Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free online backup?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free online backup?

Need to backup my PC before I format it. I will need ~150GB space for some days only. Someone any suggestion please? Thank you.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

typically companies like carbonite, backblaze etc have trials you could use.

Though you might not be able to fully backup your files in time / restore them

• Don't have an external usb drive you can use? depending on network speed, uploading can be slow.

I certainly wouldn't want to upload 300-500gb data with 300kbps to the internet again.

• You can use multiple free HubiC accounts (use my ref "SQNBZQ" if you want), it gives you 25GB for free.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

If your internet speed is fine to upload 150gb fast, keep looking. Otherwise if you have some free space on your drive, shrink your active partition, create a new one and store backup there.

• It'll take ages to upload that. Better get a cheap drive.

• dotted said: You can use multiple free HubiC accounts (use my ref "SQNBZQ" if you want), it gives you 25GB for free.

FYI, if they link his multiple accounts to each other and see the same ref ID you'll get banned as well.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Get an external drive , you will own the drive and also have faster access to your data.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

There's better things than online backups for what you're doing - like external hard drives. Maybe ask a friend to borrow one or just find a cheap external drive that you'll probably use a few times in the future as well.

Other than that, maybe split it into a few 20-50GB files and use a few different free cloud storage sites.

• 3x mega

• @WHT said:
    ~150GB space for some days only.

Stop looking for online storage if your home upload speed 1Mbps lol

Value your time

• Well I need it only for one day. Its not worth to buy a external drive.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

WHT said: Well I need it only for one day. Its not worth to buy a external drive.

Why not buy an hourly storage server from someone like vultr?

• It's worth it for such cases and most situations. A system reinstall takes half an hour on debian jessie and the drive has all the files I need.

You're not relying on some pussy services like Onedrive from Microsoft because they throw a fit around 1 or 2 people having a few terrabytes of data.

WHT said: Well I need it only for one day. Its not worth to buy a external drive.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited November 2015

@dotted said:
    You can use multiple free HubiC accounts (use my ref "SQNBZQ" if you want), it gives you 25GB for free.

Well thank you! Now working..

But i registered. I got 5 free slot if anybody interested: NYARJG

You will receive +5GB space

https://hubic.com/en/contracts/hubic_referral_2015.pdf

Thanked by 1GoatSeller