2 on 6GB! Beat that!

    • Let's stay on-topic, but to answer your question. Their is no physical office, the mailbox gets picked up every couple of months, as it's in the city.. parking is pretty much non existant or a pain in the arse.

      @TarZZ92 said:
      Jacob

      where is your company actually based? all i can find is a post box (virtual address)

      AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

      High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

    • Jacob said: Let's stay on-topic, but to answer your question. Their is no physical office, the mailbox gets picked up every couple of months, as it's in the city.. parking is pretty much non existant or a pain in the arse.

      it's a fair question, if the OP (or even me) was interested would need to know something about the company. you could do a runner for example.

      Thanked by 1Junkless

      I AM BACK :)
      Working Windows Server 2012 R2 on 6GB! Beat that!

    • Sure, so could anyone else.

      I've been around here for a while.

      If you have any other questions either drop them in the offer thread which is open, or drop a private message my way.

      @TarZZ92 said:

      AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

      High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

    • Jacob said: Sure, so could anyone else.

      Certainly hence why i ask for more info rather than post addresses/forwarders etc

      I AM BACK :)
      Working Windows Server 2012 R2 on 6GB! Beat that!

    • So Hostus, Hostodo and Virmach are looking like viable options (Jacobs offer expired).

      Which one is more reliable? Any other options?

    • Hey @Junkless, I've extended it until the end of today (End of Monday, GMT) as per the offer thread.

      Even at normal pricing it's a bargain, but if you have any questions at all feel free to fire them over :)

      Cheers,

      Jacob.

      @Junkless said:
      So Hostus, Hostodo and Virmach are looking like viable options (Jacobs offer expired).

      Which one is more reliable? Any other options?

      AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

      High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

    • @Jacob said:
      Hey Junkless, I've extended it until the end of today (End of Monday, GMT) as per the offer thread.

      Even at normal pricing it's a bargain, but if you have any questions at all feel free to fire them over :)

      Cheers,

      Jacob.

      Thanks for the gesture. Really appreciate it. But a WHMCS module (to reboot/reinstall the vm from my client area) is a non negotiable requirement, sadly.

      Thanked by 1Jacob
    Sign In or Register to comment.