Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a storage vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a storage vps

Hi all,

I have a storage vps <200gb with a provider on here however their support is a bit hit and miss (more so miss)

Who does cheap (ish) storage vps's with good support

I want it for hosting owncloud and ftp

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Chip

Comments

• BuyVM

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

I can offer for $10/month , KVM VPS , 2GB Ram , 200GB Space , 2TB Bandwidth , 2xCPU

or

LET Price : $7/month , KVM VPS , 1GB Ram , 200GB Space , 1TB Bandwidth , 1xCPU

LET Price : $5/month , KVM VPS , 512MB , 200GB Space , 500GB Bandwidth , 1xCPU

• you can check my signature @chip

• Storage you say ? @Time4vps all the way !

• Delimiter:

KVM Full-HA (compute, storage, network) - 250GB Disk, 1GB RAM, 1 Core $6/month

Its a proper non-crippled service, you won't find yourself limited to 100 IOPS or some fractional bandwidth.

• Perhaps there should be a sticky for this?

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Open ticket at https://drserver.net/drbill/ and I'll see what I can quote.

• look my Signature

• if Europe then @time4vps(512GB HDD) if not node you will get good support and lowend price but own cloud can't hosted there i think

can any one correct me i don't have any exp time4vps

• simonindia said: but own cloud can't hosted there i think

It's a vps, why should it be not possible to use owncloud?

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited November 2015

@simonindia said:

Actually they have a 'storage' version of OS which IIRC includes preconfigured
    Owncloud.

Edit: Yep - Centos with Owncloud

• Is time4vps any good? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they had bad support (might not have been them though)

Chip

• @chip said:
    Is time4vps any good? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they had bad support (might not have been them though)

>

It's not that the support is bad but it can not do very much since the servers and the drives in particular are filled to the brim.
    Remember that a company needs to make a profit and with an offer like this you have to expect them to cut some corners as in heavily throttled IO speed for example.

• Are there any providers who provide storage like time4vps but use KVM instead, but still in LEB price range, or close enough?

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

what is "cheap (ish)"?

either way, wait for a black friday sale and get the best bang for your buck... shouldn't be hard to find a great discount from a quality provider :)

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

You may want to consider our KVM 512mb RAM, 1 core, 1TB Bandwidth, 250GB Raid 10 HDD storage VPS for $3.50/m, not very close to Time4VPS but KVM.

https://billing.spartanhost.net/cart.php?gid=15 with 'storage30' coupon.

• rchurch said: Are there any providers who provide storage like time4vps but use KVM instead, but still in LEB price range, or close enough?

Yes - Delimiter and its FULL HA KVM

• Cheap ish, I guess by that I mean not overly priced but I understand for more I'm going to be paying more (a company has to make a profit and all)

I'm currently on a very cheap storage plan but the support is lacking (I can't complain because it costs less than 10 dollars a quarter) but I need something with better support because I'm using owncloud more

@Virpus said:
    what is "cheap (ish)"?

either way, wait for a black friday sale and get the best bang for your buck... shouldn't be hard to find a great discount from a quality provider :)

Thanked by 1Virpus
  • VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

and what's been the issue with support? examples?

$10/qtr is definitely cheapish... again, wait for BF and see if you can upgrade to a new provider close to the same discounted price.

Good luck :)

@chip said:
    Cheap ish, I guess by that I mean not overly priced but I understand for more I'm going to be paying more (a company has to make a profit and all)

I'm currently on a very cheap storage plan but the support is lacking (I can't complain because it costs less than 10 dollars a quarter) but I need something with better support because I'm using owncloud more

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

simonindia said: but own cloud can't hosted there i think

We have ownCloud OS template in order to achieve fastest possible ownCloud deployment. So yes, we support ownCloud.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited November 2015

@time4vps said:

thanks for clarifying the doubt about the owncloud deployment

can we install any linux distribution we want like a Normal openvz vps

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

simonindia said: can we install any linux distribution we want like a Normal openvz vps

Yes, you can install and use any OS listed here: http://www.time4vps.eu/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=189

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • The issues with support are that it takes over a day to respond I don't want to name them because other than slow support they are a very good host (uptime is 100% if not close enough and when they do respond they give useful answers) and have been very helpful when I needed them

chip

@Virpus said:
    and what's been the issue with support? examples?

$10/qtr is definitely cheapish... again, wait for BF and see if you can upgrade to a new provider close to the same discounted price.

Good luck :)

• chip said: The issues with support are that it takes over a day to respond

There are people that don't work at night. Maybe you are in a different time zone?

• @MarkTurner said:

Where are they located? Very interested in that :-)

• ProjectpopProjectpop Member
    edited November 2015

serverhub? 5bucks for 500GB

• I think I probably am in a different time zone, but I'm now at the point where I'm going to need more space and bandwidth and might as well upgrade on the tech support as well (just incase I do need it in an emergency)

Chip

@Frecyboy said:
    There are people that don't work at night. Maybe you are in a different time zone?

• Sounds a bit too cheap to be any good

@Projectpop said:
    serverhub? 5bucks for 500GB

• iKeyZ said: Where are they located? Very interested in that :-)

Atlanta, USA for now

• MarkTurner said: Yes - Delimiter and its FULL HA KVM

6.5$ per 250GB is not 2015. More like 2012.

Thanked by 1vimalware