Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

2GB RAM VPS for ideally around $12/y
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

2GB RAM VPS for ideally around $12/y

RoadieRoadie Member
    edited November 2015 in Requests

Hello.

I'm looking for a VPS in the USA. Looking for 2GB of ram and ideally a price point of around $12 a year.

Comments

• blackblack Member
      edited November 2015

Maybe next year you can get it for that price.

• Wait for a provider with a wand to make a magic deal like that for you. Even dacentec only does $10/y payment for 512mb ovz container.

image1

Thanked by 1doghouch

Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

• RoadieRoadie Member
      edited November 2015

Thats why i said "ideally", i'm open to other offers which cost a bit more. I found that Ethernetservers have a vps with 1.5 GB for $15/y

• Just asking: What will the VPS do?
      Maybe you don't really need 2gb but other software or better optimised software.

tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

• you can get 1GB ram /20GB ssd /2TB BW for

12Euro/year from @arubacloud

But 2GB ram is hard to get

Make your choice on your own But i can help you to make them right.

• Look Like You Almost Want To Get It For Free. Yes May Be Its Possible To Get A VPS For $12 USD/year But With 2GB Of RAM Its Simply Impossible.

HOSTBD24 - Performance & Stability Around The Clock | Skype: hostbd24
      Affordable OpenVZ VPS | KVM VPS | Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers - Asia Optimized Network | Multiple Locations

• Roadie said: Thats why i said "ideally", i'm open to other offers which cost a bit more. I found that Ethernetservers have a vps with 1.5 GB for $15/y

Not seeing that price but, if it exists, I'd go with that. :P Provided you actually need those specs at that price....

Just remember, providers who are offering dirt cheap pricing have to cut corners somewhere. If they own their IP space, it's a big help but they could be using it more profitably than providing a $12 VPS. They might overload their servers, have extremely slow replies to support queries, use a crappy network, have regular downtime etc.

https://o0.nz - A free and fast image host. Powered by a Bunny and a Pony!

• At least he didn't use the word "cheap" on the title, right @emre?

I'm here to collect your heart

• @DalComp said:
      At least he didn't use the word "cheap" on the title, right emre?

Would like to see if somebody is going to leave XD lol

• Yes, they are all trolls, I hope you guys realise that :) Just ignore the threads.

Thanked by 3paily simonindia tux

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• Use case please.

Some apps that require large amounts of RAM like Gitlab, javaapps don't play predictably nice with OpenVZ
      (the only virt tech, any provider would be crazy enough to make an offer @ your price)

Trusted Provider ultravps[.]eu in AMS/LON/DAL/LAX/Moldova/Düsseldorf :
      2GB KVM(SSD 60GB) starts €33.6/yr (Limited Stock) <-- bonus discount (~7.5% off in 1st year for new clients.)

• Wow guys sorry for asking, you really make sure that new people feel welcome here, NOT!. So the usecase is that the vps will run a groupware application that works best with a memory assignment around the 1gb. Futher i want to run some graphing software on it, most likely graphite/grafana.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Provider

@Roadie said:
      Thats why i said "ideally", i'm open to other offers which cost a bit more. I found that Ethernetservers have a vps with 1.5 GB for $15/y

Give Me the Link :P btw, Have you seen the 1.5GB Ram & 400 GB Space Plan for $20/Year ?

AlphaSSL Revocation Issue is being investigated.

• jarjar Provider

@Roadie said:
      Wow guys sorry for asking, you really make sure that new people feel welcome here, NOT!.

You are welcome here, I look forward to seeing you around :)

• What are the specs you want for that server ?

• Wait for black friday....You might get lucky :-)

• @roadie I apologize i f you feel not welcomed here because of my post above but its
      but get this you when you need to host some groupware you need a friendly provider
      who doesn't screw up so pls up your budget then you can get some great providers and friendly support

HOSTUS

http://lowendbox.com/blog/hostus-35year-2gb-openvz-in-dallas-los-angeles-or-atlanta/

Scaleway

OVH

Thanked by 1vimalware

• @CoMBoZo said:
      What are the specs you want for that server ?

2gb of mem, 1tb of traffic (actually 500gb is i think already enough) diskspace and cpu wise whatever is possible.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Provider

try to contact weloveservers.net , they sent offer in email every day :D like yearly promotions .

DeployNode - 1GB Ram , 20GB Storage , 1xCPU , 1TB BW ,Price :$1/month !
      Host4Fun KVM VPS in : SG,NYC,SEA,LA,UK,NL,PHX,ASH,ATL,NY,NC,DAL,MIA,CHI,OR,RS,DE,FR,PL,RO,CA (21+ Locations!).

• BoltVM Lightning $12/year if there is still any stock left.

Happy to be alive and kicking!

• Are you feeling all right?

We love servers(WLS) have been proclaimed a crap host many times on LET. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=weloveservers+Site:lowendtalk.com

RIYAD said: try to contact weloveservers.net , they sent offer in email every day :D like yearly promotions .

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

• @vRozenSch00n said:
      BoltVM Lightning $12/year if there is still any stock left.

Do you have a link for me? I don't see this offer.

• bersybersy Member
      edited November 2015

Roadie said: Do you have a link for me? I don't see this offer.

Guess he meant their 2014 crazy BF offers that are expired.

• @DalComp said:
      At least he didn't use the word "cheap" on the title, right emre?

Haha, you are so funny.

• This is crazy, who could even make money on offering something this cheap?!

www.madgenius.com - Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998

• some bottom feeder will make an offer.. they always do.. which is why people post things like this.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Provider

I am feeling all right !

but the OP , asked for $12/year for 2GB Ram . I guess the op does not care about service / performance of the VM .

@GM2015 said:
      Are you feeling all right?

We love servers(WLS) have been proclaimed a crap host many times on LET. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=weloveservers+Site:lowendtalk.com

DeployNode - 1GB Ram , 20GB Storage , 1xCPU , 1TB BW ,Price :$1/month !
      Host4Fun KVM VPS in : SG,NYC,SEA,LA,UK,NL,PHX,ASH,ATL,NY,NC,DAL,MIA,CHI,OR,RS,DE,FR,PL,RO,CA (21+ Locations!).

• Why not get the arubacloud offer with 1GB ram and then setup some swap?

tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

• AmitzAmitz Member
      edited November 2015

Roadie said: Wow guys sorry for asking, you really make sure that new people feel welcome here, NOT!.

All good. We are just a bunch of soft souls wrapped in hard shells. Most also have a strong sex deficit and general issues with ad-hoc kindness. But we are a bunch of good weirdos. Give us a chance, that's all we need. <3

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

• Roadie said: 2gb of mem, 1tb of traffic (actually 500gb is i think already enough) diskspace and cpu wise whatever is possible.

@Roadie k this the deal i can come up with see if this deal suits you VPS is located in Europe so no USA location for you

the price for this is 18.9 euro/year OR u can go Biennially paying two years 25.20/2 years
      TIME4vps is a great provider they showed this from time to time

before ordering please contact @time4vps then will remove the VAT if you are not located European Union

Note:the price will be the same as i mentioned above if VAT is removed

Specs

0.5 ghz core

2GB ram

5GB storage HDD SSD-cached

500 GB traffic

• I saw WLS being mentioned... If anyone's interested, I got a 128mb for grabs. It was a cheap yearly and I can transfer it for free to you if you're a registered WLS user.

• I think you should try Evoburst, black friday offer: http://vncoupon.com/evoburst-solutions-pre-black-friday-sale-exclusive-offers/

I do not know how well Evorburst can be trusted though.

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• @default said:
      I do not know how well Evorburst can be trusted though.

I wouldn't be worried about that. Ryan is a nice guy, the company is registered. The servers might have issues from time to time (happens to just about any provider), but as long as you have a copy of your data (which you should with any provider anyways), you should be fine.

• Thnx for all responses, i've settled for the evoburst black-friday offer

• DalCompDalComp Member
      edited November 2015

Actually, that pricing is possible in Canada with http://vps-hosting.ca

4GB RAM at $17/year

or

2x 2GB RAM at $22/year

I don't know exactly if the 4GB can be split that way, but you are purchasing resources here, I suppose you can.

I am playing around with smaller instances and performance is not so good, though. Do your own research before ordering.

• @DalComp said:
      Actually, that pricing is possible in Canada with http://vps-hosting.ca

They are OpenVZ right? That means possible (easily) overselling/overloading?

• @TheOnlyDK said:

I believe its kvm as you can install windows last time I tried.

Typical guy alexneo.net

Peering AS135103

• DalCompDalComp Member
      edited November 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:

It's vmware. And yes they have windows trial templates available.

I tried win 2012 template, it has 4,5gb-ish left out of 10gb disk. In case anyone wondering.

• @masterqqq said:

Are you sure? It would be too good to be true if it's 4GB KVM for for $17 a year. I would buy 10 of those and start selling nat vps from there, seems like a way to make some profit.

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
      edited November 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:
      Are you sure? It would be too good to be true if it's 4GB KVM for for $17 a year. I would buy 10 of those and start selling nat vps from there, seems like a way to make some profit.

I installed windows when I was using the trial 2 months back. The site stated windows and linux vps available.

Windows is not licensed through.

Typical guy alexneo.net

Peering AS135103

• Ok, just signed up with my email and logged in, it's a company from the same people ran by cloudatcost.com. I have servers with them, and they are extremely slow (but still usable). A couple of years ago the servers were pretty fast, but since last year my disk IO has dropped to 5-6mb/s. Depends on what you do, it might not be for you.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

Important notes: their website doesn't have much information, and they have little reviews despite being active since 2009. Iops is somewhat limited, test them first before buying bulk.

Damn, my mobile internet is so slow. I'm out.

• @DalComp said:
      Damn, my mobile internet is so slow. I'm out.

Are they good? I saw on website free cpanel license but how they do it with so low yearly cost.Also I contacted them they say that is not trial license

• DalComp said: Actually, that pricing is possible in Canada with http://vps-hosting.ca

4GB RAM at $17/year

Wow that looks great. They say sth about free cPanel at their web page. Looks too good to be true but I do not know. May be they are actually doing it possible somehow

• @emtecro @DreamCaster

Not sure about cPanel. I don't see a cPanel template on the control panel, just regular CentOS 6.7 and Centos 7.

My config is 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 10GB (claimed SAN SSD) disk ($8/year). I'll just leave some benchmarks here:

[email protected]:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
      Benchmark started on Sat Nov 28 20:04:26 EST 2015
      Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
      -----------
      Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5335  @ 2.00GHz
      CPU Cores       : 1
      Frequency       : 2000.071 MHz
      Memory          : 994 MB
      Swap            : 953 MB
      Uptime          : 34 min,

OS              : Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
      Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
      Kernel          : 3.13.0-32-generic
      Hostname        : ubuntu

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
      ---------------------
      Your public IPv4 is 104.233.67.xxx

Location                Provider        Speed
      CDN                     Cachefly        24.2MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          3.40MB/s
      Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       4.84MB/s
      Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       3.83MB/s
      San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       4.01MB/s
      Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       9.45MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          2.74MB/s
      Singapore               Softlayer       1.71MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         925KB/s
      Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        3.11MB/s

Disk Speed
      ----------
      I/O (1st run)   : 13.8 MB/s
      I/O (2nd run)   : 46.2 MB/s
      I/O (3rd run)   : 63.6 MB/s
      Average I/O     : 41.2 MB/s

[email protected]:~# dd if=/dev/urandom of=test bs=64k count=10000; sync;
      10000+0 records in
      10000+0 records out
      655360000 bytes (655 MB) copied, 149.08 s, 4.4 MB/s

[email protected]:~# ioping -c 10 .
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=1 time=2.9 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=2 time=1.9 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=3 time=32.7 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=4 time=1.5 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=5 time=3.1 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=6 time=5.4 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=7 time=6.4 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=8 time=1.5 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=9 time=194.8 ms
      4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=10 time=1.7 ms

--- . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV) ioping statistics ---
      10 requests completed in 9.3 s, 39 iops, 158.7 KiB/s
      min/avg/max/mdev = 1.5 ms / 25.2 ms / 194.8 ms / 57.2 ms

• That would be such a small deal. Good luck finding it, I found a 4GB with 4gb bursting for $50 www.zavio.co use "deals"

• @DalComp said:
      My config is 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 10GB (claimed SAN SSD) disk ($8/year). I'll just leave some benchmarks here:

Do you get a new IP every time you re-image the server?