Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Mobile?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Mobile?

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited December 2012 in General

Hello,

Having just got myself a tablet for Christmas, I want to depend on it more so than my laptop as it's just more convenient. Is the WHMCS android app worth the money at all or not? Is there a better way to do it than the android app?

Cheers guys, and happy Christmas!!

Comments

• Do not waste your money, it sucks.

• @Jack said: Open a sales ticket they give you 50% off btw.

Still not worth it :/

• @jack why do you even need to login if you can simply reply via email and let whmcs import?

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Jack said: It's good on Android but Shite on iOS.

It's Android so that would be fine.

@Jack said: Open a sales ticket they give you 50% off btw.

Will do that if I consider getting the app, thanks :)

Are there any other apps that are better if the official WHMCS one is awful? I don't do importing, because I host emails externally and things get messy..and it doesn't always work. And it would be good to have full access rather than just emails.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@dominicl said: Is the WHMCS android app worth the money at all or not?

Yes, definitely worth it. I use the app multiple times a day and use my tablet more than my desktop when I'm at home these days.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

@Jack said: Chrome Browser is good on both iOS and Android.

Will look at using Chrome instead, thanks. Just fancied an app such as the Zendesk one which is cool rather than using the browser.

@KuJoe said: Yes, definitely worth it. I use the app multiple times a day and use my tablet more than my desktop when I'm at home these days.

Thanks :) Might open up a sales ticket to see if they can discount it.

• @Dominic
    ConnectBot & Hacker's Keyboard

• @Zen said: I was disappointed at how scarce the SSH apps for iOS are. I hacked my touch just to get a decent SSH app installed on it for remote management.

Have you looked at Prompt?

• edited December 2012

@dominicl said: I don't do importing, because I host emails externally and things get messy..and it doesn't always work.

It's actually not too difficult to get setup. I use Amazon SES for outbound and Google Apps for inbound. Inbound e-mails to accounts that are associated with a support department are simply forwarded to the server and subsequently piped into WHMCS; essentially, instant import.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2012

New version of WHMCS for iOS coming soon, surely android too. Wait for it.

@Zen said: how scarce the SSH apps for iOS are

iSSH is fine. I use it all the time. One button bugs on iPod for some reason though. Tunnel over VPN to nodes for administration while I drive ;)

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Prompt is another good SSH app for IOS. I think it is on sale right now for 1.99.

• @jarland you drive while administrate server? 0_o

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

For WHMCS forget it, it's much easier to use the web-interface on a tablet. ;)

• @Taz Sure, he might when hes in traffic.

• @jarland

Sorry for going offtopic, What kind of vpn do you use?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Taz said: you drive while administrate server? 0_o

I like to live life on the edge.

@taronyu said: Sorry for going offtopic, What kind of vpn do you use?

App called VPN Express sets up PPTP and L2TP on your iPad and is by far the cheapest VPN I've used that actually allows me up to 10mbit without a single speed issue. Since I don't know how clear their security is, I SSH tunnel through some less important but decently secured servers to get to the nodes.

• @jarland

I was hoping that you got a nice free openvpn app :p

• iOS + OpenVPN = -,-'

Android is somewhere there, but the only reliable app needs you to root, which too is -_-'

• The iPhone APP sucks, wonder if the Android one is any better.