Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rdp providers that will install linux on request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rdp providers that will install linux on request

Considering buying one, would like to know my options :)

Comments

• Lol

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Do you mean Linux providers that will install xrdp on request?

• @jarland said:
    Do you mean Linux providers that will install xrdp on request?

Don't understand what you mean :p

Like xeonrdp.com, they offer windows, but not linux
    I want a provider that'll offer linux

edited November 2015

hello said: Like xeonrdp.com, they offer windows, but not linux I want a provider that'll offer linux

RDP is a Windows protocol. You can only install xrdp on Linux to make use of RDP software, but it is basically just a front-end for VNC, meaning the performance/quality is not equal to RDP but equal to VNC.

There are Linux alternatives that are comparable in performance/quality, but not quite RDP.

• hellohello Member
    edited November 2015

@jarland said:
    There are Linux alternatives that are comparable in performance/quality, but not quite RDP.

Oh, ok then lol, well im retarded

What providers would you recommend for vps, rdp, or dedi hosting?

Considering you may be the owner of this site you might have more knowledge

edit: oh god, theres a multi

Some fool just pmed me about ampnode, god

hello said: Considering you may be the owner of this site you might have more knowledge

Not quite, just a moderator :)

But Kimsufi has server templates ready to go with x2go built in. It is somewhat similar to RDP in performance/quality, you just have to use an x2go client to connect.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Hi

We can provide you KVM VPS , and you can switch between windows & Linux OS any time

• You probably want something like X2go.
    http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php

or

VNC Over SSH

• bookstackbookstack Member
    edited November 2015

Well, technically you can get RDP from Linux, that is exactly my ex-employer Skytap did.

They offer the Linux VM via VMWare, and encode the VNC to RDP, and allow the customer using a HTML5 client to access the linux VM in RDP protocol. RDP protocol is much more elastic, and latency resilient.

• jarland said: just a moderator :)

Not just any moderator, your a super moderator :)

• jarland said: RDP is a Windows protocol. You can only install xrdp on Linux to make use of RDP software, but it is basically just a front-end for VNC, meaning the performance/quality is not equal to RDP but equal to VNC.

Actually, xrdp, when using the VNC backend, still uses the RDP protocol over the network. Thus it has different performance characteristics than either VNC or the Windows RDP implementation. While encoding updates as RDP, it only "sees" pixel updates from VNC and cannot send smart drawing commands over RDP like Windows RDP does.

But OP should use VNC on Linux, it works great.

• Actually xrdp can use X11rdp as the backend. The performance is much better than using VNC as backend. You can easily install the latest version of xrdp and X11rdp using X11RDP-o-Matic.