Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice/suggest about vps provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Advice/suggest about vps provider

Hello,
I've never use VPS before. and this first time i will try (still not sure anyway). Just found blackfriday deals for 1GB RAM with price average 12/year. the list are: vpeasy - EvoBurst - Ethernet Servers . Please help me to choose which the best? also 1GB is enough to host wordpress site?
Thanks

Comments

• You could give evoburst a try. Decent product considering the cost and their support is friendly.

Thanked by 1artman
  • If you have never used vps go for a managed one. Those are unmanaged vps (no help is included).

Thanked by 1artman
  • Assuming you want to learn? 1Go RAM is MORE than enough :)

From that 3 option, go with evoburst at least they got representative here on LET :)

Blackfriday is not start yet, you might wanna wait for "better" deals

Thanked by 1artman
  • For production use, go with some well known providers like ramnode, buyvm, linode, do, vultr, etc.

For learning, evo is not bad. (I got 2 of them, they are slow for production use, but nice for learning)

Thanked by 1artman
  • Learn linux on virtualbox or digitalocean.

Thanked by 1artman
  • 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

Hi, Check out our 1GB Yearly deal for $12. We'll also provide help if needed as well. https://hostingbox.us/manage/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=121

Thanked by 1artman
  • artmanartman Member
    edited November 2015

Thank for all advise. Learn VPS yes.. but i will move my wp site from shared hosting to vps. current i use 5gb space. i dont know about RAM :). my budget is limit so impossible to rent Manage vps. im still waiting for better deals until friday. hostingbox.us will add to my list. but as i dont know anything which good vps, suggest from other member is important. anyway why digitalocean?

• artman said: Thank for all advise. Learn VPS yes.. but i will move my wp site from shared hosting to vps. current i use 5gb space. i dont know about RAM :). my budget is limit so impossible to rent Manage vps. im still waiting for better deals until friday. hostingbox.us will add to my list. but as i dont know anything which good vps, suggest from other member is important. anyway why digitalocean?

>

If it isn't a hobby, I would advise that you spend a little more and go with a more reputable unmanaged provider or stick with your shared hosting.... $12/ Yr is just asking for it really with the specs you're wanting.

Thanked by 1artman
  • Can you give me an advise reputable unmanaged provider with reasonable price? im sure this Friday most provider will give huge discount :). even isn't a hobby but my site still no traffic yet. less 1K/day

• Would you like your coffee with sugar or without?

artman said: Can you give me an advise reputable unmanaged provider with reasonable price?

Thanked by 1artman
  • with of course :)

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited November 2015

Evoburst is good. @AutoSnipe surely can get you a decent deal.

Thanked by 1artman
  • souensouen Member
    edited November 2015

I've not had service with any of the three and can't comment on them, but 1 GB RAM for WP is more than enough. You can also throw in WP caching to reduce load and speed things up.

About 1 GB for $12/year ... it depends on how much risk you're willing to take. I have one with another provider, it's been over a year and running fine. At that price chances are they don't come with an SLA, so if it's critical, set up failover and get something from a solid provider (see the recently voted top 10 for a starting point) with an uptime guarantee, 24x7 support, etc.

Thanked by 1artman
  • Seem Evoburst the first choice for my 3 list. Thank souen for mention those thread and i have more choice before friday :)