Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why on earth can I NOT access Creative.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why on earth can I NOT access Creative.com?

eastoncheastonch Member
edited December 2012 in General

Hey.

(Third thread of the day; but this is a fustrating issue now.)

I've recently acquired a SoundBlaster Titanium Fatality Series Sound-Card today and wanted to install the drivers (It was a refurb from e-bay); It's working fine on native, but I wanted to have all the fancy Creative stuffs!

Everytime I go to access the site; I just get:

• Using my OVH box I can access it through Lynx, but that interface is horrific and I can't navigate around as I'd want to.
  • Using a web-based proxy works fine too, though won't allow me to download through it.

I've tried:

• Flushing DNS Cache
  • Rebooting?
  • Using a VM
  • Using my phone

According to my Phone, Tracert and Ping, uk.creative.com / creative.com / support.creative.com are all 'unknown' hosts.
Though they work completely fine on friends nets; my VPS's; even down or not.

So, right now, I'm stuck for ideas really; it was working this morning and nothing has changed in regards to my config.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• If it's any help, I can't access it either from home or office.

• Works fine here (Virgin Media)

• Setup dynamic (Socks) proxy to your OVH box using PuTTY and make your browser use that?

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited December 2012

Additional info:

My router allows me to 'ping' test from it, itself, and that seems to be fine; however all devices are saying 'no' to this site; for whatever reason. I initially thought it was kaspersky having a moment, but clearly not when my Phone is now denying me access, along with the laptop too.

Confuzzled.

@ShardHost Really? TalkTalk?

@Patrick My friend in Scotland was able to access this too.

@BronzeByte Tried it; didnt work. Seriously, like, I tried OpenVPN, HMA, CyberGhost and even socks v5 routing like my firefox is set to anyway; still, no go.

• Both creative.com and uk.creative.com are working for me here in 'murrikah. Maybe some issue with your ISP?

• Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and try that.

• @damian

I'm confused, since my home router can access it through it's inbuilt diagnostics; though devices on the network can't.

It's strange. It's not like it's anything with a subdomain, it's literally just this one site.

• can access uk.creative.com from 3G and home connection in Netherlands

• Trust me, change the DNS on your machine once, and than try it. Your running what OS ?

• @eastonch said: though devices on the network can't.

What happens if you traceroute from any of those devices?

• @Damian "unknown hostname".

@BronzeByte yeah; 3G is fine.

@DarkNessends

Changed my DNS, works perfectly. Must be the DNS Resolver of TalkTalk on the fritz again... Fuck sakes.

• He He - :)

• @darknessends said: He He - :)

Don't spam...

• @eastonch said: Must be the DNS Resolver of TalkTalk on the fritz again... Fuck sakes.

Most ISPs really have shitty DNS resolvers. Here in the US, AT&T's are down at least 25% of the time, same for other ISPs, in my experience.

• @NickM said: Most ISPs really have shitty DNS resolvers. Here in the US, AT&T's are down at least 25% of the time, same for other ISPs, in my experience.

+1 on this. I recently hax0red my cable modem so that I could log in and set Google's servers as the DNS servers, instead of my ISP's terrible servers that went offline at least once a week.

• Never had this problem before; I was actually just thinking about using OpenDNS the other day, so I've swapped it from the ones @Darknessends gave me (Google DNS) to OpenDNS's.

Makes me want to have my own DNS servers now though. ;)

• Its working for me on Virgin Media with OpenDNS.

• @eastonch said: @ShardHost Really? TalkTalk?

Home = talktalk

office = talktalk business