Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memory Usage for Apache, MariaDB, PHP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Memory Usage for Apache, MariaDB, PHP

Hi,

Please tell me more abut how its possible to set Apache and MariaDB with my-small.cnf and, PHP with basic settings set to eat about 512mb of ram? because mine os(centos) basic eat 1 GB without set anything. So i not really understand how its possibile to use a 512 MB RAM vps for web hosting etc or less...?

Thanks!

Comments

• Is this another linuxatemyram.com question? Or are they actually used by the system? Unless if you install a lot of things on your server, the "basic" server shouldn't use 1GB of ram.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Is this another linuxatemyram.com question? Or are they actually used by the system? Unless if you install a lot of things on your server, the "basic" server shouldn't use 1GB of ram.

Hmm! May be yes. BTW how is possible webhosting with 512MB RAM?

1. For apache, use worker/event instead prefork mpm
    2. For mysql, use my-small.cnf and copy to /etc/my.cnf.d/server.cnf and make sure use myisam or aria as storage engine
    3. For php, use php-fpm with dynamic or ondemand process manager
    Thanked by 1miklos
  • AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited November 2015

4) Use debian instead of centos. Debian is slim by default. With CentOS you have to work to get memory usage down.

• @miklos said:
    Hmm! May be yes. BTW how is possible webhosting with 512MB RAM?

Debian, Lighttpd, PHP and MySQL use about 60MB RAM and run perfectly on a 128MB VPS.

• You sure ram isn't cached?